Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-29-2019, 09:33 AM   #6201
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Allergies rgmg. Cutting the grass when it's warm is brutal, but the back was getting ugly and today was my only chance to do it. That's a wrap on the rest of the day though, now I just lay on the couch with the AC on full blast. It feels like I have a cold just from being outside
As dumb as I look when I mow the lawn regardless of temperature I'm wearing a mask, goggles, gloves, pants, boots, long sleeve hoodie (thinner one). Probably a major factor as to why i'm not putting grass in at our new house.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #6202
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Because we're talking about.......children? Do you guys really think that children should be riding their bikes on the road? Better question, as drivers, do you want to share the road with children on bikes?

The joke is that those old men that spend their retirement moving their actual lawn further and further from the sidewalk inadvertently create a hazard for kids that suck at riding their bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
That's actually a really good point. What a dick this grade sixer is riding on the sidewalk. I mean, he's clearly such a great cyclist that he's occasionally challenged by a sidewalk. Time to get this guy out in traffic. Thanks Zevo!
Holy hell, I guess I hit a nerve. Grade 6 is too young now to ride on a residential street? Really?? Itís not like Iím talking about crowchild or memorial. When did parents become so soft.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:30 PM   #6203
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Holy hell, I guess I hit a nerve. Grade 6 is too young now to ride on a residential street? Really?? Itís not like Iím talking about crowchild or memorial. When did parents become so soft.
About eight-ten years ago.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 04:57 PM   #6204
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Lol. Ok. Skip right over my last post where I said that grade 6 kids are all over the place. They'll do sidewalk, road, alleys, you name it. As drivers, we should be happy they keep their erratic asses off the road more often than not.

But yeah. Soft parents. Solid contribution.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:14 PM   #6205
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Yeah, it's not like you even looked for clarification on where this was. He's on the street 90% of the time, but on a Sunday by the two churches along Acadia (by Canyon Meadows), the street gets packed with cars and old people struggling and making illegal U-turns and who knows what else. It's way safer on the sidewalk there. But no, I'm a helicopter parent. JFC
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:17 PM   #6206
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Jesus...unbunch your bloomers you two.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:43 PM   #6207
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

People that feel the need to use bear spray to rob a place RGMG. No one is fighting you, just take the booze and go. That stuff never goes away and I spent my shift feeling like I was the one that got sprayed.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:47 PM   #6208
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
People that feel the need to use bear spray to rob a place RGMG. No one is fighting you, just take the booze and go. That stuff never goes away and I spent my shift feeling like I was the one that got sprayed.
What are you doing in a liquor store on 11:43 on a Wednesday?
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #6209
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

Working until 11pm, I posted when I got home
Old 05-30-2019, 12:03 AM   #6210
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Running out of beer can happen any time any day. It's a terrifying thought to me but it's true
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:05 AM   #6211
Locke
ness Monster

Exp:

Fair enough.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #6212
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Being woken up at 5AM with a leg cramp. I think the only worse time is when you're stuck and you can't writhe around in pain, like driving.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 11:27 AM   #6213
cral12
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nothing new here, but how the F is this still a thing:

Someone in the vehicle ahead of you tosses their cigarette butt out the window...
Old 05-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #6214
Party Elephant
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Being woken up at 5AM with a leg cramp. I think the only worse time is when you're stuck and you can't writhe around in pain, like driving.
The worst one of those I ever had was while surfing. I fell off my board and both my calves just locked up to the point that I couldn't move them. I had to float on my back and hand paddle all the way to shore.
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Party Elephant For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #6215
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
In your calf?

I used to get those a few times a year, and read somewhere that it is due to dehydration and/or lack of potassium. Now I have a banana every day, and I rarely get those cramps anymore.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350820
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #6216
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Nothing divides siblings more than money. I have seen a few people go through hell when their parents pass away and the siblings fight tooth and nail over every penny. Lots of people that don't talk to their brothers and sisters because of disputes over inheritance. I used to hear the guy (was the executor) in the cubicle next to me at work on the phone with his siblings on a weekly basis for over a year and it was just nasty.
Stuff like that makes me feel better about the fact that when my parents eventually go (who, especially my mom, are terrible with money and we suspect probably deeply in debt), my sister and I are probably just going to get a bill instead of an inheritance.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #6217
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't usually post driving gear grinders as it opens a whole can of worms, but, people: Your car loses speed when it starts going up a hill, even a little one. You have to push the gas down a little more to maintain the speed you're at. Shocking, I know. Stony Trail over 16 Ave in the East is backed up like crazy every day entirely because of this.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:53 AM   #6218
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I don't usually post driving gear grinders as it opens a whole can of worms, but, people: Your car loses speed when it starts going up a hill, even a little one. You have to push the gas down a little more to maintain the speed you're at. Shocking, I know. Stony Trail over 16 Ave in the East is backed up like crazy every day entirely because of this.
Probably people using cruise in Chrysler. Setting a speed on those is just a vague suggestion, not a specific number.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:05 PM   #6219
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
In your calf?

I used to get those a few times a year, and read somewhere that it is due to dehydration and/or lack of potassium. Now I have a banana every day, and I rarely get those cramps anymore.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350820

Yep, the calf. Always the same one too, but I just started running outdoors again and that one has been a bit tight (I have been trying to stretch) and had attributed it to that. I don't mind a daily banana though.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:51 PM   #6220
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://calgarysun.com/news/crime/cr...g-little-girl\

Quote:
Molesting a little girl under the care of his wife should land the husband of a day home operator a one-year jail term, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

But the lawyer for Kenneth (Papa Ken) Jenkinson said his client should be handed an intermittent sentence that would allow the senior to continue working, followed by two to three years of probation.

Defence counsel James Wyman said Jenkinson, 72, works Fridays to Mondays as a trucker and could do his time on his days off.

But that would mean Justice Michele Hollins would have to agree to a sentence of no more than 90 days, the longest term an offender can do on an intermittent basis.
Molests an eight year old and is hoping to get intermittent sentence so he can work. Uggh. Even the one year the Crown is asking for is way too light.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: