Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 PM   #5201
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Thatís the beauty of songwriting, it doesnít have to be odd to be great.
In any regard, thereís a huge world of music out there. If one spends any time at all listening to it, theyíll quickly stop identifying the quality as directly dependant on its variance.
Beautiful post. Lots of indie music fans and artists could learn a thing or two from that last line. Very well written.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #5202
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
TD Insurance's hold times GMG. There's nothing about this experience that isn't grating. And always the same exact hold music, repeated on a loop! Pretty sure this tune is going to eventually trigger me to black out and murder a bunch of people.
Do you have insurance for that?
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 11:42 PM   #5203
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Have you heard this gem:
That sample though.

Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 PM   #5204
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Walmart and their prompts on the self check out can eff right off.

I have never stolen anything but getting warned twice not to steal anything makes me want to start stealing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 03:13 PM   #5205
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Walmart and their prompts on the self check out can eff right off.

I have never stolen anything but getting warned twice not to steal anything makes me want to start stealing.
This is new to me, last time I used the self checkout I did not notice anything. What is the prompt?

Related note:
Those stores that charge for bags now. Cannot remember which one it was but the prompt at the end of the transaction was not 'how many bags did you use' but was worded 'how many bags do you wish to purchase'. I do not want to purchase any, it's your stupid policy that makes people buy them. So I always enter '0' at that store as I feel it's an honest answer to their question.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 03:15 PM   #5206
Ped
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sports media and the changing narrative at playoff time. The narrative changes based solely upon who won the last game and is usually not indicative of a series. So much knee-jerk reporting seeking to pander.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:20 PM   #5207
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not really a gear grinder, but the ripped jeans the kids these days are getting a little out of hand. Some of these kids may as well just wear shorts. /oldmanrant

Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM   #5208
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
This is new to me, last time I used the self checkout I did not notice anything. What is the prompt?

Related note:
Those stores that charge for bags now. Cannot remember which one it was but the prompt at the end of the transaction was not 'how many bags did you use' but was worded 'how many bags do you wish to purchase'. I do not want to purchase any, it's your stupid policy that makes people buy them. So I always enter '0' at that store as I feel it's an honest answer to their question.
So you're stealing, no wonder Walmart needs so many prompts about it.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 04:23 PM   #5209
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Not really a gear grinder, but the ripped jeans the kids these days are getting a little out of hand. Some of these kids may as well just wear shorts. /oldmanrant

Oh it's my office jeans.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:36 PM   #5210
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Long pants required for entry"

Done and done!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:50 PM   #5211
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post

Related note:
It just started about a week ago at my local Walmart. When you use a self checkout it doesnít let you begin scanning until you agree to this big threatening paragraph saying youíre being recorded and promise not to steal anything.

Then before you pay another warning comes up and makes you confirm youíve scanned all your items and didnít steal anything. There may even be an audio prompt that plays too.

Itís super ####ing annoying.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 04:52 PM   #5212
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I noticed that for the first time last week too Cecil, at the Walmart in Fort Saskatchewan. Just shook my head. Like a prompt is going to stop people from stealing
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #5213
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just another reason to avoid the soul-sapping hell that is Walmart.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #5214
sa226
First Line Centre

Exp:

Its awesome when the neighbors are having their shingles done on a windy day and a bunch of garbage blows into your yard.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:39 PM   #5215
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post

Nm
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #5216
Johnny199r
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It grinds me to see able bodied adults watch a cashier at the grocery store scan all their items and then wait and watch after scanning as the cashier then bags their groceries too after scanning every item. This is especially applicable when a customer's reusable bags are being used.

Bitch do you have arms? If you're not a T-Rex then bag the groceries yourself with those bags you brought with you and just laid out for the cashier and save everybody 5 mins. Nope, instead just go on your phone or just stand there looking around like a walrus.

I am not referring to little old ladies, or someone with an infant in their arms. I'm referring to the vast madority of customers who are capable of this task.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 04-17-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:19 PM   #5217
Rando
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If I wanted to bag my own groceries I'd go to Superstore like some schlub.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 PM   #5218
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
It grinds me to see able bodied adults watch a cashier at the grocery store scan all their items and then wait and watch after scanning as the cashier then bags their groceries too after scanning every item. This is especially applicable when a customer's reusable bags are being used.

Bitch do you have arms? If you're not a T-Rex then bag the groceries yourself with those bags you brought with you and just laid out for the cashier and save everybody 5 mins. Nope, instead just go on your phone or just stand there looking around like a walrus.

I am not referring to little old ladies, or someone with an infant in their arms. I'm referring to the vast madority of customers who are capable of this task.
What store do you shop at? I've been doing my own grocery shopping for 25 years, and as far as I know, there are only two types of places - the ones that roll your stuff down a lane for you to bag yourself, or the ones where the cashier scans it and bags it for you, sometimes setting aside bread or eggs for special placement.

The bag-for-you places aren't even close to designed for me to snatch the lettuce out of the cashier's hands to bag myself. It would be downright awkward to even attempt. What the hell are you even on about? Your rants are so weird.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 10:43 PM   #5219
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post

You let the employee scan your items? Sheesh. Some people are so lazy. I walk around the register and scan that #### myself.

Sometimes Iíll even help the next few customers in line to give the cashier a break.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2019, 10:54 PM   #5220
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Sometimes Iíll even help the next few customers in line to give the cashier a break.
Don't let it stop there! I've started wandering into the kitchen at restaurants to grab my own meals after the chef plates them too.

Sometimes if I feel that's not enough I'll just go back there and cook my own steak.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote