Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
Zamboniman
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Zamboniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default Calgary Flames at St Louis Blues - 6:00 PM MT








Flames projected lineup:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Czarnik
Bennett-Jankowski/Dube-Neal
Frolik-Ryan-Peluso

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Stone
Valimaki-Andersson

Smith (likely starter)
Rittich

Blues projected lineup:

Maroon-O-Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Thomas-Blais

Edmundson-Pieterangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Jerabek-Bortuzzo

Allen (likely starter)
Johnson


Discuss.

Last edited by Zamboniman; 10-11-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Zamboniman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zamboniman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #2
Northendzone
Franchise Player
 
Northendzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Exp:
Default

this game is a conference playoff matchup preview game. looking forward to it.
__________________
I really like bikes and bike related discussions......
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000
 
Toonage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

Flames vs. Blues.

Somehow Stastny ends up with a goal out of this.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #4
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Blues are a good team at forward once again. Very deep forward group that plays a strong two way game and can hurt you offensively. Defense still has some very strong pieces, but isn't as dominant as they once were. The one weak link is Allen, who is off to another questionable start with an .818 Sv% and a GAA of 4.91.

Shoot early, shoot often.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
Split98
Franchise Player
 
Split98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Exp:
Default

Really looking forward to the follow-up game. If what we saw in Nashville was any indication, this is going to be another fun one.

Will be interesting to see how the 1st line does tonight. You'd have to think that there will be more focus on them tonight. It's also going to be interesting to watch Bennett tonight. He played well last game, and stayed off the scoresheets despite great efforts. If he brings that effort tonight, we could see the floodgates finally open for him.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #6
Gaskal
Franchise Player
 
Gaskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Exp:
Default

I'm pretty sure we opened the floodgates on Allen last time we played them too. Bennett and Janko had a fantastic outing that night.
__________________
Until the Flames make the Western Finals again, this signature shall remain frozen.
Gaskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
saXon
First Line Centre
 
saXon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Exp:
Default

Bold prediction:

Stastny doesn't get a goal.
__________________

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #8
Split98
Franchise Player
 
Split98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
I'm pretty sure we opened the floodgates on Allen last time we played them too. Bennett and Janko had a fantastic outing that night.
Good memory. They won 7-4 in Nov 2017 with a great game from Jankowski and Bennett:


Flames looked like absolute trash on the St. Louis goals too. Was weird to watch already...
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #9
cKy
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

I want to know whats happening in the first picture. Johnny has the puck but everyone is clearly looking in front of him
__________________

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #10
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player
 
Huntingwhale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Exp:
Default

I would play Smith again, as he's riding a high from the shutout. The coaches need to manage his playing time, but also need to bank points early on. IMO good teams like the Preds and Blues are much more vulnerable early in the season while they are still finding their grooves. Best to take advantage of that before they eventually start to shape into playoff contenders and points are more difficult to obtain.

Should be a good game. The Flames seem to be rounding into the form we all expected of them. This feels like uncharted territory for myself. I want to have faith they are finally entering the 'run' phase now that the rebuild is over after 5 seasons. But years of disappointment have made me very cautions. Let's see if the team can follow up 2 strong outings with another.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #11
Savvy27
First Line Centre
 
Savvy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Exp:
Default

As great as it would be to see the first line and powerplay keep rolling, I am also hoping to see the secondary scoring kick in. The Backlund line has had some very impressive flashes and close calls, so hopefully Backlund and Czarnik can produce something.

Also, it would be fantastic to see Neal or Bennett pot a goal tonight. There have been some chances (Dube too), but Neal and Bennett are both streaky, so if they can get hot the Flames will be a handful for anyone and could be looking at a pretty great start to the season.

The Blues are always a decent team. O'Reilly was a great pick up for them and Tarasenko is one of the more dangerous players in the league. Looking forward to this one.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #12
GioforPM
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Springbank
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I would play Smith again, as he's riding a high from the shutout. The coaches need to manage his playing time, but also need to bank points early on. IMO good teams like the Preds and Blues are much more vulnerable early in the season while they are still finding their grooves. Best to take advantage of that before they eventually start to shape into playoff contenders and points are more difficult to obtain.

Should be a good game. The Flames seem to be rounding into the form we all expected of them. This feels like uncharted territory for myself. I want to have faith they are finally entering the 'run' phase now that the rebuild is over after 5 seasons. But years of disappointment have made me very cautions. Let's see if the team can follow up 2 strong outings with another.
I've kinda come around to playing Smith. If he needs a rest, playing him now and giving him Colorado (even if Smith posts another SO) gives him a longer rest. He'd get almost a full week off.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:54 AM   #13
Bingo
Owner
 
Bingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy27 View Post
As great as it would be to see the first line and powerplay keep rolling, I am also hoping to see the secondary scoring kick in. The Backlund line has had some very impressive flashes and close calls, so hopefully Backlund and Czarnik can produce something.

Also, it would be fantastic to see Neal or Bennett pot a goal tonight. There have been some chances (Dube too), but Neal and Bennett are both streaky, so if they can get hot the Flames will be a handful for anyone and could be looking at a pretty great start to the season.

The Blues are always a decent team. O'Reilly was a great pick up for them and Tarasenko is one of the more dangerous players in the league. Looking forward to this one.
The 3M line playing well but not scoring last year was the biggest single reason the season went belly up in my mind.

This year?

Tkachuk off to a good start on the PP, but Backlund has zero points. Has to change. They're dominating but not scoring.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #14
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback
 
8sPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
I want to know whats happening in the first picture. Johnny has the puck but everyone is clearly looking in front of him
Looks like its just the guy in the glasses looking ahead, everyone else is looking at the puck.

I have a good feeling about this one. Peters will have them ready to play again.

4-1 Flames. Valimaki, Monahan, Bennett, and Backlund
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:07 AM   #15
Robbob
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Exp:
Default

Smelling a multi point night for Tkachuk.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 11:12 AM   #16
Flamesfan2010
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
The 3M line playing well but not scoring last year was the biggest single reason the season went belly up in my mind.

This year?

Tkachuk off to a good start on the PP, but Backlund has zero points. Has to change. They're dominating but not scoring.
I think they need to try Neal on that line, hopefully that would spark something offensively.
Flamesfan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesfan2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #17
Redliner
First Line Centre
 
Redliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Conquering the world one 7-11 at a time
Exp:
Default

It's my birthday. Flames win 4-3.
__________________
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redliner For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #18
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!
 
sureLoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Learning Phaneufs skating style
Exp:
Default

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
Dillon Dube is on the ice for #Flames morning skate. #CGYvsSTL

Eric Francis @EricFrancis
Dillon Dube skating w team this morning here in St Louis. He’s testing the ankle, which appears to be okay. #Flames
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 11:28 AM   #19
The Professor
Crash and Bang Winger
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Vancouver
Exp:
Default

I used to have a soft spot for the Blues. So many competitive teams, so few Stanley Cups. I don't think the O'Reilly trade made them better. Also, I can't tell if Allen is solid or garbage.

Looking for:
Neal to get going, hopefully with a goal. Bennett to keep up his strong play and hopefully get rewarded, I think he's been really good so far even with limited opportunities, which is exactly what we could have hoped for. Valimaki to continue his upward curve.

Go Flames
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #20
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

am i breaking news?

Rittich is the confirmed starter tonight.
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
blues , game thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016