Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Contests, Drafts, Trivia and Images
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #101
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Team Idiot Box would like to select as their first round pick, in the Comedy (Open) category, Arrested Development.

One of favourites television shows, cancelled all too soon. My theory is that there was too much awesome for some to handle.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:39 PM   #102
WindomURL
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Damn, I knew you were gonna make that pick!
Oh well, The Don Lapre Appreciation Society picks in the 18th position of the first round in the Comedy (Open) category,
Saturday Night Live

I'm a big nerd for this show, going back to the very beginning in 1975.
I'll post more later. Let's keep moving...
Old 11-03-2008, 01:40 PM   #103
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
Team Idiot Box would like to select as their first round pick, in the Comedy (Open) category, Arrested Development.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I contemplated this as the 1st pick overall instead of M*A*S*H but just couldn't pass on the 4077.

I love AD.

IMDB now has a page dedicated to the movie. LINK

(Sept 30th 2008) Michael Cera doesn't think there will be a movie. LINK
Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 PM   #104
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

I was going to pick something else, but knew that AD would be gone before it rolled around to me again. I was actually surprised someone didn't pick it before me!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #105
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I was going to pick something else, but knew that AD would be gone before it rolled around to me again. I was actually surprised someone didn't pick it before me!
You almost were disappointed EG - it was a very close choice for me but Jon Stewart won out.....good pick tho - that show definitely had some awesome to spare, it was so good!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #106
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

I created a new sheet that lists all the shows taken so far.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k..._DZF6bPsaLDtJg
Old 11-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #107
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeeGirl View Post
No time while I'm at work to be flowery about this but Team TV Guide would like to call to the podium for our 1st round pick, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart in the Talk Show category.

(I'll move it later if there is outrage...)

While very proud of this pick, at this time I'd also like to pass along a good-natured "&#&@ you!" to all my fellow competitors who took pretty much all of my other top picks! (But I do say it with love...LOL!)
I was wondering if that would fit into the Comedy(Open) category, but I was going to pick it and then fight for the category later.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 11-03-2008, 03:08 PM   #108
Prototype

Exp:

Will I ever be surprised if my pick lasts 2 more people...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #109
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Oh man, not AD too!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #110
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

For the first pick of the Informercial Kings, we are proud to select in the category of Crime\Law, CSI.

This is easily the best crime show on TV, and has been ground breaking in it's approach to solving crimes, many shows have tried to copy CSI but none have succeded. CSI is so good that it has two successful spin-offs that I am sure will be picked later in the draft.

In the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, its reputation for providing instant success for those willing to try their luck draws in the hopeful and the naive. This constant influx of visitors also provides ripe targets for criminals of all varieties, confident they will never be caught. Unfortunately for them, most are proven wrong by the Las Vegas Police Department's night shift Crime Scene Investigations unit led by Gill Grissom. With almost obsessive dedication towards his quest for the facts, he and his elite team of investigators work various perplexing cases using scientific skills and equipment that are capable of finding valuable clues from the most seemingly unlikely sources. In a city of empty dreams and false fronts, Gill Grissom leads the quest for the one thing that can cut through the lies to the truth and justice, the evidence.

Grave Danger

Last edited by Superflyer; 11-03-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #111
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
For the first pick of the Informercial Kings, we are proud to select in the category of Crime\Law, CSI.

This is easily the best crime show on TV, and has been ground breaking in it's approach to solving crimes, many shows have tried to copy CSI but none have succeded. CSI is so good that it has two successful spin-offs that I am sure will be picked later in the draft.

In the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, its reputation for providing instant success for those willing to try their luck draws in the hopeful and the naive. This constant influx of visitors also provides ripe targets for criminals of all varieties, confident they will never be caught. Unfortunately for them, most are proven wrong by the Las Vegas Police Department's night shift Crime Scene Investigations unit led by Gill Grissom. With almost obsessive dedication towards his quest for the facts, he and his elite team of investigators work various perplexing cases using scientific skills and equipment that are capable of finding valuable clues from the most seemingly unlikely sources. In a city of empty dreams and false fronts, Gill Grissom leads the quest for the one thing that can cut through the lies to the truth and justice, the evidence.

in all seriousness, great pick. I knew this would not be around next round.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #112
Prototype

Exp:

Can I get clearification before I make my pick? Are we Snakin' or not?
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #113
sadora
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
Not.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #114
Flash
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Not a snake draft this time around.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #115
Jagger
First Line Centre

Exp:

I also thought about taking AD with pick #2 but had to go with my personal favourite as I will likely do throughout this draft. Arrested Development is one of my all time favourites too though. What a fantastic show it was.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #116
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:

We're just shakin' not snakin'.

---

Yeah I know... *GROAN*

Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #117
Flash
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
I also thought about taking AD with pick #2 but had to go with my personal favourite as I will likely do throughout this draft. Arrested Development is one of my all time favourites too though. What a fantastic show it was.
I think I'll be doing the same...this is the first draft I've participated in, but I don't think there are any "winners", are there? I'm pretty sure I'll end up picking shows that I like over what's considered most popular.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #118
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

^^ That's what I am doing in the film draft, that's what I am doing in this one, too. I love AD, I love X-Files, but it was taken already (shake fist angrily at Sadora), but there's still quite a few favourites out there to be had, but Lord help the person that picks my favourite all time show!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #119
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash View Post
I think I'll be doing the same...this is the first draft I've participated in, but I don't think there are any "winners", are there? I'm pretty sure I'll end up picking shows that I like over what's considered most popular.

There are no winners or you're all winners. There will be no voting.
HD won the hottie draft and won't let any other drafts be judged

Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #120
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
^^ That's what I am doing in the film draft, that's what I am doing in this one, too. I love AD, I love X-Files, but it was taken already (shake fist angrily at Sadora), but there's still quite a few favourites out there to be had, but Lord help the person that picks my favourite all time show!
You've already had a pick and you didn't take your all-time favourite?
Why risk it?
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti