Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #14041
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Everything except for the consensus part. Rask likely has negative value to Minnesota. The original proposal is likely closer to even than you think.
Essentially you are saying that Minny would trade Rask for Neal. Which they wouldn't do. Rask is 6 years younger, cheaper, and shorter deal. Way more chance he bounces back than Neal does.

The rumor at the deadline was Frolik and a high draft pick for Zucker. Assumingly being the 1st rounder.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:21 AM   #14042
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am guessing Rask has negative value. Not as bad as Neal but he didn't look great.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:37 AM   #14043
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I have to assume that the cost at the deadline can't be as high as it would be on draft weekend. Meaning Frolik shouldn't need a 1st added to get Jason Zucker but what do I know. How bad do the Flames want to get rid of Neal? Is the Wild GM a huge fan of his? Does he believe that a big part of Neal's regression was fit?

Are the Wild just looking to shed cap space? Get younger? Shake up their room?

Also, in regards to the Monahan talk, what is Columbus knows that Duchene doesn't want to stay, or would cost them too much but they facilitate a sign and trade with another team? That team being the Flames. Just spitballing.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #14044
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd say Monahan was untouchable but then again, how many people saw a Hamilton trade?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:40 AM   #14045
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I have to assume that the cost at the deadline can't be as high as it would be on draft weekend. Meaning Frolik shouldn't need a 1st added to get Jason Zucker but what do I know. How bad do the Flames want to get rid of Neal? Is the Wild GM a huge fan of his? Does he believe that a big part of Neal's regression was fit?

Are the Wild just looking to shed cap space? Get younger? Shake up their room?

Also, in regards to the Monahan talk, what is Columbus knows that Duchene doesn't want to stay, or would cost them too much but they facilitate a sign and trade with another team? That team being the Flames. Just spitballing.
I would have thought deadline prices were higher.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:41 AM   #14046
Toonage

Exp:

^ You're right I meant to say the opposite sorry. That the cost at the draft shouldn't be as high thus Frolik shouldn't need a 1st added.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #14047
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
^ You're right I meant to say the opposite sorry. That the cost at the draft shouldn't be as high thus Frolik shouldn't need a 1st added.
Funnily enough I actually read it as you intended, didn’t catch the mistake until the following post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 09:40 AM   #14048
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rask definitely has negative value. He's a redemption project at this stage as his game has completely gone off the rails.

The debate between who is more likely to bounce back between Neal and Rask for the 2019/2020 season would be an interesting one, but Neal has the far better proven history - and one bad season on a new team doesn't condemn Neal, whereas Rask has been awful for 2 straight seasons, on two different teams.

I wouldn't put money on either of them bouncing back, but I would tend to side more with Neal than Rask. I'd argue heavily that youth isn't the ultimate indicator when comparing these two players at the stages of their careers that they're at, because young players do fall off cliffs.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:47 AM   #14049
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I'd say Monahan was untouchable but then again, how many people saw a Hamilton trade?
Honestly I don't think anyone is untouchable if Treliving has an opportunity to trade for a coveted player. I have to imagine in a year or two when Gaudreau is getting close to the end of his deal there's going to be a lot of speculation and rumours not because the Flames are necessarily shopping him but because other teams will be calling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #14050
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Monahan and a 1st for Dylan Larkin is still my dream.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:18 AM   #14051
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
Giroux exclusively played wing this season. Patrick has had a ton of chances this year to move up the line up but has failed to step up.

His skating is hurting him quite a bit as it is obvious the talent is there.

Guy gets minutes, powerplay time but until he kicks up his speed he won't be able to play his game like he wants to.
Giroux took almost 1200 faceoffs.

I really dont pay that much attention to who plays with who on the Flyers but that certainly doesnt scream winger.

Patrick was 7th among forwards for PP time per game. 7th in ES ice time. Was not used on the PK.

He was used as a 3rd liner by any metric....playing behind Couturier and Giroux.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #14052
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post

I really dont pay that much attention to who plays with who on the Flyers but that certainly doesnt scream winger.

Patrick was 7th among forwards for PP time per game. 7th in ES ice time. Was not used on the PK.

He was used as a 3rd liner by any metric....playing behind Couturier and Giroux.
FWIW, his linemate was most often Couturier, who is a C, and the latter took more draws. Sort of like the Monahan - Lindholm situation except Lindholm actually took more total draws than Monahan.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #14053
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Giroux spent about 56% of his ES ice time on Sean Couturier's right wing. Patrick was their 2C.

He spent another 15% on a line with either Patrick (2C)or Laughton (3C).

Giroux only spent around a quarter to a third of his season playing center.

Nolan Patrick has gotten a better opportunity than Sam Bennett, who you are constantly downplaying.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #14054
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Nolan Patrick has gotten a better opportunity than Sam Bennett, who you are constantly downplaying.

I know stats don't tell everything but Patrick's stat line is pretty similar to Bennett. Philly would just laugh but the Patrick's value is probably closer to Bennett+.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:41 AM   #14055
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Giroux spent about 56% of his ES ice time on Sean Couturier's right wing. Patrick was their 2C.

He spent another 15% on a line with either Patrick (2C)or Laughton (3C).

Giroux only spent around a quarter to a third of his season playing center.

Bennett cant play C, Patrick can. One will be 23 in camp, the other will turn 21.

One has 2 years under his belt, the other has 4+.

But whatever....I am not downplaying Bennett...but instead Im honest about what he is thus far in his career and what he projects to be going forward.

Im not advocating trading for Patrick but that is certainly the type of guy that I would see BT going after IF he was trading Monahan...not that hard to figure out.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #14056
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bennett cant play C, Patrick can. One will be 23 in camp, the other will turn 21.

But whatever....I am not downplaying Bennett...but instead Im honest about what he is thus far in his career and what he projects to be going forward.

Im not advocating trading for Patrick but that is certainly the type of guy that I would see BT going after IF he was trading Monahan...not that hard to figure out.
Not sure how you can say this.

Bennett has played one season as a centre, and he did it with sub-NHL talent on his wings. He's also quite strong on the dot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #14057
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

If Calgary covets a big #1 centre, Patrick is the guy to be going after. It will be costly and risky, but potential big gains always are. It really depends on whether Calgary thinks Patrick can be that guy. I do think he could be dynamite with Gaudreau.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:52 AM   #14058
Toonage

Exp:

To get Patrick they'd have to give up local(ish) boy Gaudreau.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 AM   #14059
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Not sure how you can say this.

Bennett has played one season as a centre, and he did it with sub-NHL talent on his wings. He's also quite strong on the dot.
I actually think Bennett should be given another shot at C. Jankowski hasn't done the trick and, if he still has Neal, they might get better chemistry closer together. Put Mangiapane or Dube on the other wing.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #14060
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To get Patrick they'd have to give up local(ish) boy Gaudreau.
Monahan would currently hold more trade value than Patrick, it just depends on whether Philly has any motivation to move him.

Monny is signed to a decent contract and has produced, so there are lots of reasons why Philly might want him badly enough to give up Patrick.
Closed Thread