Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #2661
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Keep digging. Bannon was a founding board member of Breitbart. He helped financed it from the start and elevated Andrew Breitbart from a basement hate blogger to an actual media voice.
None of this is mystery or unclear.

Breitbart was one thing with Andrew Breitbart running it. When he died, Bannon took over editorial control and Breitbart changed dramatically (and grew massively).
Old 08-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #2662
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

A breakdown.

ABC/CNN had Biden at 261 EV and Trump at like 130 or 140 as of what they know now. Biden needs 9 votes to win with Arizona, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Iowa, Ohio, Wisky, and Michigan still up for grabs. But as the guy who name escapes me on MSNBC said, Biden may not win one of those states and that could be very very likely.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #2663
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
None of this is mystery or unclear.

Breitbart was one thing with Andrew Breitbart running it. When he died, Bannon took over editorial control and Breitbart changed dramatically (and grew massively).
Bull####. Brietbart was always a bomb throwing mate mongering series of blogs (Big Government, Big Hollywood, Big Journalism). Bannon was the brains behind pulling them together to be just Breitbart and becoming more of a "news" voice. Andrew Breitbart was the face and the "talent." Bannon and the board were the brains. The organization was already solidified and prepared for the future, regardless of Breitbart's death. It's hilarious that RW trolls don't even know the history behind the very people they worship.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:32 AM   #2664
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
A breakdown.

ABC/CNN had Biden at 261 EV and Trump at like 130 or 140 as of what they know now. Biden needs 9 votes to win with Arizona, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Iowa, Ohio, Wisky, and Michigan still up for grabs. But as the guy who name escapes me on MSNBC said, Biden may not win one of those states and that could be very very likely.
Michigan is not really up for grabs.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:41 AM   #2665
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

After 3+ years it's stunning that we have to even consider the possibility that Trump could get re-elected. What happened to our neighbors? That country is a disaster right now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 10:42 AM   #2666
BoLevi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Bull####. Brietbart was always a bomb throwing mate mongering series of blogs (Big Government, Big Hollywood, Big Journalism). Bannon was the brains behind pulling them together to be just Breitbart and becoming more of a "news" voice. Andrew Breitbart was the face and the "talent." Bannon and the board were the brains. The organization was already solidified and prepared for the future, regardless of Breitbart's death. It's hilarious that RW trolls don't even know the history behind the very people they worship.
I've never been a Breitbart nor a Bannon fan - although his antagonism towards the Republican establishment is funny sometimes.

But you're incorrect...Breitbart changed after Bannon took over direct editorial control.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:47 AM   #2667
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
A breakdown.

RCP averages right now.

Arizona - Biden +2.0
Texas - Trump +3.5
Florida - Biden +5.0
Georgia - Trump +1.1
North Carolina - Trump +0.6
Iowa - Trump +1.7
Ohio - Biden +2.3
Wisconsin - Biden +6.5
Michigan - Biden +6.7

Biden has a five point lead in three states. Biden's lowest advantage is almost as large as Trump's biggest. But of course it's not very likely. Things keep getting worse and worse for Trump from a legal and visual perspective, but some how that's not going to influence the public and their vote. I mean, 70 Republicans from the intelligence community have come out and stated Trump is unfit to lead.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ad/ar-BB18ebzH

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam.../#33895fcf5375

Americans are ignorant, but they aren't stupid. Without the media cheering for this to be close, the numbers are stacking up for a significant statement vote.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:51 AM   #2668
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoLevi View Post
I've never been a Breitbart nor a Bannon fan - although his antagonism towards the Republican establishment is funny sometimes.

But you're incorrect...Breitbart changed after Bannon took over direct editorial control.
Mel, is that you? I know this posting style from somewhere. The only thing missing is the victim card.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #2669
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Americans are ignorant, but they aren't stupid.
Without the media cheering for this to be close, the numbers are stacking up for a significant statement vote.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 11:21 AM   #2670
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump now threatening to send armed sheriffs to polling places on election day to act as poll watchers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisette.../#4935b53135ec

Quote:
President Trump said he would send law enforcement to Election Day polls to prevent voter fraud during a Thursday night interview, alarming academics, activists and former federal officials, who fear Trump campaign efforts to suppress voter turnout—and question whether Trump has the authority to make good on this threat.

“We’ve suspected this would happen and here it is. Anything to intimidate and stop people from voting,” tweeted Vanita Gupta, CEO of civil rights organization The Leadership Conference.

“This is extremely disturbing voter suppression,” election rights author Ari Berman wrote on Twitter, while historian Ruth Ben Ghiat described it as a “classic right-wing authoritarian tactic.”

Walter Shaub, former director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics, tweeted that Trump is “sending law enforcement because it would be a crime to send the military,” but it seems the president could lack the authority to do so.

According to Rick Hasen, an election law expert who teaches at the University of California-Irvine, “Trump has no authority over local law enforcement such as sheriffs, so as commander in chief he cannot be ordering local law enforcement officials to be poll watchers.”
Old 08-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #2671
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

You know things are going well for the DNC because Ben Shapiro is really whiney and triggered in his podcast this week
Old 08-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #2672
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watching Biden's speech right now, and yeah, I agree with what pundits are saying that this sort of format, with no audience and no pauses for applause, suits him well. I don't think he's got a compelling speaking style overall, but when he's talking quietly about grief and loss and purpose, it's about as strong as I can recall him speaking.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:38 AM   #2673
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
You know things are going well for the DNC because Ben Shapiro is really whiney and triggered in his podcast this week
As opposed to every other week? Dude is still on tilt from telling everyone on twitter that his wife's vagina is like the Sahara.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #2674
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if we see a GOP shift away from the Biden cognitive decline push. They've made the bar way too low, his speech last night was good even without applying the scale grading, but by painting him as even less coherent than Trump it was basically a home run.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #2675
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mel, is that you? I know this posting style from somewhere. The only thing missing is the victim card.
Hasn't linked us Tim Pool yet so I'm gonna go with a different guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 08:21 PM   #2676
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
This may be for you

As cringy as that autotune "doesn't sound anything like the people look" video is, I really can't believe they released a cliche canadian video and dropped a "we're sauury for" in the middle of it.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #2677
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch City View Post
Ah yes, the both sides many sides argument.

Been a while since I heard that, guess it's time again.

Well the both sides many sides kind of takes away from a very real problem in America that's been rising for years. Yes, the GOP is worse, but yes both parties carry water for the 1% and continue to destroy potential and way of life for the average American as they siphon everything to the top.

It's unfortunately been turned into a "If you say anything bad about the democrats you're an idiot who doesn't understand how bad the GOP is", but there's so much more nuance and malice from America's political parties.

And before the predictable response, let me be clear - Yes, at the present getting Trump out of office is the most important thing in the world (Not often you get to say "most important thing in the world" without exaggeration).

Last edited by jayswin; 08-21-2020 at 08:31 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 08:37 PM   #2678
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
well the both sides many sides kind of takes away from a very real problem in america that's been rising for years. Yes, the gop is worse, but yes both parties carry water for the 1% and continue to destroy potential and way of life for the average american as they siphon everything to the top.

It's unfortunately been turned into a "if you say anything bad about the democrats you're an idiot who doesn't understand how bad the gop is", but there's so much more nuance and malice from america's political parties.

And before the predictable response, let me be clear - yes, at the present getting trump out of office is the most important thing in the world (not often you get to say "most important thing in the world" without exaggeration).
https://twitter.com/user/status/1296844377072054272
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 08:38 PM   #2679
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Canadian youtube video is horrendous. We already have Out For a Rip, we're good, please no one make any more of those.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 09:09 PM   #2680
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
That Canadian youtube video is horrendous. We already have Out For a Rip, we're good, please no one make any more of those.
Out for a Rip is a crime against humanity.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread