Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2021, 02:30 PM   #61
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Why should anyone give a cut price to an oil state?

If graelish is worth 100m to them, the price for kane should start at double
The ball is in your Court it appears...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:44 PM   #62
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well if Lukaku is worth 130M, then Kane should be able to get 150M from Man City.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:54 PM   #63
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J epworth View Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1423359692475142146

The video from Christian Purslow explaining the transfer just exemplifies how much Aston Villa has grown as an organization in the last 4 years. Great professionalism by them to state in clear terms exactly what happened and what Villa is doing moving forward. I still have nightmares over the cryptic Tony Xia tweets he was putting out while almost bankrupting the organization.

UTV!
not often that you see a CEO explain a decision like that to the supporters in such an open way. Good stuff. Surely an extremely tough day for you guys, but I do think your club is well run right now.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #64
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Really hoping the Lukaku transfer goes through.

He was my second favourite target for Chelsea this window... after some strange looking kid from Norway.

Lukaku is exactly what Chelsea need imo. They were so inept offensively at points last season. It was hard to watch them gain and retain possession in the opponent's end and be able to do absolutely nothing about capitalizing.

I can't wait for the prem it feels like it's going to be an insane season with some of the signings as well as the rumoured ones if they come to fruition.
nixon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 10:35 AM   #65
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1423678961746337795

translation: City isn't paying up, so better backtrack and try to limit the damage. Completely ridiculous decision in the first place ... damaging your own reputation for nothing. Well done 'Arry.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #66
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1423678961746337795

translation: City isn't paying up, so better backtrack and try to limit the damage. Completely ridiculous decision in the first place ... damaging your own reputation for nothing. Well done 'Arry.
Haha, well I think he's going to have to go into specifics. I just think that when you get accused of going on strike and trying to force a move, it shouldn't take 4 days if there's actually a misunderstanding. Basically, Spurs will want 150-170m and City isn't paying that, and Kane has zero leverage in this situation.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:12 AM   #67
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

So...my understanding is that 'Arry's Agent is his brother....who failed to negotiate an exit or buyout clause and in exchange created a 'handshake deal' with Levy.

Now thats all well and good, I dont know anything about Levy other than that he is a fairly good negotiator and is quite economically shrewd, and maybe he's even an eminently honourable man who will stand by this informal verbal agreement.

So I'm guessing the result of this is:

"Sure 'Arry, you can leave as per our Gentleman's Agreement. As soon as someone pays our valuation for you."

- "Bu, bu, bu....what if they dont?"

"Then you dont."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-06-2021, 11:16 AM   #68
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine relying on a "Gentleman's Agreement" lol. Better luck next time.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:17 AM   #69
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
So...my understanding is that 'Arry's Agent is his brother....who failed to negotiate an exit or buyout clause and in exchange created a 'handshake deal' with Levy.

Now thats all well and good, I dont know anything about Levy other than that he is a fairly good negotiator and is quite economically shrewd, and maybe he's even an eminently honourable man who will stand by this informal verbal agreement.

"Sure 'Arry, you can leave as per our Gentleman's Agreement. As soon as someone pays our valuation for you."

"Then you dont."
That's pretty much how it appears at this point. And honestly, if City hasn't even made a bid (and there appears to be nothing else forthcoming), then how exactly are Spurs supposed to let him leave?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:18 AM   #70
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
That's pretty much how it appears at this point. And honestly, if City hasn't even made a bid (and there appears to be nothing else forthcoming), then how exactly are Spurs supposed to let him leave?
Sell him to Bournemouth for a quid.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:21 AM   #71
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

"Then you dont."
If that's the case, he should fire his brother immediately. Well he should have fired him immediately after signing that 6-year extension, which everyone knew was ludicrous at the time.

Don't mix family and business, kids.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #72
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
If that's the case, he should fire his brother immediately. Well he should have fired him immediately after signing that 6-year extension, which everyone knew was ludicrous at the time.

Don't mix family and business, kids.
Yeah....I think that ship has sailed. Might as well keep him at this point.

And Ovechkin's mom seems to have done a pretty solid job.

Old 08-06-2021, 11:27 AM   #73
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah....I think that ship has sailed. Might as well keep him at this point.

And Ovechkin's mom seems to have done a pretty solid job.
One thing I would maybe do, were I Levy, is sign him to a new 3-year contract but bump his wages up a bit. Still gives him the opportunity to leave next summer and maybe takes the sting out of this summer's fiasco a little bit.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #74
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean, Jack Grealish just showed how it can be done. Signed a long-term deal, but negotiated a release clause and now gets his transfer without all the fuss and without getting hunted down with pitchforks. Kane and his brother were just dumb and naive ... signing a 6 year deal without a release clause, at a club where Daniel Levy handles business. I have no sympathy for him at all. Cap it off with a four day strike and you're firmly in "Dumb and Dumber" territory.
Old 08-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #75
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I mean, Jack Grealish just showed how it can be done. Signed a long-term deal, but negotiated a release clause and now gets his transfer without all the fuss and without getting hunted down with pitchforks. Kane and his brother were just dumb and naive ... signing a 6 year deal without a release clause, at a club where Daniel Levy handles business. I have no sympathy for him at all. Cap it off with a four day strike and you're firmly in "Dumb and Dumber" territory.
Yeah....pretty much.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:22 PM   #76
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Son is liking Instragram posts about kane having 0 major titles

Dier reposted one with a Charles Barkley quote about how LeBron's titles mean less than MJ and Kobe because he needed a super team to do it

Not a great week for Harry
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:13 AM   #77
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1424022684346818562
Old 08-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #78
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dammit.

Its Roman's money so I dont care, but Lukaku is a beast. He makes Chelsea so much better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2021, 12:19 PM   #79
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yup, gonna miss all those missed Werner tap ins
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:10 PM   #80
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hearing a full Old Trafford after rinsing Everton, brings back welcomed feels.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote