Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #61
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

When I did it, I told them I was going relocated to Saskatoon and they haven't provided a condo address yet. One guy said no, I walked 10 ft and asked the girl, who rang me up. I did this a year or so ago. $55 after all charges.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 AM   #62
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT~55 View Post
Worked for me tonight. Went to Best Buy and told the guy I wanted the koodo sask plan and he got for me no questions asked. The plan is now a bit different than what's in the OP, it's now $48 a month and there is no longer a discount for bringing your own device.

Only had one minor issue when trying to port over my number. I was getting an error saying something along the lines of invalid data match. The issue was I had filled in the box for the device serial number, once I left that blank it worked fine.
The $48 plan is basically the $55 option with the bring own device discount (10%) already included.

The address as far as I know isn't all that necessary or important unless you choose paper billing or need bills to show proof of residence.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:26 AM   #63
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

You don't need to get a salesperson to give you the plan. Get a koodo account with an Alberta plan and address, then on self serve online you can change it to a sasky number and select the 5 gig plan. You can either stop there, or if you want an Alberta number then you can use self serve to port in an Alberta local number. That's it.

There are some limits on certain changes in the same billing cycle....I think you can change to the sask number and plan, but then have to wait until the next billing cycle to do the number port in.

I was already with koodo, but I didn't bother trying to keep my old number (though possible, more costly and complex and I didn't care enough). I was considering just keeping the sask number but ended up getting a local number via virgin prepaid and porting it into my koodo account. If you already have a non Koodo number you can just port that in.

But there was never any need to try to get a sales rep to give me any particular plan, you can just open it with a regular Alberta plan then change it over via self serve.

Oh, and don't bring too much attention to it and make Koodo start trying to crack down on it.

Last edited by Ryan Coke; 07-20-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 PM   #64
Wr3ck3d
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Anyone do this recently? Would love to save 50 bucks a month and keep my current number, haha.

Any tips/tricks/easy locations to go to in the SE?

Thanks!
Wr3ck3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #65
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I signed up this week. Only issues from the OP were that the person kept trying to get my cell number; like she was going to port my number over. That won't work as you need a MB/SK number to start off with. (I was also doing this for my son's Wind plan- so I didn't want my cell number tied at all. ) They also asked for my Winnipeg address- which I had. However it ended up going under my Calgary address as that's what my ID has.

They did have to call into Koodo to get the plan- as they didn't have access. The other thing I did was to act interested in what Winnipeg number they were giving me.

I will port my son's number over this week- but I don't see there being an issue.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #66
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

I plan on doing this next month when my Bell contract is done. If they balk at using my Calgary address and want one from Sask (which I should be able to provide), is there any issue changing the billing address to AB after the fact?

Oh and when you port an existing number, does that automatically cancel the plan with the old provider?

Last edited by Hemi-Cuda; 08-08-2015 at 07:02 PM.
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #67
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yes use your Alberta address. If they balk at giving you a SK number, just get an AB number. Then a week later you can change it to a SK number and plan, then port your AB number all via self serve. And yes, as soon as you port a number it closes down the previous account.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:28 PM   #68
Morozee
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anybody attempt to do this with an existing AB Koodo account/number? I am not having any luck, and looks like I may have to add another step.

I set up a MB $48 plan sim card. My existing Koodo account has a zero balance and no tab balance. I set up the new MB self serve account as well as test the sim card. When I go to self serve/change number in the MB login, and enter my AB 780 number I get the message "This number is already in use." Lame. Has anyone else attempted to do a AB Koodo to MB/SK Koodo port?

I am thinking I may have to port the number out of Koodo to a Rogers account or something, then port back into the MB Koodo account?

Morozee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #69
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
No, PST doesn't get levied on services usually, only on goods.

Just wanted to point out that with a Manitoba number is was charged PST. Maybe Saskatchewan has different PST rules. I used Manitoba as I actually have a valid address to use there. Also when the billing cycle hit I had the Manitoba number still. Not sure if that will change with the 403 number now.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #70
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Just wanted to point out that with a Manitoba number is was charged PST. Maybe Saskatchewan has different PST rules. I used Manitoba as I actually have a valid address to use there. Also when the billing cycle hit I had the Manitoba number still. Not sure if that will change with the 403 number now.
You pay taxes based on the area code. Once you get an Alberta number, the taxes will just be the GST plus the Alberta 911 fee.
accord1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to accord1999 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2015, 08:15 AM   #71
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Morozee, yes if you really want to keep your current AB koodo number you have to port it out to someone other than koodo, then port it back in. So it adds time, complexity, and cost. I decided I didn't care that much about my number so I just went and got a new one using a virgin prepaid sim. But it is doable.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:50 PM   #72
Morozee
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
Morozee, yes if you really want to keep your current AB koodo number you have to port it out to someone other than koodo, then port it back in. So it adds time, complexity, and cost. I decided I didn't care that much about my number so I just went and got a new one using a virgin prepaid sim. But it is doable.
Thats what I figured, thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on which provider and plan I should port out to? Do you know how long I have to wait before porting back to Koodo?

Morozee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:41 PM   #73
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No dice when I tried today at 2 locations. So I had them set me up an AB one at the cheapest price and I'll try and find where in the self serve I can change locations or move, then port later I guess.
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #74
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You don't need to get a salesperson to give you the plan. Get a koodo account with an Alberta plan and address, then on self serve online you can change it to a sasky number and select the 5 gig plan. You can either stop there, or if you want an Alberta number then you can use self serve to port in an Alberta local number. That's it.

There are some limits on certain changes in the same billing cycle....I think you can change to the sask number and plan, but then have to wait until the next billing cycle to do the number port in.

I was already with koodo, but I didn't bother trying to keep my old number (though possible, more costly and complex and I didn't care enough). I was considering just keeping the sask number but ended up getting a local number via virgin prepaid and porting it into my koodo account. If you already have a non Koodo number you can just port that in.

But there was never any need to try to get a sales rep to give me any particular plan, you can just open it with a regular Alberta plan then change it over via self serve.

Oh, and don't bring too much attention to it and make Koodo start trying to crack down on it.

I'm unfamiliar with koodo online, but I've looked around, where in there can you change to a sask number?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #75
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Log in, go to "My Profile" and then "Mobile Phone." At the bottom of the page there will be a "Change phone number" link.

I can't click past there, as it only allows you to change your number every 90 days. However I'm sure the options were to port a number, or to obtain a new number.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #76
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Alright number changed, plan changed, now theres a lovely message that you can't change your number through the online account for 90 days..................................So how else can I port my AB number? I don't think I want to do that on the phone.....Otherwise this whole change will end up costing my plan + koodo plan for 3 months.....Sub optimal for sure

Edit: switched to the $15 seasonal hold plan for now, I guess $45 isn't bad to wait it out

Last edited by Aleks; 08-26-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #77
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't believe you have to wait for 90 days, as of the next. Billing cycle you should be able to port. Unless something has recently changed of course. But if you change to the seasonal hold plan it may count as a change and delay it further, and your still going to have to put the 5gig plan back on.

In the past it has always just been a matter of changing the plan, the once the billing date passes it will allow you to port in.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #78
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I don't believe you have to wait for 90 days, as of the next. Billing cycle you should be able to port. Unless something has recently changed of course. But if you change to the seasonal hold plan it may count as a change and delay it further, and your still going to have to put the 5gig plan back on.

In the past it has always just been a matter of changing the plan, the once the billing date passes it will allow you to port in.
Maybe its just recently then. Its specific to the phone number, I've been able to change the plan multiple times already, but when I go to the change phone number page, it says "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Phone number changes can only be completed once every 90 days through your online account."

So crappy. I may just go somewhere else and try to resign up with a 306 and take this sim back for the 15 day return

Sucks, I'm still reading people are signing this up no problem at all first try, and I'm 0 for 3 on getting anyone to do a sask number off the start...
Old 08-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #79
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think I got that too, but as soon as my billing period reset I ported in no problem.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #80
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Brother works at bestbuy in Saskatoon and they were recently warned about ensuring people were residents of Saskatchewan before giving them sask plans. So something might be happening to stop this
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote