Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #441
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

One more question. If I make Gillies, Gaudreau, and Jankowski, and put them on the Heat, I would have to sign them at the beginning of the year, right? Would hey be UFA and get paid basically anything or would there be restrictions like an ELC?
Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #442
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember2004 View Post
Ever since The 360 came out I've bought every NHL from 07-14 and they still haven't changed the announcers.... I really hope they do something in NHL 15...
I don't know about the announcers, but I can definitely say, from an inside source in EA, that they are putting the most effort they have ever put into a sports game for NHL15. It apparently will be completely revamped for the next gen systems.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:36 PM   #443
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

^ if its not posted by Jobo I don't get my hopes up or believe it.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #444
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
^ if its not posted by Jobo I don't get my hopes up or believe it.
I kinda feel the same. But they are building everything off the new Ignite Engine which is next gen only. The old architecture won't work on the new systems so just out of default the game HAS to be completely new.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #445
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

My assumption is we'll end up with something similar to NHL 07 on the 360. I really enjoyed it, but it was certainly a stripped down experience. Things that used to be taken for granted in previous years had to be rebuilt and reintroduced over several seasons. If memory serves me correctly, the timing is very similar too, with a system release in November and a game release almost a year later.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #446
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
My assumption is we'll end up with something similar to NHL 07 on the 360. I really enjoyed it, but it was certainly a stripped down experience. Things that used to be taken for granted in previous years had to be rebuilt and reintroduced over several seasons. If memory serves me correctly, the timing is very similar too, with a system release in November and a game release almost a year later.
Depends on the dev team.

Madden most certainly was a miss in terms of the Next Gen Launch but Fifa is potentially the best Next Gen game out there and is a full experience with much better gameplay and all the game modes you'd hope for.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #447
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Fifa is developed by EA Canada, and they were really driven to not water down the leap to next gen. I think NHL is in safe hands.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:04 PM   #448
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
One more question. If I make Gillies, Gaudreau, and Jankowski, and put them on the Heat, I would have to sign them at the beginning of the year, right? Would hey be UFA and get paid basically anything or would there be restrictions like an ELC?
I created them and when doing so, if I recall correctly, I set them to be property of Calgary. Then I moved them onto the Heat through the Roster Edit (?) screen and as long as I had contract room they were already signed when I started up my Be A GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Fifa is developed by EA Canada, and they were really driven to not water down the leap to next gen. I think NHL is in safe hands.
I hope you're right. In many ways this series has stagnated over the last handful of years...especially when it comes to the AI and traditional game modes.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote