Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Official WWE/ECW/WCW/TNA talk, or whatever

It seems like we have some pro rassliní fans on this board and I think it deserves its own thread. I didnít watch Wrestlemania, but for all those that did, what did you think of it? Was the HBK/Taker match one for the ages? How entertaining was the MITB match? Iím assuming the Hart/McMahon street fight was pretty boring with just a bunch of brawling

I did catch a bit of Raw the night after. I wonder if Bret is staying on past Monday because from what I heard of his contract, it expired the night after WM. The HBK farewell speech was pretty good. Best farewell speech Iíve ever watched. And it looks like heís retiring for good and wonít pull a Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, or Mick Foley. The Clique was awesome back in the day. Glad to hear him thank and apologize to Bret and Vince with the way he acted in the 90ís

I know ECW and WCW are gone, but we can still talk about their history in this thread
albertGQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

Cool thread, chico!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

I think the Taker/HBK match last year was much better...though the jumping Tombstone that finished off Micheals was pretty sick.McMahon/ Hart was pretty bad...but what do you expect from those two....the beating went on way too long...and you pretty much knew Bret was going to pull it out.MITB was a pretty typical MITB match, other then having 2-4 too many guys in it. If they wanna get guys a Wrestlemania payoff...stick a few more in the Battle Royal opener. I don't see Swagger as a main eventer right yet...I hope they build him up alot to get him som credability. I personally would have gone with Christian as a better choice to win it all
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #4
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Jack Swagger is being pushed. He cashed in his MITB and defeated Y2J for the heavyweight championship.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sad news - Chris Kanyon died last night, likely a suicide.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10011186.shtml
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
oilers_fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
Sad news - Chris Kanyon died last night, likely a suicide.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10011186.shtml
Man. Sucks to hear. Pills? Is this drug related? I wonder if the depression had anything to do with him coming out of the closet.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

TNA is on now...and it's the only wrestling on til after NCAA Basketball.

Orlando Jordan is a complete waste...he reminds me of a bad Golddust clone
Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like Randy Orton is getting a huge push as a face

Another win against Jack Swagger
Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

For all you rasslin fans.....

www.wrestlinggonewrong.com

Had a ton of fun, and learned a bit of Pro Wrestling history. The accidents make you cringe a bit. New Jack is nuts.

From the same people who brought you Botch-A-Mania on Youtube.

EDIT: Hmmm, just noticed they let the domain expire. Crap.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Sounds like the volcanic cloud is affecting WWE and TNA wrestlers, as half of the Raw cast is stuck overseas, as well as TNA's X Division champ, Doug Williams
Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Sounds like the volcanic cloud is affecting WWE and TNA wrestlers, as half of the Raw cast is stuck overseas, as well as TNA's X Division champ, Doug Williams
Finally saw Raw last night. Very subpar episode with lots of Smackdown superstars.

Whats up with Swagger losing so many matches but not having his belt on the line?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
Prototype

Exp:

I don't know why a guy like Swagger gets a title when guys like Matt Hardy get the crowd behind them, sell merchandise, and yet get jobbed.

Swagger is useless. I doubt he gets another title reign after this one. Even Kane deserves another run as he's busted his ass for the company for years and only has a 1 day title reign to his credit.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #14
socalwingfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Impact on Monday really stepped up - 2 outstanding matches by RVD including a title change on "free" TV. Would like to see Desmond Wolfe (Nigel McGuinness) get a bigger push as he has been kinda shoved off to the side since Hogan/Bishoff came aboard
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
I don't know why a guy like Swagger gets a title when guys like Matt Hardy get the crowd behind them, sell merchandise, and yet get jobbed.
The fact Jeff Hardy got a title run is a miracle. Vince still thinks people only like big guys with muscles. Matt is a twig.

To Swagger's credit, he seems to draw a lot of heat, so he makes a good heel champ.

BUTLER FOR STARTER!

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #16
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
Impact on Monday really stepped up - 2 outstanding matches by RVD including a title change on "free" TV. Would like to see Desmond Wolfe (Nigel McGuinness) get a bigger push as he has been kinda shoved off to the side since Hogan/Bishoff came aboard
I'm not a big fan of RVD, I never was and never will be. In fact I laughed out loud at his opening promo when he was in the ring with AJ Styles and Jeff Hardy and he was pronouncing himself as the better wrestler. Why was I laughing. Because Hardy and RVD are 0 psycholgy spot monkeys who don't know how to tell a flipping story in the ring. They're gymnasts.

I thought it was lame that TNA would give away a PPV quality championship match with no buildup just to put the belt on Hulk Hogan's buddy.

Rob Terry trying to press slam Wolfe was laughable at best. The TNA knockouts who used to be the best part of that show have been reduced to ridiculous levels including changing champions without a match.

Oh and 5 minutes of really stupid dialogue between Bishoff and Hogan as as they eyef%%% bishoffs on screen assistant and make comments about her taking dictation, real clever writing.

Oh and returning Samoa Joe who had been unexplainably kidnapped by ninja's and even better, we still have no idea why Sting turned bad.

Its WCW booking at its best.

At least the show didn't have a lot of Orlando Jones in it who seems to want to take Goldusts routine and turn it from comedy to just plain repulsive. I'm sure Vince Russo is eager to write the first ever gay male orgy in a cage match for the next PPV.

I used to like TNA, now its booking is just aboslutely terrible, the production quality is poo, and outside of one or two matches the wrestling is really subpar.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #17
Lionel Steel
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Pretty thorough analysis of TNA there, I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I tuned in once in the past couple months for about 30 seconds. I saw a couple of senior citizens, covered in blood, rolling around the ring. Pretty much turned me off the product for good. Especially considering how good Smackdown has been lately.
Lionel Steel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like HHH is taking a break as he is "injured". Decent episode last night. Christian will probably feud with Swagger. They'll probably have a Mysterio/Big Show feud again. Edge and Orton will probably work a program too
Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #19
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

SES is the best thing on Smackdown today
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #20
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
SES is the best thing on Smackdown today
Granted I haven`t watched in a while but judging by your user name you might just be a tad biased about the subject.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote