Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #581
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post
I don't know, I'm not big on this and I certianly don't get the 'somebody had the balls to try something like this' comment. It seems to me looking around the league everybody has the balls to try something like this.

Isn't every single third jersey made now have this circle with the team logo inside it? St Louis, Columbus, Florida, Minnesota, Pittsburgh.

That Jones one a few posts earlier is the best tweak of a Flames jersey I have ever seen.
Yea I made one with that logo a few days back. Even I knew it had been done before.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #582
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
ok - so tonight i was working on a couple of baby blankets (my wife is preggers with our first child!!). i decided that on the red side of the blanket i wanted to do a 3-colour flaming c... white inside, then red, then yellow.

i made up the patch and thought, 'man... that looks really sweet.... i wonder what it would look like on the retro jerseys?!?!?' so i grabbed a jersey and i think i actually squealed with delight! this pic has the logo on the back of the jersey since the patch i made for the blanket is smaller than the patch on the front of the jersey - but you'll get the idea....

personally, i love it - i think it looks sweet. i should just make my version of the logo bigger and replace the front patch on my jersey..... hmmmm
That's awesome, and I the blanket sounds awesome!
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #583
HELPNEEDED
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

We need a team to be able to put jerseys on.
HELPNEEDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #584
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
That's awesome, and I the blanket sounds awesome!

thanks.... and here's my little girl at about and hour old....

(any excuse i have to post a pic of her!!)

Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #585
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks a ton guys! That was pretty fun to work on.

Pretty much agree with most of the critiques on here and I know how my next free-time will be spent .

I adore the idea of the 3rd where the Reebok logo was (I was the guy who PSd the idea earlier) but left it out of this concept considering the Reebok logo move is just a rumour. I actually even tried it on the yellow band on the elbow but it looked far too busy. I'm all about clean shoulders though.

I did purposely leave the 2-thick banded waist on purpose to be a different theme than the arms. I love the tension it brings to the jersey and the clean front-facing appearance. I tried a thin band when I added it to the arms and didn't like it as much (though it did still look good). I'll post a version with that when I tweak it around again.

That font is Phoenix. I can't unsee that now. The font was changed immediatly

Edit: And maybe I'll post up a concept without strings... but I absolutely adore them so I hope our next jersey keeps them

Last edited by Split98; 03-22-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #586
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I think I'm finally pretty happy with the concept. After playing around with the nameplate font, I found that I really did just love the clean (though Coyote's-esque) simple sans font. I also still never dug adding the extra band to the waist and included here is the neck-placement alternate logo that would be a great place if Reebok does end up allowing their branding relocation. I also retained the tie-ups, but decided on a jersey coloured thread to blend while keeping the (IMO) great look of a tie-up. Blends, avoids the clutter that bothered some people and adds that classic tie-up touch.

Thanks a lot for the positive response guys, this was definitely something I've had a ton of fun working on.

Last edited by Split98; 03-23-2013 at 03:20 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #587
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great job man! ^^^

Only comment would be that the socks look a bit off. The tops should probably be red for color consistency and flow, but that's just my opinion.
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #588
davidus_49
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I like the socks. I wish I could buy this jersey right now.
davidus_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #589
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
Great job man! ^^^

Only comment would be that the socks look a bit off. The tops should probably be red for color consistency and flow, but that's just my opinion.
Yeah, the socks are striking for sure.

I tried a white bottom but personally wasn't a fan. The white to the skate looked odd, and the red at the top created too much of a red block from the pants to the knees (where I had a yellow band).

I'm also a bit of a fan (a huge fan actually) of visual tension. Things that look a BIT off (though still attractive) is something I typically strive to design. The socks (and waste band) seem to accomplish that from the reviews I've gotten so far
Old 03-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #590
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidus_49 View Post
I like the socks. I wish I could buy this jersey right now.
Me too
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #591
Fire_Dash
Draft Pick

I revised my concept a little bit and I'm really happy with it.
Fire_Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #592
$ven27
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
So I think I'm finally pretty happy with the concept. After playing around with the nameplate font, I found that I really did just love the clean (though Coyote's-esque) simple sans font. I also still never dug adding the extra band to the waist and included here is the neck-placement alternate logo that would be a great place if Reebok does end up allowing their branding relocation. I also retained the tie-ups, but decided on a jersey coloured thread to blend while keeping the (IMO) great look of a tie-up. Blends, avoids the clutter that bothered some people and adds that classic tie-up touch.

Thanks so much for the positive response guys, this was definitely something I've had a ton of fun working on.

These are definitely the best new jersey concept I've come across (excluding Zamler's Retro one).
$ven27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #593
Miniac
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Spoiler!

Thanks so much for the positive response guys, this was definitely something I've had a ton of fun working on.
Great work! Love the jersey!
Miniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #594
t0rrent98
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There should be a Home and Away Jersey of Kipper and Iginla because thats what the Identity of this team is.... Its not the Flames, its about Kipper and Iginla.
t0rrent98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #595
rhino
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ven27 View Post
These are definitely the best new jersey concept I've come across (excluding Zamler's Retro one).
I agree......lets all send in a request to the flames. Great job on these!!!!
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #596
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Thanks a lot for the positive response guys, this was definitely something I've had a ton of fun working on.
Amazing job. One of the best jersey concepts I've ever seen, period. And personally, I love the socks.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #597
Dr. Pepper
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
icon53 Sorry for the bump...

...I just came across this:

Appears over at http://www.hockeyjerseyconcepts.com/...ing-kings.html

Don't like it much myself, but I think it's the first on this thread to attempt something like what they've done here.

Last edited by Dr. Pepper; 04-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Dr. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #598
Dr. Pepper
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
icon57 Third Jersey Unveil at the draft?

What do people think of the likelihood of unveiling a new 3rd jersey design at the draft? Would be pretty sweet advertising with the 3 1st rounders...
Old 04-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #599
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
So I think I'm finally pretty happy with the concept. After playing around with the nameplate font, I found that I really did just love the clean (though Coyote's-esque) simple sans font. I also still never dug adding the extra band to the waist and included here is the neck-placement alternate logo that would be a great place if Reebok does end up allowingy their branding relocation. I also retained the tie-ups, but decided on a jersey coloured thread to blend while keeping the (IMO) great look of a tie-up. Blends, avoids the clutter that bothered some people and adds that classic tie-up touch.

Just saw this up on Icethetics! Good work
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #600
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Split98, your jersey designs are awesome! May I ask you to try out a black and a yellow 3rd jersey designs using the same template and see how they pan out?
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote