Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #2281
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Honestly the Chiefs franchise needs to come under fire for this because they've known about it since it happened. It's Ray Rice all over again.
From the NY Post article

Quote:
The Chiefs were unaware of the video, according to The Athletic.
So were they aware of the incident or just not aware of the video?

And if the prosecutors deemed it not enough to file charges...what is the teams responsibility at that point?

Either way, im guessing he gets suspended after this...as he should.

Last edited by transplant99; 11-30-2018 at 02:15 PM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #2282
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Are you mixing him up with Tyreek Hill who definitely had these exact issues in college. Hunt got suspended for two games once for violating team rules but that’s it I believe.

Regardless that’s a really bad look for him and the Chiefs. Gotta think he’s getting 6 games minimum.
He was suspended in college but it the reason was kept under wraps.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #2283
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
From the NY Post article

So were they aware of the incident or just not aware of the video?

And if the prosecutors deemed it not enough to file charges...what is the teams responsibility at that point?

Either way, im guessing he gets suspended after this...as he should.
Other reports are saying that people in the know are saying the Chiefs knew about the incident and existence of video. If this is they case I believe the Chiefs should at minimum should be stripped of their 1st round pick. I hate the Chiefs but always respected Andy Reid. If he in fact knew about this it is very disappointing.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:47 PM   #2284
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Other reports are saying that people in the know are saying the Chiefs knew about the incident and existence of video. If this is they case I believe the Chiefs should at minimum should be stripped of their 1st round pick. I hate the Chiefs but always respected Andy Reid. If he in fact knew about this it is very disappointing.
The Chiefs should be punished because every team in the league tolerates criminal activity in exchange for wins? That is just a bit extreme.
Old 11-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #2285
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

This isn’t a mystery, both the Chiefs owner and Hunt addressed this issue publically in August. There are multiple news stories online from July about it. It boiled down to there were no charges, no league discipline, and a lot of standard “I’ve learned and grown as a person and moved on”

The story from this summer, word for word the same thing we saw on video now

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...216112030.html

That video isn’t gonna be good for him though that’s the outrage now, unless someone wants to dig and find some outrage here from this summer when it was first reported. Like Jamele Hill said Zeke got 6 games with WAY less evidence.

Last edited by ResAlien; 11-30-2018 at 02:59 PM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #2286
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
The Chiefs should be punished because every team in the league tolerates criminal activity in exchange for wins? That is just a bit extreme.
I don't think so if you are trying to present your league as being proactive with these kinds of issues. Supposedly the Chiefs sent Hunt home today pending further investigation after the news of the tape became public. If they knew of the tape beforehand why all of a sudden they are sending him home and investigating? Because the tape is public that's why. It looks really bad and the league may have to make an example of them.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:07 PM   #2287
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't think so if you are trying to present your league as being proactive with these kinds of issues. Supposedly the Chiefs sent Hunt home today pending further investigation after the news of the tape became public. If they knew of the tape beforehand why all of a sudden they are sending him home and investigating? Because the tape is public that's why. It looks really bad and the league may have to make an example of them.
The league is not going to make an example of them, otherwise criminals would no longer be allowed in the league and the league's talent level (i.e. the on field product) will get worse. We just saw a multiple DV perpetrator get claimed on waivers. No one cares, just the way it is. If you can produce, and are physically not in jail, you'll be alright.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #2288
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
The NFL has placed Kansas City Chiefs running back Kareem Hunt on the commissioner's exempt list, a decision that came hours after video surfaced of him pushing a woman in February.

Hunt's placement on the exempt list means he will be on paid leave while the league conducts an investigation into what happened. He can't practice, play in or attend games until the investigation is over and a decision on potential discipline is made, but he will not count against the team's 53-man roster.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...er-exempt-list
Old 11-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #2289
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

aaaaaand he's gone.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1068684175891488769

Last edited by devo22; 11-30-2018 at 06:59 PM.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #2290
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Wow. I guess if you're going to smack a woman around and lie about it that's not the kind of person you want in your organization.

Huge applause to the Chiefs.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #2291
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a maroon this guy is. Trying to somehow justify Hunt's actions because of racism. Even it it's true it doesn't give a 220 lb man the right to treat a woman like this.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1068613424521695232

https://twitter.com/user/status/1068615941229957120
Old 11-30-2018, 07:54 PM   #2292
FlameyMcFlameFace
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If it’s racism. Let’s talk about this....

If he was called the hard n word repeatedly thats a very serious offence and can trigger some raw emotions. If this was a guy who was sayin thatg to hunt and hunt punched him out, Kareem would be looked at as a hero...

It’s reported this lady was completely out of control

Last edited by FlameyMcFlameFace; 11-30-2018 at 07:56 PM.
FlameyMcFlameFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:01 PM   #2293
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

But wouldn't Hunt have said that beforehand to the Cheifs, making his case? What's different now from the video, if anything?
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #2294
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I cannot for the life of me figure out the timeline on this. This was a big deal in KC in February, but it disappeared because there were no charges and there was also no kick mentioned in the police report. Then in June there was an alleged punch at a waterpark.

TMZ said that police had the video and that adds another layer. No charges were filed because police said they didn't have evidence of a crime. That's not evidence of a crime? Huh?

If police didn't release the video publicly, the NFL had a hurdle to get it. But they have some really smart and connected people on team and league security. They are well connected. The NFL just learning about the video today seems unlikely if not improbable if they did a thorough investigation.

So I have a ton of questions. Hunt ####ed up and deserves punishment. But there are other people at fault for the way this situation evolved too.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:11 PM   #2295
FlameyMcFlameFace
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
But wouldn't Hunt have said that beforehand to the Cheifs, making his case? What's different now from the video, if anything?
I agree I would have said at least something to my team. However we don't know his situation. For all we know he didn't want to make it a big deal, just move on and play football? Not a clue!

However if those allegations against the female are true. We need to ask ourselves how far across the line did he cross? He should have not kicked her at the end, perhaps that needs disciplinary action. However being called the hard N word, spat at, stuff thrown at him, and just overall being a complete dick to him is absolutely disgraceful.

Like I said, if it was a man. Kareem Hunt is praised. So what are these double standards??

This is all based on allegations against her btw. In no way shape or form do I agree with physically harming a female.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:24 PM   #2296
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the allegations against her about being racist is true, than the Chiefs have completely overreacted, since Hunt's reaction would be understandable. A multi week suspension just to not pass on the optics of hitting women is okay would make sense. But I feel that they know how important Hunt is to there team, so they have to be very confident that Hunt's reaction wasn't justified, and indefensible. Otherwise Chiefs are dumb for getting caught up in the initial emotional reaction.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:34 PM   #2297
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Her yelling at him changes nothing, it makes her a horrible person, but doesnt justify anything

Especially when you look at his other violent issues

On one hand i think the chiefs did the right thing, but then how do they justify tyreek hill?
d_phaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:35 PM   #2298
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chances washington just goes all in on being the most hated team in the nfl and claims him?
d_phaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:42 PM   #2299
FlameyMcFlameFace
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Her yelling at him changes nothing, it makes her a horrible person, but doesnt justify anything

Especially when you look at his other violent issues

On one hand i think the chiefs did the right thing, but then how do they justify tyreek hill?
What about her spitting on him and most importantly the hard N word? Are you bunching in being called the N word as "yelling at him"? Because yes yelling at him can be all smack talk she was saying to him. But don't group in the N word in that. It may be words, but to him that meaning cuts very deep.

Granted I have no clue about his history, I'm just basing my judgements from this case.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:57 PM   #2300
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why didn't he behave like a "Man" and go back into the hotel room, lock the door and call security or the police?
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote