Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #2201
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Maybe she was hinting something else to Jon. Something much more terrible that Cersei is known for. Something that involves brothers and sisters.
They are cousins, so it wouldn't be that weird in Westeros.

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:38 AM   #2202
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Yeah but she doesn't know that.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #2203
LanceUppercut
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Fair point. I'm sure they will learn the truth as soon as Bran shows up.

Uh... Lance Uppercut.
LanceUppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:22 AM   #2204
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
When Sansa and Jon were talking about Cercsi and Sansa said she had learnt a lot from her... She has the same hairstyle as Cercsi used to rock.
Someone on r/gameofthrones tried to make this connection as well. While true I doubt the thing she took from Cercsi was hair. In the comments another user pointed out lots of Ladies in Westeros rocked that hairstyle at various points. Surely it's something deeper.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:33 AM   #2205
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
So was I the only one wondering why that group of Lannister soldiers was non-rapey? Arya just rolls into their camp with not even a care, we do get that shot of her seeing that all their swords are off of them. Just struck me as kind of odd after so many seasons of people avoiding troops like the plague, since they were all killing, looting, and raping. Or is she just so next level now that taking them out would have been no problem for her and she had possibly sized them up before riding into their camp?
They are cold, tired, hungry and homesick.

The fight is gone from the Lannister forces. They don't want to be there anymore.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #2206
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seen on twitter:

Q: How did Arya Stark get to King's Landing?

A: Sheeran
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #2207
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^ I kind of get it... but...no
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #2208
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
^^ I kind of get it... but...no
she ran
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:45 PM   #2209
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Twitter is the worst.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #2210
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yeah, Euron isnt exactly subtle, so it wouldnt surprise me at all if hes going to try and impress Cersei by going after Tyrion and promptly getting his ass kicked.

Its an interesting juxtaposition between the two, the Lannisters in Westeros have a fractured group being barely held together during constant power struggles whereas Denearys has a cohesive group united under one leader.
It's quite interesting, as Denaerys' group is the only one with any real unity. The Starks and Little Finger don't seem overly united and even Sansa and Jon have rifts. If Jon manages to do away with Little Finger, while retaining the loyalty of the Vale, that would obviously change things. The best way to do that would be to have Robin turn on Little Finger and unite with his cousin, Sansa. Little Finger did, after all, kill his mother. Sansa needs to inform Robin of this somehow.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 01:54 PM   #2211
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I would love for Sweetrobin to play a major role in resolving the conflict of the Northern houses. we've seen cunning, experienced adults like Tywin, Littlefinger and Varys play the game with razor precision, it would be awesome if the kid who "fights like a girl with palsy" just Leroy Jenkins'd everyone's plans to hell.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #2212
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Please let little finger die soon. and I just know that Sansa is going to stab Jon right in the back at the worst possible time.

As for the night king, what if he does get a dragon? As long as its not the Alpha, Drogon, it should be fine.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #2213
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Please let little finger die soon. and I just know that Sansa is going to stab Jon right in the back at the worst possible time.

As for the night king, what if he does get a dragon? As long as its not the Alpha, Drogon, it should be fine.
The white walkers and the whights all have an extreme weakness to anything produced using dragon fire, so you'd assume that an ice dragon would be a pretty pathetic weapon against an actual dragon.

Unless you kill all 3 dragons I would assume that the ice dragons wouldn't be all that effective.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #2214
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I hope Little Finger not only lives but that he gets major character status again! They don't have any major villains left in the show besides him and Cersei.

I was actually a little sad when they killed off Joffrey! He was so easy to hate week after week. Ramsay was good too.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #2215
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I would love for Sweetrobin to play a major role in resolving the conflict of the Northern houses. we've seen cunning, experienced adults like Tywin, Littlefinger and Varys play the game with razor precision, it would be awesome if the kid who "fights like a girl with palsy" just Leroy Jenkins'd everyone's plans to hell.
Now that would be hilarious. I'm pretty sure if he did that on the last episode and everyone died and the camera just fades to black audiences world-wide would be stunned.

Quote:

Really? I like Little Finger, hes someone where you know what he wants and you know that he'll stop at nothing to get it despite the fact that its pretty clear that hes the last person who should sit on the Iron Throne and if he did he'd probably hate it.

Hes interesting.

I loved the line: "Little Finger would burn Westeros to the ground if he could be King of the ashes."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #2216
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
They are cold, tired, hungry and homesick.

The fight is gone from the Lannister forces. They don't want to be there anymore.
This.

The scene with Arya and the Lannister troops was more about the troops then the Stark. It showed everything you said plus all the soldiers were relatively young, thought that was done on purpose. This isn't the standing army marching off after years of training anymore, it's young men ripped from young families and mothers, conscripted into a never ending war.

This was the exclamation point on Jamie's warning to Cersei earlier in the episode.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #2217
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
This.

The scene with Arya and the Lannister troops was more about the troops then the Stark. It showed everything you said plus all the soldiers were relatively young, thought that was done on purpose. This isn't the standing army marching off after years of training anymore, it's young men ripped from young families and mothers, conscripted into a never ending war.

This was the exclamation point on Jamie's warning to Cersei earlier in the episode.
Agreed. It would not surprise me in the least if a bunch of them ether join Denearys when she shows up or take one look at her dragons and drop their weapons and go home to the farm.

Roll credits.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #2218
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
I hope Little Finger not only lives but that he gets major character status again! They don't have any major villains left in the show besides him and Cersei.

I was actually a little sad when they killed off Joffrey! He was so easy to hate week after week. Ramsay was good too.
Well the biggest villain of them all is set to take stage. So Little Fingers death would be a nice way to clear the table. Besides, like I said I have a hunch Sansa is going to make a turn.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:38 PM   #2219
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The white walkers and the whights all have an extreme weakness to anything produced using dragon fire, so you'd assume that an ice dragon would be a pretty pathetic weapon against an actual dragon.

Unless you kill all 3 dragons I would assume that the ice dragons wouldn't be all that effective.
I'm assuming that no one has seen an ice dragon and what it's effects are on any of the living. Perhaps it's ice breath is a perfect counter to dragon fire. I'm just gonna go ahead and pull out my D&D gear now /snort.

Actually in a lot of fantasy scripture ice dragons or bone dragons are quite lethal to anything living so if that is a plot line in the show it's gonna put a huge kink in the livings plans.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:04 PM   #2220
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Ed Sheeran Deletes Twitter Account

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ame-of-thrones
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post: