Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2022, 06:52 PM   #1861
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Three LinkedIn PMs this month from professional tailors offering "to come over to your house and show what they could do for me". Hookers, right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2022, 06:52 PM   #1862
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
At a theme park today and was waiting in line behind two teenagers. Girl teenager was popping boy teenager's face zits.

And they called it Puppy Pusy Love...
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:14 PM   #1863
Knut

Exp:

Insurance across the board went up 25% for us this year while the deductible also increased. That’s insane with zero claims on the account in the past year.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:38 PM   #1864
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Insurance across the board went up 25% for us this year while the deductible also increased. That’s insane with zero claims on the account in the past year.
How many places did you shop around at renewal?
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:30 PM   #1865
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
At a theme park today and was waiting in line behind two teenagers. Girl teenager was popping boy teenager's face zits.

Years ago on the ctrain I was seated facing this dude that looked like the neckbeard meme guy and he had a half-poppen zit where the pus was solidified and extruding out of it. I still can’t get that image out or my head.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:34 PM   #1866
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
My wife loves a good wedge salad, while I find them annoying. Give me my Caesar salad with the romaine properly torn up and mixed with bacon bits and dressing. And you better not make me mix the dressing into the salad myself, I am not dressed for sloshing lettuce and Caesar dressing around a tiny bowl with a salad fork, that is a recipe for disaster (and unequal distribution of the dressing within the salad).

The first time I encountered a wedge salad was in 2014 at the Bear Mountain Resort in Victoria. Room service brought my dinner up and, without even thinking, I said "What the #### is that?" when the room service person lifted the cloche to expose a massive wedge of a head of lettuce drizzled with Caesar dressing.
Liked for proper use of cloche!

https://www.google.com/search?q=cloc...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 08-23-2022, 09:37 PM   #1867
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon View Post
I appraise anywhere from 10-20 cars a week, and I see at least one a week with a bedazzled/Rhine stoned airbag cover.

Please for the love of god people, stop turning your airbag cover into a Swarovsky Claymore... unless of course you want a bedazzled face.

I would be genuinely curious how an insurance company would handle someone being injured and or blinded by the stupidest auto accessory trend in the history or cars. And yes... that includes truck nutz.
ha! it was about 3 years ago now - my wife went out to grab some pizza for dinner and said something like, "i'll be 15 minutes, watch the kids ok!". at the time i was busy doing something in the garage. since she was going to be home so soon i just kept working in the garage. soon enough she was back home and asked how things went while she was gone. i replied fine and followed her into the house to eat.

this is what greeted us:
IMG_1898 by bc-chris, on Flickr
Old 08-23-2022, 11:26 PM   #1868
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
There are also limiting factors.

Stadium tours only work for hugely popular bands. 99% of acts can’t make it work to play in 50-100k seat venues.

They can also only be toured during certain times. Hard to do a stadium tour in January in the northern part of the USA. Hard even in the summer in the south due to the oppressive heat.

I would also imagine the price point per ticket becomes less profitable overall. You can sell arenas for a premium but no one wants to pay $200 to sit in row xx of the second deck at a 100k capacity football stadium.

Further to that, I bet festivals exploding in popularity have ended most stadium tours viability.

All that being said, I just saw Rammstein play the first stop of their first ever NA stadium tour in Montreal and it was ####ing incredible. Could never pull that #### off in an arena. By far the most largest, most spectacular and most elaborate stage production I’ve ever seen, possibly in the history of live music. It was ####ing insane. That kind of thing, you can’t do in a 20k arena.
I didn't even know that was a stadium show. Was it sold out?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:33 AM   #1869
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
Three LinkedIn PMs this month from professional tailors offering "to come over to your house and show what they could do for me". Hookers, right?
Old 08-24-2022, 08:00 AM   #1870
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It’s to give you that power ceo experience. Come to my office because I don’t have time to go to the tailor.

But they are super pushy. I had a guy swing by my office after he told me he would just show me swatches. Showed me some mediocre material and said ok what I can I make you. I said I’m not looking for a new suit (already told him before he came) and his demeanour changed to immediately annoyed and he left as fast as he could.

Thanks but no thanks
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:01 AM   #1871
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

Posters who double and triple post on a regular basis, so annoying and ruins this forum for other users.

There’s exceptions of course like Opendoor who actually contributes or sometimes a poster is in their own thread and that’s different.

Like take a break and learn how to use a forum feature like multi quote.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 08:03 AM   #1872
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I didn't even know that was a stadium show. Was it sold out?
It was at an outdoor venue Parc Jean Drapeau but it’s not a stadium. Just a big open area park. They didn’t sell it to capacity but still had about 45k people according to news articles.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:17 AM   #1873
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
I was likely contacted by the same person. I made the mistake of engaging with her. She couldn't/wouldn't understand that I work from home and have for the last 6 years, so I don't need custom clothes.

I asked if she had a website to review her services on my own time.

"Let me give you a call, you'll know in 30 seconds if this is something for you. What’s the best number to reach you at?"

No call that doesn't end rudely is only 30 seconds long.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 11:17 AM   #1874
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It was at an outdoor venue Parc Jean Drapeau but it’s not a stadium. Just a big open area park. They didn’t sell it to capacity but still had about 45k people according to news articles.
Oh man, yeah I know that venue. That would have been incredible.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 01:42 PM   #1875
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh man, yeah I know that venue. That would have been incredible.
Look up some of the YouTube videos. It was absolutely bonkers.

Translated french article on the show. Apparently the stage cost $6m and costs $600k to set up and operate for each show.

Quote:

a team of 265 people - supported by 260 local technicians - were active on the show site. Arrived a week in advance, all these beautiful people were busy setting up the stage 200 feet wide, 100 feet deep and 120 feet high that will throne at Parc Jean-Drapeau.

During the evening, 586 pyrotechnic effects were deployed, as were 860 pounds of black and white confetti. Add to that 1070 stage projectors, 36 smoke machines and 35 powerful fans, we get extraordinary visual effects.
Old 08-24-2022, 01:43 PM   #1876
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seeing pics of the Country Thunder setup from last weekend, I'd kill to have some metal festivals at Fort Calgary like that

It would just get NIMBY'd to death though
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 01:46 PM   #1877
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Seeing pics of the Country Thunder setup from last weekend, I'd kill to have some metal festivals at Fort Calgary like that

It would just get NIMBY'd to death though
Same reason they don’t have shoes at McMahon.

Montreal isn’t immune either though.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/south-sh...cert-1.6037870
Old 08-24-2022, 01:53 PM   #1878
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't we have a vibrant city somewhere else?
Old 08-24-2022, 02:02 PM   #1879
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Posters who double and triple post on a regular basis, so annoying and ruins this forum for other users.

There’s exceptions of course like Opendoor who actually contributes or sometimes a poster is in their own thread and that’s different.

Like take a break and learn how to use a forum feature like multi quote.
Another good gear grinder is any poster who sends private messages to people telling them how much they dislike them.

You'd think it would be better to just block them and move on with their life.

Give me the double posters over that, every time.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #1880
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

There has to be a limit though. I live across the river from Shaw Millennium that hosts Oxford Stomp at Stampede, Bluesfest, Carifest and occasionally Pride. They’re all reasonable for sound transmission. It’s music you can hear with windows open and part of the time when closed.

Chasing Summer and one of the other recent EDM feats have deep bass that is continuous for 10 hours, rattling dishes in your cabinets at the opposite end of the house, giving dogs serious anxiety and keeping kids awake on a Sunday night before school. No chance of hearing your tv without noise canceling headphones. Those shouldn’t be held inner city because ‘vibrancy’.

Country festivals shouldn’t be held anywhere.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post: