Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-04-2022, 09:25 AM   #2861
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I’ll never understand Halloween nerds. They rank around the same as Disney adults to me. Just some lock never got unlocked in childhood and they’re perpetually stuck obsessing about something most people can just casually enjoy.
Bored suburbanites who have nothing better to do so they dedicate their lives to decorating for the seasons/holidays.

I like it because my kids enjoy it when we drive around the neighborhood and it saves me hundreds annually because I don't have to do it. Drove by a house yesterday with, I kid you not, a 12 foot tall skeleton. It was rad.
CroFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2022, 09:26 AM   #2862
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post
So lemme get your guys' thoughts.

My neighbor is really into Halloween, and this year has a realistic decapitated head hanging from a gallow on his front yard. I have a young child and it terrifies her whenever we go outside.

Is a decapitated head a bit TOO much for Halloween decor? Worth saying anything? I don't want to be a fuddy duddy but I feel like that may have overstepped the boundary of good taste for seasonal decorations on your front yard.
I'd tell him to take it down or it'll be his head like that hanging in your yard.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:30 AM   #2863
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I’ll never understand Halloween nerds. They rank around the same as Disney adults to me. Just some lock never got unlocked in childhood and they’re perpetually stuck obsessing about something most people can just casually enjoy.
I dunno. Its fun.
I put up a few puffers every year, so I don't go all out. But my daughter and I love driving around and trying to find the most bad-ass set-up.
Not sure why we have to try and take people down for having fun with something.

(I do think some of the decorations go over the line when they are particularly graphic, that's not fun for young kids)
Jiri Hrdina is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2022, 09:31 AM   #2864
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

There are a lot of people who have seen some ####… super graphic stuff like a beheaded body is ####ed up in my opinion. But that’s because it ####s with my own trauma. Lots of people have trauma… I just don’t understand setting #### up like this at your house for a whole month. I don’t get the “fun” (specifically with super graphic displays).
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:40 AM   #2865
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Decorations are definitely getting more and more gory and realistic. Someone on my street has this super realistic witch holding a dead cat that she's about to drop into a cauldron.

I'm not surprised though, some people LOVE true crime podcasts and all these serial killer shows. I assume it's these people who take Halloween to the hardcore level. My kid is 13 so its actually great timing as he wants to go to the scariest looking houses with his buddies, but if you have a young one that's a different story.
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #2866
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolyTheUnholy View Post
It's really grinding my gears how busy the roads have been since September. I know tons of people are back in school and people are back at work, but I can't believe that it takes me 2-3 times longer to get to work now. First world problem, but dang, it's annoying.
I think it's because so many people gave up on transit. You could try that! Or you could try convincing everyone else to try it, but that might be more work.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote