Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-04-2022, 04:35 AM   #1501
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

In a redraft, Hollows goes first overall for sure! Hell, he's so good he proves could have been drafted a year early and be the first player to qualify for exceptional status for the NHL.
McJesus and saddleboy are probably getting nervous and thinking that they're not going to be the best on their team anymore. Holloway is so good he made Darnell Nurse think....and that's a huge feat on its own! Holloway is so good that the NHL is considering just giving the oilers the cup now and wondering of they shouldn't even play for the president's trophy or just give them that too. Holloway is so good, he's the only player alive they would consider trading Broberg for, and Holland actually tried!!!
Old 10-04-2022, 05:25 AM   #1502
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Oil Stain would make a great minister of propaganda, his ability to twist facts to suit whatever argument he's pushing is next level.

BEAST!
Old 10-04-2022, 06:16 AM   #1503
SaskyFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

When faced with NHL competition in Calgary Holloway was -3, definitely not a beast that night unless your definition is different than mine. Definitely one of the worst that night though.

Gets a hattrick on an NHL squad vs future AHLers and WHLers, the best player outside the NHL.

Such a beast he led the Condors to being swept in 3 games last year by the Heat, obviously the Heat couldn’t control him.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:30 AM   #1504
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskyFlamesFan View Post
When faced with NHL competition in Calgary Holloway was -3, definitely not a beast that night unless your definition is different than mine. Definitely one of the worst that night though.

Gets a hattrick on an NHL squad vs future AHLers and WHLers, the best player outside the NHL.

Such a beast he led the Condors to being swept in 3 games last year by the Heat, obviously the Heat couldn’t control him.
He also had 22 points in 33 games in the AHL last year. He's easily a 700 goals 1300 point player.

It seems like this trend happens almost every year where the Oilers have a player who tears up the pre-season and the hype begins. At least this time he is their top prospect, not a player who has been in the league for years and done nothing and suddenly is a beast!
Old 10-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #1505
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Not sure who will be on the second line with Draisaitl, but last season he had 53.75% goal share away from McDavid. That's not bad. Draisaitl is one of those guys like Patrick Kane or Huberdeau that usually have mediocre possession stats, but tend to outscore the opposition anyway.

If you compare Draisail's 53.75% to other second line centers I think it compares alright. Kadri for instance had 52.56% goal share away from Mackinnon/Rantanen last year.
Yeah that's his goal spits, and good players often out score their expected.

But Draisaitl with McDavid was xGF% of 57.8%, without he was 47.4%

Kadri was 57.7% xGF% compared to Draisaitl's 50.1% and only played 28 minutes with MacKinnon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2022, 08:48 AM   #1506
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

McDavid with 0 goals, 1 assist and a -1 in a 7-2 win?? The Connor McDavid hattrick?
Old 10-04-2022, 08:52 AM   #1507
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Yeah that's his goal spits, and good players often out score their expected.

But Draisaitl with McDavid was xGF% of 57.8%, without he was 47.4%

Kadri was 57.7% xGF% compared to Draisaitl's 50.1% and only played 28 minutes with MacKinnon.
Kadri's actual was 57% his expected was 52% I think without Rantanen/Mackinnnon.

Last edited by Oil Stain; 10-04-2022 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:54 AM   #1508
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
He also had 22 points in 33 games in the AHL last year. He's easily a 700 goals 1300 point player.

It seems like this trend happens almost every year where the Oilers have a player who tears up the pre-season and the hype begins. At least this time he is their top prospect, not a player who has been in the league for years and done nothing and suddenly is a beast!
Yeah my bad. He's Schremp 2.0.

I must have forgotten about all the offence that Schremp generated on the PK in the 2005 preseason.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:07 AM   #1509
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can they afford to have Halloway on the roster? He is more than the league min and probably will hit his bonuses since he is such a beast. They'll have to carry over cap overage again for next year. Between the beast, Broberg and Bouchard, the triple Bs will probably have over 1M cap carry over because the Oilers are living in LTIR land.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:20 AM   #1510
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah my bad. He's Schremp 2.0.

I must have forgotten about all the offence that Schremp generated on the PK in the 2005 preseason.
dude .. situation doesn't change a thing, it's preseason against B squads and 3rd/4th stringers . should we consider Stone a late bloomer 60 goal superstar dman too?

Flames shut down holloway pretty easily . that wpg squad was minor league quality. Rattie, perlini.. just another preseason in pretender town
Old 10-04-2022, 09:21 AM   #1511
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Kadri's actual was 57% his expected was 52% I think without Rantanen/Mackinnnon.
Why are you taking a winger away from Kadri? I took the other top six center away from Kadri and did the same for Draisaitl.

No one is saying you have to play alone!
Old 10-04-2022, 09:39 AM   #1512
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
In a redraft, Hollows goes first overall for sure! Hell, he's so good he proves could have been drafted a year early and be the first player to qualify for exceptional status for the NHL.
McJesus and saddleboy are probably getting nervous and thinking that they're not going to be the best on their team anymore. Holloway is so good he made Darnell Nurse think....and that's a huge feat on its own! Holloway is so good that the NHL is considering just giving the oilers the cup now and wondering of they shouldn't even play for the president's trophy or just give them that too. Holloway is so good, he's the only player alive they would consider trading Broberg for, and Holland actually tried!!!
I had a whole pump the breaks thing on your first line. You know the angry mashing of a keyboard that I'm so good at. Then I kept reading and went "well done sir . . . well done"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #1513
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Why are you taking a winger away from Kadri? I took the other top six center away from Kadri and did the same for Draisaitl.

Tell that to McAvi!
Old 10-04-2022, 09:49 AM   #1514
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Because Rantanen represents when Kadri was playing in a feature role on the top line vs when he wasn't.

And Rantanen is a star. And the convo is about how a player performs with other star players on their line vs how they do without.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:50 AM   #1515
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because Rantanen represents when Kadri was playing in a feature role on the top line vs when he wasn't.

And Rantanen is a star. And the convo is about how a player performs with other star players on their line vs how they do without.
Yes but is this the Calgary is No Good thread?
Old 10-04-2022, 09:55 AM   #1516
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Yes but is this the Calgary is No Good thread?
Blasphemy. Who would even create such a thread for Canada's team?
Old 10-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #1517
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:

Oh sorry missed that.

I was jumping in on your "away from McDavid" comment. His expected spits are pretty poor not playing on a line with the other center.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:51 AM   #1518
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll always remember how absolutely crushed Holloway's family looked when the oilers picked him. Yes, waived away later as a tape delay from TSN, but I think we all know the truth here... His family feared for their son's career and future sanity!
Old 10-04-2022, 11:03 AM   #1519
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I'll always remember how absolutely crushed Holloway's family looked when the oilers picked him. Yes, waived away later as a tape delay from TSN, but I think we all know the truth here... His family feared for their son's career and future sanity!
[morpheus chair spin] what if I told you there was no tape delay?
Old 10-04-2022, 03:32 PM   #1520
sketchyt
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1577277680810016769
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sketchyt For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
e=ng , edmonton is no good , no good no good , no good no good no good , not f***ing good enough