Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2022, 09:24 AM   #1
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default CSEC Hitmen and Roughnecks Thread

I have been a Hitmen season ticket holder since 2009, this year I saw something I've never seen before. Our renewal information had not come out prior to the start of pre season. We've always had 2 pre season games included as part of our package.

I phoned in early September to find out when I could expect my renewal and was told the next week. That ddn't happen so I phoned again the day before their first preseason gamme and was told that renewal information is still not available but we should be able to get into the 2 games at 7-Chiefs Sportsplex for free.

We finally get our renewals and are told only at this point that they're forcing everyone into the lower bowl to increase fan and player experience and that they'd grandfather our previous pricing for the first year, then after that we'd have to pay lower bowl pricing.

We've decided not to renew, but got the streaming package. If the lower bowl was 1/8th full in their home opener, I'd be surprised. I think they've turned away a lot of fans with their lack of planning and new seating restrictions. I was told that they only had around 600 STH last season and that number will be dropping this season.

I've heard that they did the same with the Roughnecks and that there are unhappy STH there too. Did CSEC bite off more than they can chew bringing the Wranglers on board or do they just not care as much anymore about the fan bases of their lower revenue teams?
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrrlGoalie33 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2022, 09:44 AM   #2
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

CSEC is a #### organization and they truly care about nothing more than money, which I hope they lose a lot of. They have ran the Stampeders into the ground since they bought them in terms of sagging attendance, overpricing cheap seats, and a stale game day experience. Their inflexibility in regards to cashless concessions and paperless tickets at their venues have also pissed a few people off. Why are the upper corner seats at McMahon (which is a dump) $35 not including fees?

This new move in regards to the Hitmen and Roughnecks just solidifies their tone-deaf approach to business. Let's force people to purchase a more expensive ticket and sit in an area they may not prefer just so we can increase "atmosphere". In my opinion, 13000 Roughneck fans scattered all over the dome is a much better atmosphere than 9000 fans filling the lower bowl. It's a cash grab pure and simple. In a world still recovering from covid and a recession, let's do everything we can to alienate and turn away fans rather than trying to bring new ones in. God I hate our ownership group.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Familia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2022, 12:23 AM   #3
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankster View Post
I have been a Hitmen season ticket holder since 2009, this year I saw something I've never seen before. Our renewal information had not come out prior to the start of pre season. We've always had 2 pre season games included as part of our package.

I phoned in early September to find out when I could expect my renewal and was told the next week. That ddn't happen so I phoned again the day before their first preseason gamme and was told that renewal information is still not available but we should be able to get into the 2 games at 7-Chiefs Sportsplex for free.

We finally get our renewals and are told only at this point that they're forcing everyone into the lower bowl to increase fan and player experience and that they'd grandfather our previous pricing for the first year, then after that we'd have to pay lower bowl pricing.

We've decided not to renew, but got the streaming package. If the lower bowl was 1/8th full in their home opener, I'd be surprised. I think they've turned away a lot of fans with their lack of planning and new seating restrictions. I was told that they only had around 600 STH last season and that number will be dropping this season.

I've heard that they did the same with the Roughnecks and that there are unhappy STH there too. Did CSEC bite off more than they can chew bringing the Wranglers on board or do they just not care as much anymore about the fan bases of their lower revenue teams?
I am quite certain they are going to do this with Stampeders season tickets too. We have seats pretty high up in U, which is fine but I got an email a few weeks ago about a "free upgrade" to some "great seats" lower down and closer to the center for a single game. I never replied but I noticed that you can't buy single game tickets for anything above the walkway anymore. First try to incentivize you to move down on your own and if you don't do that just force you down and tarp off the top of the sections. If they are doing that to you I'm certain it'll happen elsewhere in the CSEC ecosphere.