Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #41
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the game is incredibly lagging in places? Specifically when you try to make line changes; it takes a good two or three seconds for the displays to come up, and then after that the button lag when shifting is a bit frustrating.

Winnipeg still has their non-descript jerseys at this point too, any word on when EA is gonna release the first update?
The delay when changing lines really bugs me... it's almost at the point that I don't change lines on the fly at all to avoid it, which is lame.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #42
Hades
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
The delay when changing lines really bugs me... it's almost at the point that I don't change lines on the fly at all to avoid it, which is lame.
Thought that was happening, good to know others have noticed it. Very frustrating too.
Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #43
kobasew19
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I only play HUT and it's very similar to NHL 11. The stupid change lines screen in the bottom of the screen doesn't go away if you change your lines right before the faceoff.

I'm a sucker though and I love every minute of the series. I have since 93
kobasew19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:11 PM   #44
Champion
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Does anybody have any links to any pages where people collectively share their edited player attributes? With the way EA is, it usually takes a full day or two to edit players and rosters to make the game more realistic.
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #45
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Other than the inability to change lines due to delay; I've noticed that during HUT games (offline tournament) you can't change faceoff strategies.

Nothing like 5 on 3 powerplays in the offensive zone with tired players.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #46
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
I've noticed that during HUT games (offline tournament) you can't change faceoff strategies.

Nothing like 5 on 3 powerplays in the offensive zone with tired players.
Have you tried holding LT+RS up, down or right?
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #47
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

brutal how they took out the ability for home team to see what line the away is putting out during the cut scene before the faceoff.

3 steps forward, and 2-3 steps back again.

Man i hope 2k isn't gone for good. EA is really being exposed for a lack of innovation and extreme gaps in quality for the last 2 seasons.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #48
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Regarding the freezing issues, is that on both consoles? I haven't had any freezing on XBOX 360, knock on wood.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #49
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Regarding the freezing issues, is that on both consoles? I haven't had any freezing on XBOX 360, knock on wood.
yes both consoles. On the game web forum, there's a 20 page thread detailing complaints of various scenarious users are suffering from for freezing.

What a flop so far.

for potential buyers of the game, i highly recommend staying away this season.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #50
Lucifer
Scoring Winger

Exp:

By the sounds of it, I'm glad I didn't throw $60 towards this game....

....$60 that I don't have.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #51
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

As someone who finally didn't fall for it again, all I can do is laugh.

Quite the track record this company is developing. I can only speak in a language they can understand, by not giving them a penny for an unacceptable product.

Good luck to those who bought the game...history has shown you will need it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #52
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
As someone who finally didn't fall for it again, all I can do is laugh.

Quite the track record this company is developing. I can only speak in a language they can understand, by not giving them a penny for an unacceptable product.

Good luck to those who bought the game...history has shown you will need it.
I'm not sure it's exactly a failure of a game...just what you'd be expecting from NHL11. The feel is actually quite different and is definitely worth the money if you play BaP on a regular basis. As a player who loves to play pylon in front of the net, the jostling for position and the goalie interaction is amazing...combine it with the skip to shift button and it actually feels like a game as oppose to a tacked on feature...and regular games don't end up being "crank shots from the point" anymore (as my last few BaGM series have turned into). I really haven't noticed any freezing errors and don't play online, so I can't speak to the annoyance of them, but this actually feels like a game different than NHL10.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:38 PM   #53
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

No freezing for me yet on ps3. Definitely worth the $60 just for the BaP improvements, the new hitting physics, and some AI players that actually do more than stand and stare at their skates.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #54
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Froze on me for the first time tonight playing Be A Pro on PS3. Puck was shot by a CPU, the camera panned a little bit and the game froze up.
likwid888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #55
Yee88
Draft Pick

I'm getting a really frustrating freezing problem on PS3. I've made it to the Memorial Cup on my Be a Pro and no matter what I do it will not make it past the first game of the tournament without freezing. I've tried cleaning out the disc slot, making sure my disc was clean... even if I try to sim the game or play it through, it freezes every time. I don't know if it is the disc's problem or a general software issue. Either way, a pretty big bummer.
Yee88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #56
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does the 9 game rule apply in this game for junior players in the be a gm mode?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #57
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I'm not sure it's exactly a failure of a game...just what you'd be expecting from NHL11. The feel is actually quite different and is definitely worth the money if you play BaP on a regular basis. As a player who loves to play pylon in front of the net, the jostling for position and the goalie interaction is amazing...combine it with the skip to shift button and it actually feels like a game as oppose to a tacked on feature...and regular games don't end up being "crank shots from the point" anymore (as my last few BaGM series have turned into). I really haven't noticed any freezing errors and don't play online, so I can't speak to the annoyance of them, but this actually feels like a game different than NHL10.
I was mostly speaking about the lack of quality assurance. Freezing has been prevalent for years. I distinctly remember 2 years in a row where there was a "Disc Read Error". Last year Be A GM was glitched to the point where a fundamental feature, player growth, was all but useless as it capped XP at 1500 points. That latter error wasn't fixed until the end of November of this past year. I paid full price for a broken game, and had to use that broken game for over 2 months. Now, not every game is going to come off the production line in perfect order...especially when your production cycle is about 12 months. The issue lies in the fact the support for said game is so poor.

The offline modes are stale and recycled. It's good that Be A Pro got a little love, but how innovative and revolutionary is proper ice time and the Action Tracker...which was adapted from another franchise? And why, if the AT is adapted, not the in depth Be A Pro features from a franchise like Madden?

I would hope it feels different from NHL 10. It should feel different than NHL 11...or at the very least, more engaging.

Past and current mistakes, and their constant inability to address them, have cost them a loyal customer of 18 years. I might be the only one right now, but if someone with the kind of passion for the game of hockey and love of playing it on any level can become a discouraged consumer, I'm sure more will follow.

I still, perhaps foolishly, hold out hope for the next installment. If they fix the flaws with haste and to a satisfactory manner this year, that would be an excellent first step.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #58
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Over the course of the year I probably put about 200+ hours into an NHL game, so I may not agree with the product (lacking innovation badly), but I get my value from it and at least it is only $60 this year and not $70 like last year.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #59
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Over the course of the year I probably put about 200+ hours into an NHL game, so I may not agree with the product (lacking innovation badly), but I get my value from it and at least it is only $60 this year and not $70 like last year.
this is exactly why we must pray the 2k franchise comes back.

competition will force ea to put some effort in. the amount of innovation and quality in the game has drastically reduced since 2k stopped making the nhl game.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #60
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think it was $60 well spent. The AI is getting smarter and better at anticipating plays. The interaction in the front of the net is awesome and I have a real soft spot for the Winter Classic. The lighting makes everything look so much nicer. I also dig the replay upgrade. You get slow motion noises now!

Funnily enough my biggest complaint is that they didn't add one new thing to create a team. Creating teams, designing jerseys and bringing back older jersey designs is one of my favorite things to do. Some new team logos would of been nice at the very least. Still seeing the brutal generic NHL09 logos drives me nuts. I mean even NHL11(10?) brought in nice new generic logos which actually didn't suck.

Also the lack of Jets jerseys is understandable, but disappointing. I expect to see them when Florida's away jerseys are unveiled.

The lack of Flames HC jerseys is unacceptable
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports , nhl , video game