Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #21
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagoPucks View Post
Is anyone else having issue with the ea sports server? All day yesterday, I was lagging with a connection that I have had no issues with in the past. Also today, I had trouble connecting to the server. Is this just me?
My friend and I were having problems yesterday. I got disconnected from XBox Live for about 15 minutes too for some reason.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #22
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anybody preorder from Best Buy and get their goalie boost pack?

Quick internet search shows that it is supposed to be emailed to you but I haven't received my code yet.
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagoPucks View Post
Is anyone else having issue with the ea sports server? All day yesterday, I was lagging with a connection that I have had no issues with in the past. Also today, I had trouble connecting to the server. Is this just me?
Aaaah, somethings never change with the EA NHL servers. Has anyone played online yet? How is the gameplay? Last year I found the skaters to be incredibly slow in not only skating, but passing and reacting to commands. Is it the same?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #24
BagoPucks
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Aaaah, somethings never change with the EA NHL servers. Has anyone played online yet? How is the gameplay? Last year I found the skaters to be incredibly slow in not only skating, but passing and reacting to commands. Is it the same?
No I dont think you should draw conclusions from what I am saying here because I was playing with a few of the fatas on PS3 and holy hell I had terrible lag and was going offside and stuff everyone was loling at me. So i think the servers were having problems today but the lag might be our ISP.
BagoPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #25
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

WTF.

i am trying the season mode, but am now basically STUCK. the game freezes everytime i try to sim to the first game in November (ie. i can't sim past Oct 29th), the game just freezes and requires a restart.

what am i supposed to do now?!? Quality assurance is quite the joke at EA.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #26
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Anybody preorder from Best Buy and get their goalie boost pack?

Quick internet search shows that it is supposed to be emailed to you but I haven't received my code yet.
Mine came on a card that was handed to me when I picked it up at Future shop. Best Buy would be the same.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #27
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I feel bad, I just had a fight against a girl and I beat her to a pulp. Then again, I was a Canuck so it makes sense that the one time I'd fight, it'd be against a women.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3 Justin 3 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #28
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I feel bad, I just had a fight against a girl and I beat her to a pulp. Then again, I was a Canuck so it makes sense that the one time I'd fight, it'd be against a women.
She try to pull your hair or bite you? If so...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 AM   #29
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Some of the ratings blow my mind in this game

Tavares, Duchene, Eric Johnson at 87
Tyler Myers at 85
Couture, Skinner, Grabner, Ennis at 83-84
Hall, Seguin, Eberle, Paajarvii, Backlund at 81-82

Definitely some guys in that group rated way too high and way too low compared to each other

Byfuglien at 87 cracks me up. He was at 84 last year, which makes sense as it was his first year back playing defense, but now heading into his second year back at D with an 87 when the season has yet to start is odd

Alfredsson at 84. Granted, he had a very off season with injuries last year, but Pronger had an even more rough season and he's still a 90

Last edited by doctajones428; 09-15-2011 at 12:22 AM.
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 AM   #30
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

The rating system has to do with you position i believe, like how last year reggie was an 88 because he had huge checking, def aware, etc as a DFD

While I agree that there are a lot of crazy ratings, the overall is not as accurate as just clicking in and looking at the complete ratings individually.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TSXCman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2011, 01:42 AM   #31
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Be a GM mode is a little suspect... the trades you can make are still absurd. Traded Penner, 1st for Malkin. Traded Williams, 1st + 2nd for Stamko's. Crazy
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #32
doctajones428
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
The rating system has to do with you position i believe, like how last year reggie was an 88 because he had huge checking, def aware, etc as a DFD

While I agree that there are a lot of crazy ratings, the overall is not as accurate as just clicking in and looking at the complete ratings individually.
I agree. After I made that post I was looking into actual numbers on some players and it's a bit more realistic. I keep forgetting it's an average over around 20 different statistics, so it tends to skew the overall ranking. Though even with that said some of those rankings are surprising at first glance
doctajones428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #33
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

For other people like me who skipped NHL11 and have no idea how to win faceoffs in NHL12:

(It's a vid for NHL11, but it still applies as far as I've seen)
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #34
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
Be a GM mode is a little suspect... the trades you can make are still absurd. Traded Penner, 1st for Malkin. Traded Williams, 1st + 2nd for Stamko's. Crazy
One of the changes is that they've increased the value teams see in 1st round picks.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #35
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't have the game but from what I understand the freezing is pretty rampant.

Nice work EA. All you have to do now is blame the console or give gamers the run around by asking them to clear their cache.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:31 AM   #36
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post

Nice work EA. All you have to do now is blame the console or give gamers the run around by asking them to clear their cache.
I haven't froze yet, but I've heard it's bad. When you finish a OTP or EASHL game though, it usually freezes for about 4-8 seconds before it tells you your Position, Team Play and Stats statistics. Which is really annoying because it seems like you're going to freeze and the issues were never there in any of the previous NHL games.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #37
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

On ps3, navagating between certain menus is painfully slow.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #38
HockeyPuck
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I picked up the game yesterday, and I had huge issues trying to connect to EA servers. Even at 1 in the morning, I still could not connect. So annoying.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #39
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post

Probably tempting fate here, but I had read about that and I have yet to freeze. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #40
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone else noticed that the game is incredibly lagging in places? Specifically when you try to make line changes; it takes a good two or three seconds for the displays to come up, and then after that the button lag when shifting is a bit frustrating.

Winnipeg still has their non-descript jerseys at this point too, any word on when EA is gonna release the first update?

Tags
ea sports , nhl , video game