Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck's Connected GM League > Archives
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #921
jedaco
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I had to sim against Koop last advance.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #922
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

All my injuries have come during simming at the end of the week, but I just figure that's the way it is, I'm not going to freak out about it.

I certainly don't have a problem with games going to sim, I understand that people have lives and can't play every one of their games.

I haven't had a problem with anybody so far, any time i've sent a message the GM will reply to set up a time, or tell me that it looks like they wont be able to play the game.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #923
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Is anybody else worried that if hockey does indeed return anytime soon that they just won't have enough time for this league? We're already seeing a bit of a drop-off (totally expected), but for season ticket holders or people who watch religiously, they might lose 2-3 nights of primetime availability each week.

Last edited by Russic; 10-16-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #924
Dime_On_Flames
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Is anybody else worried that if hockey does indeed return anytime soon that they just won't have enough time for this league? We're already seeing a bit of a drop-off (totally expected), but for season ticket holders or people who watch religiously, they might lose 2-3 nights of primetime availability.
My sentiments exactly!!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #925
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Is anybody else worried that if hockey does indeed return anytime soon that they just won't have enough time for this league? We're already seeing a bit of a drop-off (totally expected), but for season ticket holders or people who watch religiously, they might lose 2-3 nights of primetime availability each week.
Nope, have the game streaming right beside.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #926
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, with the time difference, my wife wanting to watch shows with me and the NHL likely starting, it's going to make things tough.

My tentative plan is to play my games before the Flames play on game nights when they are west, and after games when they are east.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #927
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Nope, have the game streaming right beside.
I wonder what that might do to your bandwidth?
Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #928
jedaco
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Can we get an updated list of GMs?
Old 10-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #929
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone been able to get a hold of koop? If not, I'll have to remove him tomorrow.

Also if you have any friends interested in joining, let me know.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #930
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Okay, pretty sure Buffalo is just trying to have our game simmed. I have PM'd, text+'d and mentioned on here when I can play and no response. He originally had his team set to play the CPU but signed on late wednesday night or early Thursday morning and changed it so that I can't. As per the courtesy that most are giving, I did not play his CPU the first night, though I now wish that I would have. This is one of the guys who said he wants to only sim, and nobody has mentioned if he plays or not.

Minnesota, still need to play you, we tried on Tuesday, but our schedules didn't mesh, I text plus'd you last night and got no response. I am available for a couple hours this afternoon, from 1:00 - 3:00MT or later when I get home (likely after a pile of beer at the Knights game), but obviously I would prefer the afternoon if at all possible.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #931
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

When I chatted with buffalo a few cycles back he welcomed me to play his CPU. Brutal deal zukes.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:32 AM   #932
bspec
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Hey Zukes, I know it's a lame, cliche excuse but I've been busy as of late because of the start of a new job. I haven't been able to play much NHL 13 and all I've had time for are some trade talks and such. Not avoiding playing you, but I disabled my CPU because some of us are still experiencing problems with the CPU making changes to our rosters without us knowing. I'd prefer that not to happen at cost of having to sim games. If you want to let me know when you're free to play I can enable my CPU for you to play. I'm pretty busy this weekend, but maybe we can arrange a good time.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #933
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspec View Post
Hey Zukes, I know it's a lame, cliche excuse but I've been busy as of late because of the start of a new job. I haven't been able to play much NHL 13 and all I've had time for are some trade talks and such. Not avoiding playing you, but I disabled my CPU because some of us are still experiencing problems with the CPU making changes to our rosters without us knowing. I'd prefer that not to happen at cost of having to sim games. If you want to let me know when you're free to play I can enable my CPU for you to play. I'm pretty busy this weekend, but maybe we can arrange a good time.
Very generous of you since the advance is this morning.

If you are able to get on in the next hour we could play, but seeing the time that you posted this, I doubt that will happen.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #934
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Can we confirm enabling CPU messes with your team when your roster # and cap are in order?
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #935
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspec View Post
If your team is not in order cap/roster space wise, I don't think siming is going to make a difference in how they react, because the CPU will still tweak with your lineup for each individual game. I believe the only way you're gonna avoid having CPU do something unintentional is play the game until your problem is fixed.

Unless it can be proven otherwise, it's not fair to Zukes that you're preventing him from playing your team under any circumstance.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #936
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

getting close to trade deadline, anybody know when exactly it will be?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #937
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Oh snap. Trade deadline...
Closed Thread

Tags
connected gm , ea sports , nhl , ps3