Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #21
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I'd say there's something wrong with your battery. From what you've described about what you're looking for in a phone, I can't imagine you're sitting around surfing the net and watching videos on your iPhone all day long. You should be getting better battery life than I am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
No, there is definitely something wrong with the battery, or at least there is something that is draining it (some kind of short or whatever). I had it in at the apple store and its past warranty by about 100 days, so I'm on my own.
Just a question, did you have something set like bluetooth or something? The more things you have on, the more your battary will drain. For longer battary life, turn off as many things as possible. A lot of apps/processes also drain your battery too.

If the phone is working fine now, doesn't sound like its the PMU or the physical battary.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #22
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
Just a question, did you have something set like bluetooth or something? The more things you have on, the more your battary will drain. For longer battary life, turn off as many things as possible. A lot of apps/processes also drain your battery too.

If the phone is working fine now, doesn't sound like its the PMU or the physical battary.
I have a bluetooth headset but I've had that for as long as I've had the phone. The phone itself was really hot and the battery was just draining. For example I had about 23% walking into the apple store, did the diagnostic session and left with a dead battery. That kind of draining means that you are basically without a cell phone!

Anyway, I did nothing and it seems to be fixed. I'll be keeping an eye on it and see if anything changes all of a sudden, but otherwise I don't have to buy a new phone!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:39 AM   #23
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
In relation to the battery, does the battery last longer on the 4?
Yes. Probably 3 times as good as the battery life on the 3g, at least in the way I use it.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote