Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #41
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Whoever was arguing that = owned.
Haven't not owned a game system since a Nintendo64 I think I still feel okay about myself after getting "owend" in this thread.

The Wii is alot of fun though, but I think the newst GTA will make me get a 360, that looks amazing. I'm suprised how Mario is still fun though, having played New Super Mario Bros on the DS, it's amazing how simple and fun that game is.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 AM   #42
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

I own a 360, but I've played a Wii several times (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Excite Truck, and Warioware). For me, anyway, there's just no compelling reason to get a Wii, and I've been less than impressed whenever I've played it. Sure, Wii Sports is a neat game the first time you try it, but after the novelty of the motion-sensing controller wears off, you realize just how simple it is. I've had more fun playing Virtua Tennis and Top Spin with conventional controllers than I've had playing Wii Sports Tennis with the Wiimote.

Even my wife, who I thought would love the Wii, got bored with it quickly. You can't argue with success, though, and Nintendo has been supremely successful with the Wii, so I guess we're in the minority.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:42 PM   #43
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sales wise Wii 'pwns' every other platform, no denying that.

Personally, I would take Mario Galaxy over every game in the 360's line up, but that's just me. Add on Smash Bros. in February and it's no contest.
see, that's the thing. i'm thinking that rock band will be the game over all other games that i own or want to own...more so than gh2 or 3 or any other game. but then again, i'm a huge burnout fan and i am disappointed with the new demo so who is to say what will be a person's fave at any given point in time?

i think that the 360 has more purchases of games per unit actually...and that's not surprising given time on the market.

to each his own though for sure...because i love the FPS on the 360, and the online play. at times i feel that the wii just cut some corners.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #44
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
i think that the 360 has more purchases of games per unit actually...and that's not surprising given time on the market.
This is true. Nintendo is selling more consoles overall, but Microsoft has a much higher games sold per console sold ratio. A very significant portion of Wii owners are only playing Wii Sports and Wii Play (which they only purchased because it included a controller).
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #45
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
This is true. Nintendo is selling more consoles overall, but Microsoft has a much higher games sold per console sold ratio. A very significant portion of Wii owners are only playing Wii Sports and Wii Play (which they only purchased because it included a controller).
I'm not buying that argument anymore... Wii controllers are now readily available seperately, yet Wii Play still managed to sell over 500,000 copies last month.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 AM   #46
Hakan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I'm not buying that argument anymore... Wii controllers are now readily available seperately, yet Wii Play still managed to sell over 500,000 copies last month.
There's really no other reason.

WiiPlay flat out sucks. I wish I didn't buy it and saved the extra 20 bucks by just buying a regular controller.
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #47
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Must admit i was on the Wii looks ######ed list. After playing my friends some... I'm "getting" one for Christmas
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #48
JayP
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
This is true. Nintendo is selling more consoles overall, but Microsoft has a much higher games sold per console sold ratio.
Of course it does. It's been out for twice as long as the Wii (and PS3). More time owning a system means more games bought for the system.

It would be an outright joke if it didn't have more games sold per console.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #49
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Of course it does. It's been out for twice as long as the Wii (and PS3). More time owning a system means more games bought for the system.

It would be an outright joke if it didn't have more games sold per console.
Not only that, but to release a system that had a 30% failure rate is ridiculous. I know 4 people who own an xbox360 and all 4 have had to send them in. My cousin had to send his in 3 times!
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote