Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2023, 05:22 PM   #1
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Wranglers Playoff Ticket Question

I have Wranglers seasons and just got the offer for the playoffs. It says $1260 for my 4 seats, with no indication that I can find how many games that's over. I get you don't have to pay until the games are finalized, but I'd like to know the price per game before I decide whether to go forward with it or not. I'm going to be out of town for at least some of them... Anyone know the price per game?
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:14 PM   #2
Fleury2005
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Same boat - I can't find anything except the total price for the playoffs. Love to know how many games and the price per round. Has anyone asked their rep?
Fleury2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:32 AM   #3
jatylo
Draft Pick

Don't take my word for it but I am guessing it is the entire playoffs
I did the pay as you go option and it broke it down to 12 payments
Which adds up if the wranglers skip the play in series
Round 1 and 2 best of 5 series (max 6 home games)
Round 3-4 best of 7 (max of 8 home games)
Then first 2 playoff games free as a sth perk
jatylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 08:22 AM   #4
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatylo View Post
Don't take my word for it but I am guessing it is the entire playoffs
I did the pay as you go option and it broke it down to 12 payments
Which adds up if the wranglers skip the play in series
Round 1 and 2 best of 5 series (max 6 home games)
Round 3-4 best of 7 (max of 8 home games)
Then first 2 playoff games free as a sth perk

That’s the way I calculated it as well. Works out to about $20/game/seat, if you account for the first two playoff games as not being free.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 03:28 PM   #5
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Just spoke to a rep and they said pricing was based on 15 games and that it wasn't clear if they would get a bye in the first round or not. He also confirmed that the pricing is the same for every round should they progress, unlike for the Flames.

In any case, I think $20 a seat is about right to budget for.

Also, he said a decision hasn't been made yet about what the Flames season ticket holder discount would be next year but indicated it probably won't be as generous (no surprise really).
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blankcanvas For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2023, 03:49 PM   #6
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankcanvas View Post
Just spoke to a rep and they said pricing was based on 15 games and that it wasn't clear if they would get a bye in the first round or not. He also confirmed that the pricing is the same for every round should they progress, unlike for the Flames.

In any case, I think $20 a seat is about right to budget for.

Also, he said a decision hasn't been made yet about what the Flames season ticket holder discount would be next year but indicated it probably won't be as generous (no surprise really).
This will be a tricky one. I only bought them because they were so affordable. I think we used 5 games so the value proposition really didnt end up paying off for us. Regardless they pocketed the cash as a result. If they get stingy for some reason this could backfire I would think.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2023, 04:12 PM   #7
jatylo
Draft Pick

Same I mostly got them since it would break even if I just purchased the games that I was interested in vs sth cost. I think I ended up only missing 5 games so I definitely got my money's worth.

I don't think I would renew next year if it is a significant increase since it is easy to get burnt out going to 80% of all of the flames and wranglers games.
jatylo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jatylo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2023, 12:32 AM   #8
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I didn’t miss a game all season, but whoever bought the 4 tickets to my left missed EVERY game, and the two people to my right only showed up to 3. I think if they ran the data they would see less than 50% of Flames STH tickets were used. The people around me who showed up the most frequently were all Wrangler STH and not Flames.

I’m fully anticipating a substantial price hike, but they need to tread carefully, an empty seat can’t buy beer and nachos. I’d be willing to pay $15 a ticket on top of my flames seats, but not much more than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2023, 10:02 AM   #9
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM View Post
I didn’t miss a game all season, but whoever bought the 4 tickets to my left missed EVERY game, and the two people to my right only showed up to 3. I think if they ran the data they would see less than 50% of Flames STH tickets were used. The people around me who showed up the most frequently were all Wrangler STH and not Flames.

I’m fully anticipating a substantial price hike, but they need to tread carefully, an empty seat can’t buy beer and nachos. I’d be willing to pay $15 a ticket on top of my flames seats, but not much more than that.

I only ended up making 3 or 4 games all season. About half I sold on here at $10/ticket, and gave the rest away. The people I sold/gave them to all seemed to enjoy it, and we definitely did as well. But even at $15/ticket I'm just buying single game tickets. I suspect considering parking and food/beverage they still came out ahead vs selling less single game tickets, but it'll be interesting to see how they value that and what they decide to do for renewals.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 12:30 PM   #10
MrSector9
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Signed up for the Pay as Play, but I can honestly say this being my first year being a STH, their customer service honestly has to be the worst thing ever, so this does not surprise me.

I got no information regarding anything, multiple inquiries for information, still to not get anything, even the AHL account did not work correct until January.

As for the STH not showing up, it is great in ways since my row was mostly empty for a lot of the games, it made it annoying for trying to exchange any vouchers as all the seats were taken.
MrSector9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 02:34 PM   #11
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

The other disappointing thing was not being able to resell your tickets on Ticketmaster like you can do with Flames games. Add that to a price increase for next season, and I would likely be out as well.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 12:16 PM   #12
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm in the same boat, any price increase for me and it doesn't make sense to keep my 4 seats.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:36 AM   #13
merlin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I wonder if you miss a game will the tickets become available for another game. I used this a lot this year, I was able to bring an entire kids hockey team and the parents to a game.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 11:47 AM   #14
MrSector9
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post
I wonder if you miss a game will the tickets become available for another game. I used this a lot this year, I was able to bring an entire kids hockey team and the parents to a game.
I can only speak for mine, but any games I missed, I got vouchers in "My Wranglers Account" to trade for regular season games, I still have a bunch (13 tickets or so) since I did not know where to look until the end of the season pretty much :/

Last edited by MrSector9; 04-11-2023 at 11:54 AM.
MrSector9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:20 PM   #15
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin View Post

Doubt it, I imagine the playoff tickets will expire after each game.

From my conversation with the sales rep, it sounds like these will be handled like the flames playoff tickets

Old 04-15-2023, 12:08 PM   #16
LowellK21
Draft Pick

Question - if I purchase 4 seats for the entire playoffs (2 adults at $624.75 each, 2 kids at $446.25 each), what happens if the kids can't make it? Is there any way to "upgrade" for other adults to attend? Do the ushers even check that?

I guess I could/should phone customer service, lol
LowellK21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 12:16 PM   #17
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I have heard 2nd hand that they don't actually check if it's a kids ticket. However I have never tested that myself.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 01:24 PM   #18
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Wranglers Playoff Ticket Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I have heard 2nd hand that they don't actually check if it's a kids ticket. However I have never tested that myself.

If you’re an iPhone user, I know when A Childs ticket is added to the Apple Wallet it doesn’t display any evidence of being a child’s ticket.

Last edited by FlamesFanStrandedInEDM; 04-15-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2023, 07:00 PM   #19
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellK21 View Post
Question - if I purchase 4 seats for the entire playoffs (2 adults at $624.75 each, 2 kids at $446.25 each), what happens if the kids can't make it? Is there any way to "upgrade" for other adults to attend? Do the ushers even check that?

I guess I could/should phone customer service, lol

I asked before I got my season tickets. They said as long as the intention is for a child to use the tickets and they do for the majority of games, then it’s okay. Sounded kinda like an ‘honesty’ thing as at that point I think they were just happy to sell the seats. My child ticket was used a few times by an adult through the season and nobody ever questioned it. They also mentioned it is the same for Hitmen season tickets too.
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 07:57 AM   #20
LowellK21
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankcanvas View Post
I asked before I got my season tickets. They said as long as the intention is for a child to use the tickets and they do for the majority of games, then it’s okay. Sounded kinda like an ‘honesty’ thing as at that point I think they were just happy to sell the seats. My child ticket was used a few times by an adult through the season and nobody ever questioned it. They also mentioned it is the same for Hitmen season tickets too.
Great, thanks!
LowellK21 is offline   Reply With Quote