Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2022, 06:32 PM   #5321
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

They're also still playing too.
Not much different than hockey players during the playoffs. They don't give you much; there's plenty of time for interviews when the tournament is over.
Let the guy focus on representing his country FFS, not talking to some butthead.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:10 PM   #5322
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
Herdman isn’t going anywhere before 2026. He’s deeply competitive hasn’t completed his goals for the program. He’s 4 years ahead of schedule from the fans’ perspective. that’s all
Well said by Herdman.

"You'll not find some one as passionate as me about these players and the staff...you'll not find someone as passionate as me to grow this country"

He's right and he's the reason they are here...the "You'll not find" part is a direct message to the CSA.

Pay this man what he wants and give him some quality resources, not just the bare minimum as he has had to make due with on the MNT and WNT. I am extremely skeptical the CSA/B will, however.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2022, 07:11 PM   #5323
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Prediction for tomorrow:

Morocco 3 Canada 0

A very disappointing Canadian team with nothing to play for. Morocco will need to win, not tie, if Belgium are ahead of Croatia. Hard to see them messing up when they've been one of the most impressive teams in the tournament so far.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:36 PM   #5324
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So advice from anyone who's been to the ship. I was able to squeeze in with the last bars seats for the first game by showing up at 9:30am. Tomorrow's game being early and friggin' cold out I can't decide how early to show up.

Anyone have a beat guess time? I know they open at 7:30 and assume I need to be earlier than that.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:41 PM   #5325
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobasew19 View Post
What if a Championship club or even an EPL club comes calling?
He wishes. Herdman probably thought he could parlay his CANMT success to line up some good job offers, but he lost the plot in the Croatia game. He is probably "stuck" with Canada until the next World Cup....
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 06:44 AM   #5326
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuryisgod View Post
So advice from anyone who's been to the ship. I was able to squeeze in with the last bars seats for the first game by showing up at 9:30am. Tomorrow's game being early and friggin' cold out I can't decide how early to show up.

Anyone have a beat guess time? I know they open at 7:30 and assume I need to be earlier than that.
Probably a little late for me to be giving advice but I would think the combination of the cold weather and Canada being eliminated means you'll be able to get in when doors open.

Everyone who arrived early for the Belgium game last week was able to get in when the doors opened.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:30 AM   #5327
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

And it's official 5 year deal at Celtic. Don't know the fee but it's been reported in the $3-3.5 million USD range. Hopefully not the last Canadian to make a big move this transfer window.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1599040181486624769

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2022, 11:25 AM   #5328
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Joel Waterman European transfer rumours now. Hook it to my veins!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1599072649019523072

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2022, 10:50 AM   #5329
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Koné to Watford looks like is happening!

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/s...ir5t9BTm5qG5GQ
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #5330
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Montreal just raking in transfer money this offseason. Mihailovic, Johnston, Kone, possibly Waterman and Miller as well.

Old 12-04-2022, 11:22 AM   #5331
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I love seeing these guys getting better opportunities in European clubs. This is only a good thing for Canadian soccer. Higher profile exposure can dramatically scale these guys careers. We need that for 2026. Can't wait to see more.

Also, I'm hoping CPL can snag a guy like James Pantemis or Tosaint Ricketts for a season. Would be good to continue having CMNT-linked players for our domestic competition, both veterans and rookies alike. Talba, Carducci and Didic have also already had a small cup of tea.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #5332
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Montreal just raking in transfer money this offseason. Mihailovic, Johnston, Kone, possibly Waterman and Miller as well.
Will be interesting if they reinvest in their squad or just pocket the cash. Also, with Nancy leaving, it could be a big step backward in 2023.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 06:28 PM   #5333
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

If there are any new fans of the CMNT here and are wondering how Canada can improve for the future, here are some things you can do to help:

1. Go to some matches for your local CPL/Div 3. team Every butt in the seats helps the club remain viable in the future. These teams provide playing opportunities for Canadians to move up the professional ranks.

2. Get Fubo or One soccer to watch Canadian games/CPL games. That money/views helps the program.

3. Have some knowledge of the game and some free time? Consider coaching some kids. Lots of kids out there never get decent coaching. Even if you don't mentor a future professional, you can at least help build the culture and get some kids hooked on the game.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 08:28 AM   #5334
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

The article is in Turkish, but Joel Waterman maybe to Fenerbahçe S.K. of the Turkish League?

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/fenerbahc...stoper-2312336
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:37 AM   #5335
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kone to Watford is official. 4.5 year deal. What a 2022 he had...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1599829707070967809

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2022, 12:12 PM   #5336
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

That is a fantastic move for Kone. Great for Canada...he's going to be important for us moving forward.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:38 PM   #5337
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
If there are any new fans of the CMNT here and are wondering how Canada can improve for the future, here are some things you can do to help:

1. Go to some matches for your local CPL/Div 3. team Every butt in the seats helps the club remain viable in the future. These teams provide playing opportunities for Canadians to move up the professional ranks.

2. Get Fubo or One soccer to watch Canadian games/CPL games. That money/views helps the program.

3. Have some knowledge of the game and some free time? Consider coaching some kids. Lots of kids out there never get decent coaching. Even if you don't mentor a future professional, you can at least help build the culture and get some kids hooked on the game.
To add to point 3, clubs are always looking for coaches that are not parents. Also if you enjoy it, look to get certified. The entry level courses are generally free and the entry license stream costs a few hundred but most clubs will reimburse you for the cost once passed.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 11:57 PM   #5338
Trojan97
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's a few tweets floating around twitter that have Tajon linked to Napoli. That would be something.
Trojan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trojan97 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 02:14 PM   #5339
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Decent...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1600561564804792320

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 03:32 PM   #5340
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd be fine with it if, as rumoured, Copa America became the permanent, predominant tournament for all of the Americas. I could see it becoming a major event in North America, and the increased commercial opportunities could benefit North and South Americans. Maybe this will serve as a bit of a pilot.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote