Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2022, 01:54 PM   #81
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'd say good luck, and call back often. It usually takes 3 or 4 tries before any billing change "sticks". Sometimes it will take a year or more. Ask for names and contact info of who you deal with for the next step.

I've once had to resort to contacting the executive level, which of course resolved it rapidly with apologies. Here is where you name drop and list the previous dates of contacting them and names, so they know you've made an effort.

https://www.telus.com/en/about/leadership-team

Jim Senko I think would work for you.

The email address format is [first name].[last name]@telus.com

You can also contact the CRTC.

Final step is to get rid of Telus and never send a dime there way again.

Definitely have the final step all planned out. Just trying to figure out the steps to get there has been the challenge!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:42 PM   #82
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Waiting for final statement but things may have been sorted out. My mom was too impatient and went down to the Telus store. They confirmed that her recent bill was reversed. So she had to call Telus support to cancel her phone, which they did and also confirmed that she owes nothing more. So hopefully this works out. She's supposed to get one more statement and if it is indeed closed then she's moving her land line to a different provider too.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2023, 05:37 PM   #83
Faust
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Telus slashing 6,000 jobs amid drop in 2nd quarter profits:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/tel...offs-1.6927701
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 05:47 PM   #84
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, pretty soon this thread isnt going to have anyone left in it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:50 PM   #85
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just "upgraded" from Shaw to Telus on what seemed like a pretty sweet deal, from 150mbps to fibre giganet (~940mbps) due to my recent move to Koodo. $75/month for gigabit fibre. Yet I am disappointed in the speed, both DL and UL. Myself nor the tech guys could get anywhere close to those high listed speeds on DL or UL. I mean sure, it's faster than the 150 I had prior, but 250-400 is nowhere close to 1000. We tried multiple devices, around both the booster and main modem, with my extender, multiple speed test sites, etc. The closest we got was fast.com actually hitting over 1GB once, but never able to replicate that speed again or on any other site.

I made the guys stick around until they got on a call with support who said they removed some error from my modem and it should hit much higher speeds once the device "settles in". Hopefully that is true...

Anyone else have any issues with Telus gigabit fibre recently?
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:55 PM   #86
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's come to my understanding that now if you have to have a tech to your home for any reason it's an automatic $150 non-negotiable charge. It's only reversed if the technician goes on sites and confirms its a telus issue.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 10:22 AM   #87
jerichozo
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Our internet keeps dropping out it's so frustrating
jerichozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:31 PM   #88
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have a lot of friends that work at the company; management and union friends who still work there. The company is offering more packages and want to reduce the workforce by another 10% in canada.

As it stands now if you call in your 80% likely to get somebody overseas. It sounds like that's going to go to 100%. Everyday customer interactions will be completely offshore. I have a lot of thoughts about this I think it's incredibly sad. I knew it was coming, which is why I took the package so that I could go out on my own terms and start working on a new career. But there's something deeply Insidious about what's happening in the industry. This is a company that only exists as we know it now because of the largesse of the Alberta and British Columbia taxpayer. This was a crown Corporation that built up enormous cash reserves and client base based on being a crown Corporation with a built-in monopoly. The amount of money that this company made from its copper Services which you and I paid for is unimaginable.

And now pretty soon there will be a matter of a few hundred Canadian onshore workers for this telecommunications company. All those good-paying jobs overseas for a fraction of the price and taxes being paid to other governments. It's pretty wild stuff and fairly indicative of a lot of work going overseas and offshore. But again, because this was a crown Corporation and it's a utility there's something especially ####ty about this. And to anyone who thinks that your bill is going to go down because Telus will pay somebody and the Philippines or Guatemala or India a fraction of the rate you should know that Telus has been busily offshoring for the past 15 years and those savings has been given to the executives and the biggest shareholders. The crtc is a completely Toothless and worthless organization that is standing by and watching, and doing nothing.

Darren Entwistle and the entire board are a bunch of soulless vampires who are blight on our country.

Last edited by White Out 403; 02-22-2024 at 04:12 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote