Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2023, 07:34 AM   #3761
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Tiktok is still a thing? I thought after it was exposed as a Chinese disinformation app that its days were over?
Greatest personal data collection and foreign interest controlling scam of all time.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 08:41 AM   #3762
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
#### you Justin Trudeau and your gutless Liberal government.

Nothing to say about the murder in cold blood by Hamas of Canadian Vivian Silver other than a vanilla tweet by Minister Jolie who “made it sound as though Silver died peacefully in her sleep rather than being brutalized and desecrated to the point where she was literally unrecognizable. This was not simply a “loss,” this was a woman who was slaughtered for no other reason than that she was Jewish.” (National Post)

And no demands for the safe and immediate return of the hostages. But stern demands that Israel cease operations in Gaza. #### you Trudeau. #### you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Uh huh.

The “nothing” Trudeau had to say about Silver:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/global...sing-1.6645198

The “no” demands for the immediate and safe return of hostages:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7028376
Quote:
It took mere weeks for the October 7 Hamas atrocities to be whitewashed. Trudeau is a disgrace.
No, no, no. You don't get to pretend your little right-wing disinformation media outlets didn't trick you. Pepsi debunked your rant. Own it and acknowledge it or GTFO.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 09:39 AM   #3763
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Bin Ladins letter to America is trending on tiktok. Progressives praising it and him. I wish I could say I was shocked.
Well if it's on TikTok, it must be true and representative of a large enough segment of progressives that the only conclusion is a massive generalization.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 09:46 AM   #3764
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
The bolded is just wild projection, right? I can only assume it’s in response to feeling embarrassed that you got caught up reacting to a parody post (which is understandable), calling it “as bad as Pointman’s” while completely ignoring the post-in-earnest it was pulled from (which is… not great).

Like, to go from “no no guys, I criticized Pointman too!” to “actually everyone else who criticized him is the problem” is a bit of a joke.

The rest seems like a lot of hand-waiving to distract and avoid acknowledging the wild double-standard between what is acceptable when talking about Palestinian victims vs Israeli victims. You don’t react like this when posters like Azure call Palestinians “repulsive” for sharing similar sentiments that Pointman shared. You don’t but in and say “hey, they’ve just lived through a traumatic event, they deserve leeway,” do you? I might have missed it. Totally correct me if I’m off base here.

But whether you have or you haven’t, there really isn’t an excuse to deny that double-standard exists. Yours (whether intentional or not) and Zevo’s posts were obvious examples of it. You both literally reacted differently to the almost identical copy/pasted text (edited to be less inflammatory) based on the which innocent victims it was referring to. Hell, you reacted more strongly to the less inflammatory version!

That’s crazy, no? Can we at least stop pretending that it isn’t real?

How exactly was anyone supposed to know your post was satire (assuming it was), when that exact same thing has been posted seriously multiple times both before and after October 7.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:09 AM   #3765
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Yes, I do think it's why. Many of you are straight up trolling Pointman for the purpose of eliciting a reaction. Pointman is a very recent survivor of a very traumatic situation. Even if you don't think that's the case, there's certainly an obnoxious, condescending, and flippant tone to many of the posts in here.

Many posters are clearly looking for their smoking gun, to counteract the fact they are not acknowledging events like a crowd of people spitting on the mutilated and recently raped corpse of a 20 year old woman.

Then posters attempting to hold out Pointman as a representative of all Israelis, despite the fact he's only been in the country for a few months.
I guess that means we need to get a current Palestinian on this board and s/he can spew all of the noxious comments Pointman did because they're also recent survivors of a very traumatic situation.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:11 AM   #3766
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
I guess that means we need to get a current Palestinian on this board and s/he can spew all of the noxious comments Pointman did because they're also recent survivors of a very traumatic situation.
We already have several posters in here saying that Hamas is a justified reaction to setter activity.
Old 11-16-2023, 10:15 AM   #3767
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Al Shifa hospital raid coming up as a practical nothingburger has VERY strong 'we didn't find any WMDs but that's because Saddam hid them all while the inspectors were dilly dallying' vibes.

For those of us who were wide-eyed and distraught during the post-2001 Iraq situation, this type of government propaganda is depressingly easy to spot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 10:16 AM   #3768
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
We already have several posters in here saying that Hamas is a justified reaction to setter activity.
I'll ignore your desperate substitution of Hamas when I said Palestinians.

But more to the point, you support them and their outbursts just like you support Pointman, right? Or is one man's trauma more important to you than another's?
Old 11-16-2023, 10:35 AM   #3769
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
I'll ignore your desperate substitution of Hamas when I said Palestinians.

But more to the point, you support them and their outbursts just like you support Pointman, right? Or is one man's trauma more important to you than another's?
I actually called out Pointman, told him he was wrong and suggested he do some would searching to come to a different conclusion.

I assume you will do the same every time someone on here suggests that Hamas is a natural or justified reaction to the conflict? Is that how this works? What exactly are we arguing about?
Old 11-16-2023, 11:11 AM   #3770
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
No, no, no. You don't get to pretend your little right-wing disinformation media outlets didn't trick you. Pepsi debunked your rant. Own it and acknowledge it or GTFO.
#### you and your drive-by own it or GTFO crap.

Debunked nothing. If you had taken at least two minutes you might have appreciated the point which was that while Trudeau and Joly properly acknowledged the great work this lady did for peace and the sadness of her death they totally ignored the fact that we have a Canadian senior citizen who was brutally murdered in her home to the point of non-recognition for no other reason than she was Jewish. A reader would have the impression she wandered out alone at night and passed away in the forest. And as for demanding the release of the hostages, the reference in the article was to the statement Trudeau made weeks ago.

As Baird points out the little weasel's recent about face was to placate the whiny bitches in the Liberal caucus who are as unprincipled as you can get.

The one positive is that her son has received a ton of outpouring of support from both the Jewish and non-Jewish communities, which I doubt he would have received from you or a few others on this board.

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 11-16-2023 at 11:14 AM.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:23 AM   #3771
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I actually called out Pointman, told him he was wrong and suggested he do some would searching to come to a different conclusion.

I assume you will do the same every time someone on here suggests that Hamas is a natural or justified reaction to the conflict? Is that how this works? What exactly are we arguing about?
Of course I'll call out Hamas. The people on this board already have, multiple times. Nobody is defending their butchery, least of all me.

And yes, I see you consistently substituting Hamas for Palestinians. I've only advocated in favour of the Palestinians, never Hamas. So I would appreciate you not trying to change the substance of my posts.
Old 11-16-2023, 11:30 AM   #3772
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Trudeau has condemned Hamas, affirmed Israel's right to self defense, has offered condolences to Silver's family, and also asked for maximum restraint to protect Palestinian lives.

All of these can be said without contradicting each other, I see nothing wrong with his comments.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:36 AM   #3773
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Greatest personal data collection and foreign interest controlling scam of all time.
So.... Facebook, you mean? Established personal data collector and a big factor in Trump's election in 2016, Myanmar in 2014, etc.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:58 AM   #3774
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
icon53

Quote:

Debunked nothing. If you had taken at least two minutes you might have appreciated the point which was that while Trudeau and Joly properly acknowledged the great work this lady did for peace and the sadness of her death they totally ignored the fact that we have a Canadian senior citizen who was brutally murdered in her home to the point of non-recognition for no other reason than she was Jewish. A reader would have the impression she wandered out alone at night and passed away in the forest. And as for demanding the release of the hostages, the reference in the article was to the statement Trudeau made weeks ago.

As Baird points out the little weasel's recent about face was to placate the whiny bitches in the Liberal caucus who are as unprincipled as you can get.

The one positive is that her son has received a ton of outpouring of support from both the Jewish and non-Jewish communities, which I doubt he would have received from you or a few others on this board.
I'm confused.

Isn't this how democracy works? MPs are afraid of losing the next election, so they let the PM know he needs to change his rhetoric?
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:06 PM   #3775
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

haha, dude, you were duped. They tricked ya. They knew you would not critically think about the lies they were spoon feeding you while you sat bibless in a highchair of ignorance and you - predictably and laughably - fell for it again.

If you had a modicum of media literacy, you would have known right away since there's no way the PM of Canada said "nothing" about the events or the murder of a Canadian citizen.

You said this:
Quote:
#### you Justin Trudeau and your gutless Liberal government.

Nothing to say about the murder in cold blood by Hamas of Canadian Vivian Silver other than a vanilla tweet by Minister Jolie who “made it sound as though Silver died peacefully in her sleep rather than being brutalized and desecrated to the point where she was literally unrecognizable. This was not simply a “loss,” this was a woman who was slaughtered for no other reason than that she was Jewish.” (National Post)

And no demands for the safe and immediate return of the hostages. But stern demands that Israel cease operations in Gaza. #### you Trudeau. #### you.
Every single aspect of what you said was wrong. You regurgitated obvious lies that were designed by people smarter than you to use you as a useful idiot and you fell for it - again - hook, line and sinker.

Then, somebody had to take the time out of their day to correct you with the actual information so at least there was an honest record with actual facts in this conversation because some of us don't want to let lies hang and fester:
Quote:
Uh huh.

The “nothing” Trudeau had to say about Silver:

Quote:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Tuesday that Silver's remains were identified on Monday in Israel.

"Last month, I had the chance to meet with one of her sons. I learned of her warmth, her compassion, and her lifelong commitment to building bridges between Israelis and Palestinians. Vivian dedicated her life to peace, that bright light was extinguished on October 7," Trudeau said.

"Her courage, commitment and compassion exemplifies what it means to be a Canadian, what it means to be engaged in the world in positive ways. She will be deeply missed, may her memory be a blessing."
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/global...sing-1.6645198

The “no” demands for the immediate and safe return of hostages:
Quote:
Trudeau said Hamas needs to stop using Palestinians as human shields and release all hostages "immediately and unconditionally." Canada has designated the group as a terrorist organization for more than 20 years.
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7028376
Your response? This nonsense:
Quote:
It took mere weeks for the October 7 Hamas atrocities to be whitewashed. Trudeau is a disgrace.
"Whitewashed"? Haha, what does that even mean in this context?

And you didn't address the thorough debunking of every single aspect of your post where you proudly displayed your ignorance and inability to properly vet the media you ingest.

Then when I asked you to comment on the debunking, this was your reply:
Quote:

"Debunked nothing."

lol, everything was debunked.

Don't you understand that? Flapping around telling people to "#### off" and screeching your made-up, incorrect and disproven narrative does not make you right. It makes you ignorant.

So yeah, please acknowledge that you made a mistake in trusting a dubious source, posted incorrect information that was demonstrably from opposite-land, and maybe thank Pepsi for going to the effort of showing you the actual truth so you wouldn't go around looking like a fool for spreading lies.

Or keep doubling down. Just so you know, though, when you do that it doesn't only affect that one post where you are spinning around franticly lashing out because somebody had the audacity to share the truth with you. It affects all your posts. This pattern of behaviour makes you an unreliable poster as people assume you're not equipped to discern fact from fiction and don't respect you or your posts. It's like the boy who cried wolf, but worse because this is real life and not a fictional tale. Also, you're an adult and not a little boy. We expect adults to value honesty and to show integrity.

Thanks for wasting my time, too. Had you just checked your source before posting you would have saved us strangers a good man hour and there wouldn't be this embarrassing record on the internet of you falling for propaganda and then having a total fit when confronted haha.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:15 PM   #3776
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
So.... Facebook, you mean? Established personal data collector and a big factor in Trump's election in 2016, Myanmar in 2014, etc.
#2. It’s okay if you want TikTok on your phone dude, don’t have to be offended.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 12:24 PM   #3777
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

Why lie?

Trudeau did, in fact, make clear that her remains were identified and despite being thought to have taken hostage, “Vivian was killed by Hamas in the October 7 terrorist attacks”:

https://globalnews.ca/video/10091912...-vivian-silver

How would someone have the impression she wandered into the woods?

As for the demanding the release of hostages, wrong again. It wasn’t in reference to weeks ago, it was in reference to the same press conference (starts at 1:00):

The endless addiction to needing explicit details of Hamas murder victims that borders on terror porn is one thing, being part of the posting group that cheers each other on while you advocate for more dead children and the dehumanizing of Palestinians is another, but if you’re going to add blatant lies on topic and act indignant when those lies are debunked? Well, then I’m not sure what you’re actually adding to the conversation outside of more hate.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2023, 12:44 PM   #3778
Doctorfever
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Speaking of Trudeau.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...-at-restaurant

I don’t understand this “protest”. As much as I like to dump on the PM, him calling for a ceasefire isn’t going to do sweet #### all regardless. Surrounding him like that isn’t cool.
Old 11-16-2023, 12:47 PM   #3779
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The endless addiction to needing explicit details of Hamas murder victims that borders on terror porn is one thing, being part of the posting group that cheers each other on while you advocate for more dead children and the dehumanizing of Palestinians is another, but if you’re going to add blatant lies on topic and act indignant when those lies are debunked? Well, then I’m not sure what you’re actually adding to the conversation outside of more hate.
I have never "advocated for more dead children and the dehumanizing of Palestinians". That's over the line.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 01:00 PM   #3780
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I have never "advocated for more dead children and the dehumanizing of Palestinians". That's over the line.
Would you like to make any new comment on the videos above in light of your last comments?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: