Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #2201
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a childhood Spider-Man fan, I really hope they bring back Green Goblin and Doc Ock into the modern movies, but I just don't see it happening.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #2202
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
As a childhood Spider-Man fan, I really hope they bring back Green Goblin and Doc Ock into the modern movies, but I just don't see it happening.
They will at some point.

They are just trying to put some space between themselves and the other reboots. They'll also likely slowly tease out Norman Osborne and make him a larger overarching threat.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #2203
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'd like an actual good doctor doom, the last two movie Dooms in the Fantastic Four movies have been terrible.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 11:42 AM   #2204
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can almost guarantee that the old Avengers tower becomes Oscorp and they start to bring in a Green Goblin story that arcs over several movies with smaller villains as the one-offs along the way.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #2205
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Looks good. The speculation on the interwebs is that part of the new deal between Sony and Disney is that they want access to Holland's Spider-Man and his support characters for their Spider-Verse. Where as under the original deal, it was tight clad that Holland could not be in Venom, no matter what.

Like how do you do a Spider-Man universe without Spider-Man?
Old 01-13-2020, 12:12 PM   #2206
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Looks good. The speculation on the interwebs is that part of the new deal between Sony and Disney is that they want access to Holland's Spider-Man and his support characters for their Spider-Verse. Where as under the original deal, it was tight clad that Holland could not be in Venom, no matter what.

It sounds like Sony is getting a much better deal under the new arrangement.

They are getting a better deal financially plus they get to leach off the notoriety that the MCU has created for the Holland Spiderman.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:17 PM   #2207
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm not going to get into it. The Holland Spider-Man has actually been pretty good, but I really dont know how this whole Joint-Custody Universe thing is going to pan out.

That Morbius trailer actually looks pretty good.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #2208
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Morbius looks really good. Seems to hold true to some of the original story too.

I don't like Leto, but he is a great actor when he's given the right role. He seems to fit this role very well, from the trailer
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:27 AM   #2209
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoah credit to CW and DC this is a really cool moment for the multiverse and their Crisis on Infinite Earth crossover!

Spoiler!
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:51 PM   #2210
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Taskmaster!
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 07:08 PM   #2211
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #2212
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post

It has potential. Leto seems to take himself a little too seriously but is a solid actor.
Can they stop casting Leto in comic book movies.
He's so cheesy
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:33 PM   #2213
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

The worst Joker meets the best Batman in a Spider-man movie that doesn't have Spider-man in it.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:22 AM   #2214
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Apparently Feige and Patrick Stewart have had recent conversations about Stewart returning as Xavier. Stewart says he is not interested because of Logan. He sees that as the ultimate send off for his character, which was the culmination of his relationship with Wolverine.

Pair this with the New Mutants director stating that the movie has direct references to the previous X-Men movies and Feige saying that new mutants is absolutely part of the MCU... makes me wonder if Dr. Strange 2 is setting up some big multiverse event.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #2215
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I finally watched Far From Home. It was not good.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #2216
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first project between J.J. Abrams Bad Robot company and WB has been announced and it's going to be a movie and tv show involving Justice League Dark. I know Del Torro wrote a script for this years ago, but a movie based with horror tones involving Swamp Thing, Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, will be really cool and different.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/justice...nt-1202837412/
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #2217
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Apparently Feige and Patrick Stewart have had recent conversations about Stewart returning as Xavier. Stewart says he is not interested because of Logan. He sees that as the ultimate send off for his character, which was the culmination of his relationship with Wolverine.

Pair this with the New Mutants director stating that the movie has direct references to the previous X-Men movies and Feige saying that new mutants is absolutely part of the MCU... makes me wonder if Dr. Strange 2 is setting up some big multiverse event.
I feel like it might be, End Game was just tipping the toe in the water IMO.

Feedback to Spider-man into the multiverse was so strong that I'm sure Feige looked at that and thought "Well we could do something like that now too".

I could see them trying to tie together the Fantastic 4, X-Men, and Avengers universes by doing something like that. And Honestly I wonder if they try to get Holland and Tobey McGuire on the same screen too (nobody cared about Andrew Garfield).
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:33 AM   #2218
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I feel like it might be, End Game was just tipping the toe in the water IMO.

Feedback to Spider-man into the multiverse was so strong that I'm sure Feige looked at that and thought "Well we could do something like that now too".

I could see them trying to tie together the Fantastic 4, X-Men, and Avengers universes by doing something like that. And Honestly I wonder if they try to get Holland and Tobey McGuire on the same screen too (nobody cared about Andrew Garfield).
It has been speculated that Multiverse of Madness will probably be Avengers 4.5.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #2219
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
The first project between J.J. Abrams Bad Robot company and WB has been announced and it's going to be a movie and tv show involving Justice League Dark. I know Del Torro wrote a script for this years ago, but a movie based with horror tones involving Swamp Thing, Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman, will be really cool and different.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/justice...nt-1202837412/
I don't mind the recent rendition of Constantine in the Arrowverse, and the Keanu version was underrated. I really hope that they are not afraid to actually go dark with a new version of this character, and the rest of them.

The (I think most recent) version of Madame Xanadu is really interesting, and has a history that goes back to Arthurian legend.

That is only two of the characters, and so much lore to draw from. Please, please don't make it like Riverdale.

Also, it would be great to introduce Swamp Thing and Animal Man at some point, and make a full season arc of the fight against Rot. That could be Walking Dead levels of gore, and be an interesting allegory for disease, it's cure, and the human element that stands in the way of both.
Old 01-23-2020, 11:13 AM   #2220
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'd like an actual good doctor doom, the last two movie Dooms in the Fantastic Four movies have been terrible.
I think there are two villians in Marvel that they could build another decade long story arc around: Dr Doom and Galactus. I think Dr Doom would be the better choice as Galactus is too similar to Thanos, and would be great for tying in the Fantastic Four. Mix Doom with a celestial being like the Beyonder and you've got a stew, baby.

I loved when Doom became the last defense of humanity against Akhenaten, a cosmic entity which claimed earth as his own in "The End" storyline, and would love to see them do something like that with the character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I finally watched Far From Home. It was not good.
This movie was such a dead fish compared to Homecoming, which made me think the character could do no wrong. I only made it 1/2 hour in.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote