Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #21
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
What about a pile of concrete rubble? I know I can take it to one of the recyclers, but that involves 2 trips with my truck. If I could get in on this free action, that's be great...didn't work so well with clay though.
I posted concrete rubble for free on FB Marketplace earlier in the summer and it was gone in a day.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #22
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have about 50 or 60 incandescent lightbulbs that came in all the light fixtures of our new home. All 60 watt that I replaced with LED. Other than dropping from a great height, is there anything I can do with them, or anyone want them? I would post them on Kijiji but don't want the hassle of dealing with communicating with people whom would line up down our cul de sac.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #23
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
I posted concrete rubble for free on FB Marketplace earlier in the summer and it was gone in a day.
Really? Wow, ok, posting time.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #24
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
I have about 50 or 60 incandescent lightbulbs that came in all the light fixtures of our new home. All 60 watt that I replaced with LED. Other than dropping from a great height, is there anything I can do with them, or anyone want them? I would post them on Kijiji but don't want the hassle of dealing with communicating with people whom would line up down our cul de sac.
This is the problem with free stuff that is popular. Be prepared for "I responded first" or "can you save them" or some other BS

I put an ad up, the first person who says they will take them I message back with an address, and leave them outside for pick up. I have yet to have someone not show up, but if they did I would just go to the next guy.

Once it's gone, delete the ad and ignore any other messages that might get through. Stuff is free, I'm not putting ANY effort into this transaction at my cost so don't expect me to.

I mean, have a look at the junk in there. And people actually pick it up....it's fascinating.

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-free-stuff/a...9003?origin=ps

Free expired canned food? Gimme gimme gimme https://www.kijiji.ca/v-free-stuff/c...ree/1524032710

Edit: already gone wtf

Last edited by Tron_fdc; 09-14-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #25
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think part of the allure with "free" is that many times they're used for things that we wouldn't consider using them for. The expired canned food thing, if I had a gun, I wouldn't personally eat the canned food, but I'd totally line those up as targets for a satisfying explosion if I got a good shot in.

So listing something like incandescent bulbs for free might not yield someone who wants to put them in their home, but perhaps someone who has an artistic or destructive idea in mind that makes sense if it's free, but not if they have to purchase?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 07:18 PM   #26
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have a Precor elliptical and the electronics died. Anyone know of anywhere in the city that would repair...or alternatively if anyone wants it and will take it away it’s yours. You can still use it to “run” on but you can’t count steps or move the ramp up. I’ve looked for fuses and loose connections but don’t see any.

An additional CP angle is this was originally Thor’s (or his sisters) before moving back to Iceland. Also note it did not come with any additional restraints or riding crops.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:47 PM   #27
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

How about old shingles,

Does Fuzz’s clay pile still accept them?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2020, 09:55 PM   #28
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
How about old shingles,

Does Fuzz’s clay pile still accept them?
The one I left in Surferguy's driveway? I'm sure it does.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #29
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
What do I do with PS3 era Guitar Hero and Rock Band instruments?

I think they still work with the PS4, think they're worth anything? Or try the same give them away thing?
Video Game trader in Lake Bonivista is great for stuff like this. And I actually think that those are fairly popular right now as there is nothing else like it right now beyond rocksmith.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #30
Reggie28
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This may not be the correct place to post this, but I’m curious about my water bill. Last bill was 15 cubic meters, month before was 12 cubic meters. I planted a new tree and was watering it several times a week along with my other trees. Is 15,000 litres in the range of normal usage for people who water their trees/lawn?

Guess I should add I have an average size city lot.
Reggie28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #31
puckhog
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
This thread is for answers to simple what do I with <insert thing here>

My ask

What do I do with an old car seat? I’ve got a bucket that is ready for a new home. Don’t want to bin it, I've tried kijiji already. Who will take this off my hands?
My wife and I were just having this discussion as our daughter was about to outgrow hers and it’s near the expiration date (FWIW we got it used from a friend, so that could be an option). Luckily, before we had to look too hard into disposal, our car was stolen, so now it’s the thieves’ problem. Stupid suckers.
puckhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #32
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Video Game trader in Lake Bonivista is great for stuff like this. And I actually think that those are fairly popular right now as there is nothing else like it right now beyond rocksmith.
Wait, there is still a Video Game trader???? I'll have to check it out
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #33
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
As for you original question, "What do I do with <......>"

My go to is give it away on Kijiji. If no one takes it for free it's garbage. And it is utterly STUNNING what people will come and take off your hands N/C.
Yeah, should have sold/given away the kid(s). Save yourself a ####ton of money and emotional disappointment for the future. AND never would have had to buy a car seat in the first place.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: