Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2019, 10:21 PM   #41
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
Johnny leads the team in scoring every year by like 15-20 points. Have we soured on him that much based on one playoff series?
Funny this is that nobody else was scoring or doing much of anything so they could focus on him. If the Flames had a couple other threats going it would have opened up for him.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:31 PM   #42
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Where did you hear about the quickest route to free agency?
There was speculation around here that he wants the Matthews special. A five year deal that takes him to unrestricted free agency.

Mind you, that does not mean that he would want out of Calgary as soon as possible, but only that he would want the high ground on negotiations in the future. It should be noted that as far as I can tell, it has only been speculation (and speculation with other high profile RFAs at the moment).
Old 09-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #43
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
Johnny leads the team in scoring every year by like 15-20 points. Have we soured on him that much based on one playoff series?
I haven't soured on him by any means. I am just not sure he has that extra gear. I am not sure that he doesn't have it either. But I am sure that Tkachuk has it.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #44
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
No doubt about it: the Flames are s better team with Gaudreau than they are without him. However, it is a huge exaggeration to say that the team in his absence is “crap.” And I tend to think that Tkachuk could realistically be more important to this franchise than Gaudreau in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are a borderline playoff team without Johnny, certainly not conference topping. That’s not crappy, you are right. Maybe it’s better to say it would be crappy to support a team like that.

Every team needs an edgy player like Tkachuk. But I don’t see him being able to carry a team like Johnny can. Really Johnny is in a class with Iggy in that regard.

Will have to agree to disagree and hopefully we’ll never have to find out what this team would be like without Johnny and only guys like Tkachuk to pick up the slack.
Badgers Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #45
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers Nose View Post
They are a borderline playoff team without Johnny, certainly not conference topping. That’s not crappy, you are right. Maybe it’s better to say it would be crappy to support a team like that.

Every team needs an edgy player like Tkachuk. But I don’t see him being able to carry a team like Johnny can. Really Johnny is in a class with Iggy in that regard.

Will have to agree to disagree and hopefully we’ll never have to find out what this team would be like without Johnny and only guys like Tkachuk to pick up the slack.
I think you should prepare yourself for the very real possibility that Gaudreau is with another team after another two years. The good news is that it won’t be nearly as bad as you imagine. Unlike the Oilers who live and die (or die and REALLY die) on the back of Connor McDavid, the Flames have a good collection of talent beyond Gaudreau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote