Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2023, 01:32 PM   #61
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
The Exorcist? In theaters?

My God you are old....are you the Cryptkeeper?
Yes, the original, in a theatre.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:34 PM   #62
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Hows the Stock Market sir? I assume you check it from one of those old-timey tickers by the fireplace in your wingback chair in your loafers and smoking jacket?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 01:40 PM   #63
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never walked out of a theatre due to the quality of a film, but I wanted to a couple times. The most memorable for the wrong reasons was Broken City with Mark Wahlberg and Russell Crowe. A putrid movie, but I went with a friend I hadn't seen in a while that picked it. She apologized afterward, which was kind of funny.

Some friends and I got high on mushrooms and went to see Daredevil. Between the sonar effects and Michael Clarke Duncan's weird smile I freaked out and left.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 02:21 PM   #64
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I couldn't walk out because it was on an airplane, but there was a movie last year called Fall that I ended up hate watching until the end. It started ok, but quickly turned to annoying and had me actively rooting against the characters. Reviews and critic scores aren't terrible so maybe it was just me.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 02:24 PM   #65
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did walk out before or after that ONE scene with the crucifix?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 02:27 PM   #66
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also had to leave the Cloverfield theatre to puke twice. I finished the movie but man…. strange theatre experience.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:27 PM   #67
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Great thread. I literally walked out of Blue Beetle on Friday. Just boring, predictable garbage super hero BS. I wasn't expecting anything more, TBH, but I was craving theater popcorn and it was at the cheap theater. As soon as my popcorn was done I left.
You should’ve bought a bigger tub.
Barnet Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 02:30 PM   #68
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
My wife wanted to leave during Norbit I convinced her we should stay it might get better......spoiler alert it never got better.
Until this moment I swear you were no older than 18-19. Norbit in theatres with your wife?! My world is shattered. .
Old 10-17-2023, 02:37 PM   #69
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
I couldn't walk out because it was on an airplane, but there was a movie last year called Fall that I ended up hate watching until the end. It started ok, but quickly turned to annoying and had me actively rooting against the characters. Reviews and critic scores aren't terrible so maybe it was just me.
Thats like me with 'Lion.'

It was an okay film, but not a single Lion in the whole thing. 'Fall'...pff...they fall a little...but nobody hits the ground.

Well...I cant say that because I never finished it. So...maybe somebody fell. I cant be sure.

I remember almost being asked to leave during 'Titanic.' We werent supposed to be there in the first place, my buddy is just one of those guys that is always super late, anyways, I think it was James Bond was already sold out, our parents had dropped us off and that was the only movie with tickets left at that time.

Anyhoodles...when that guy clangs off the propeller? We almost died laughing...an employee had to come in and ask us to calm down or leave.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 10-17-2023, 02:44 PM   #70
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Thats like me with 'Lion.'

It was an okay film, but not a single Lion in the whole thing. 'Fall'...pff...they fall a little...but nobody hits the ground.

Well...I cant say that because I never finished it. So...maybe somebody fell. I cant be sure.

I remember almost being asked to leave during 'Titanic.' We werent supposed to be there in the first place, my buddy is just one of those guys that is always super late, anyways, I think it was James Bond was already sold out, our parents had dropped us off and that was the only movie with tickets left at that time.

Anyhoodles...when that guy clangs off the propeller? We almost died laughing...an employee had to come in and ask us to calm down or leave.
In all the glory of that movie, this is the single clearest memory of seeing it for the first time. I was probably only 9-10 at the time. Pretty sure it was also my first time seeing boobies. But damn that propeller man lives rent free in my head.

To me it's an astounding filmmaking choice. All this serious tension and then you throw that in? Hilarious.
Old 10-17-2023, 02:51 PM   #71
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
In all the glory of that movie, this is the single clearest memory of seeing it for the first time. I was probably only 9-10 at the time. Pretty sure it was also my first time seeing boobies. But damn that propeller man lives rent free in my head.

To me it's an astounding filmmaking choice. All this serious tension and then you throw that in? Hilarious.
I think we are around the same age, I might be a bit older than you, but man alive I fell out of my goddamned seat when that bastard hits the propeller.

And props to the sound guy...I forget what they're called, but you've got this scene of absolute terror going on and this guys just CLANGS the propeller....

It still makes me laugh to this day.

Old 10-17-2023, 02:53 PM   #72
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was 11 when Titanic came out and remember it as the first time, I saw a movie with nudity in it with my parents and I didn't know how to react as they were sitting beside me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 02:54 PM   #73
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

It actually confuses me. Like, Mr Cameron, what are you doing here? It might as well be followed by a super loud and obvious Wilhelm scream (which I'm positive appears somewhere, but much more subtly).
Old 10-17-2023, 02:58 PM   #74
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It actually confuses me. Like, Mr Cameron, what are you doing here? It might as well be followed by a super loud and obvious Wilhelm scream (which I'm positive appears somewhere, but much more subtly).
The thing is...you're in a movie theater. Its dark, the Titanic is going down, people are dying left, right and centre...and there are people in the theater laughing their heads off, presumably at this tragedy.

Yeah...you come across as a bit of a lunatic.

But come on! It was all about Propeller Man! Theres no way thats not funny!

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 03:05 PM   #75
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Did walk out before or after that ONE scene with the crucifix?
You expect me to remember that one detail.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 03:13 PM   #76
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Until this moment I swear you were no older than 18-19. Norbit in theatres with your wife?! My world is shattered. .

To be fair we were only dating at the time.

Also y'all are tripping, Blair Witch is a masterpiece in horror filmmaking, I wish I was lucky enough to see it in theaters.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 03:16 PM   #77
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You expect me to remember that one detail.
Spoiler!
Old 10-17-2023, 03:18 PM   #78
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've never walked out but there were two that made me want to.

First was the 2005 Superman movie. I was in Grade 5 or 6 with a bunch of friends. The ones with money walked out and went to McDonalds. I didn't have money so I stayed, but I would have left if I had money.

Next was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I paid $5 to see it at the cheap theatre in Canyon Meadows, sat down and found $5 in the cup holder, and still felt ripped off. It was like a 10:45pm on a Tuesday showing and I was working shift work at the time, so I had nothing better to do and stayed, but my God I couldn't wait for that steaming pile of garbage to be over. Worst movie I've ever seen in a theatre.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 03:21 PM   #79
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

lmao I love Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 03:24 PM   #80
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I've never walked out but there were two that made me want to.

First was the 2005 Superman movie. I was in Grade 5 or 6 with a bunch of friends. The ones with money walked out and went to McDonalds. I didn't have money so I stayed, but I would have left if I had money.

Next was Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. I paid $5 to see it at the cheap theatre in Canyon Meadows, sat down and found $5 in the cup holder, and still felt ripped off. It was like a 10:45pm on a Tuesday showing and I was working shift work at the time, so I had nothing better to do and stayed, but my God I couldn't wait for that steaming pile of garbage to be over. Worst movie I've ever seen in a theatre.
I hated that movie, too. I watched it at home, but never finished. I feel like it got a lot of praise, though, didn't it? Maybe not. Either way, it sucked.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote