Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-11-2021, 09:22 PM   #821
flamingred89
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Stop teasing the 25-25 scorigami lol.
Ha. I just watched the Jon Bois SBNation on the Scorigami last night. Looks like 25-25 has never happened. Lets go tie!
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:30 PM   #822
DropIt
Franchise Player
 
DropIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Exp:
Default

Colts or Lions. More heartbreaking loss im not sure
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #823
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player
 
KelVarnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Apartment 5A
Exp:
Default

Carson Wentz losing makes me happy
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:37 PM   #824
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player
 
oldschoolcalgary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Exp:
Default

wow...what a crazy 4th quarter!

So many of the sunday/monday night games have been great this year... Didn't expect the Ravens to make it back as the Colts really seemed to be moving the ball fairly easily
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:41 PM   #825
Sainters7
Franchise Player
 
Sainters7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: back in the 403
Exp:
Default

Prime time games have been must-see TV all season
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:52 PM   #826
Jason14h
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Prime time games have been must-see TV all season
Ravens last 4 prime time games are all game of the year candidates

Cleveland , Oakland , KC, tonight
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #827
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default



I had forgotten all about this, but this weekend made me dig it out of my memory banks.
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 06:34 AM   #828
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Easy to say, evidence points the the contrary
Evidence of a 2-3 record vs a 3-2 record seems to be pretty ample evidence and even last season both teams had 8-8 records and the Raiders did it with a much more difficult schedule. You really gloating about a win where Raiders players were clearly distracted? You confuse me with rube or something as I don't have anything against the Bears outside the fact they have a terrible head coach and GM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:20 AM   #829
DropIt
Franchise Player
 
DropIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Evidence of a 2-3 record vs a 3-2 record seems to be pretty ample evidence and even last season both teams had 8-8 records and the Raiders did it with a much more difficult schedule. You really gloating about a win where Raiders players were clearly distracted? You confuse me with rube or something as I don't have anything against the Bears outside the fact they have a terrible head coach and GM.

Both teams are 3-2 and one team just beat the other..

I think the post i made about the game hardly suggested any gloating, you suggested the Raiders threw the game rather than the much more likely fact that the Raiders are again a .500 team that simply shocked the Ravens in week 1.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:31 AM   #830
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Both teams are 3-2 and one team just beat the other..

I think the post i made about the game hardly suggested any gloating, you suggested the Raiders threw the game rather than the much more likely fact that the Raiders are again a .500 team that simply shocked the Ravens in week 1.
No offense but the Raiders should not lose to that Bears team. It was clear that some of the players were affected and it's not just from me as many in the media said as much. Gruden probably shouldn't have even have coached that game. Raiders are a better than .500 team but with the coaching shuffle it's going to be difficult as the team is probably pretty shaken up by the events of the past week.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 08:53 AM   #831
DropIt
Franchise Player
 
DropIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
No offense but the Raiders should not lose to that Bears team. It was clear that some of the players were affected and it's not just from me as many in the media said as much. Gruden probably shouldn't have even have coached that game. Raiders are a better than .500 team but with the coaching shuffle it's going to be difficult as the team is probably pretty shaken up by the events of the past week.
No they shouldnt, and 8/10 tines im sure they dont. However I think theyre much closer to a 6-8 win team like the Bears than they are a 10+ win team like the Chiefs or Chargers.

Last edited by DropIt; 10-12-2021 at 03:06 PM.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #832
dino7c
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
Both teams are 3-2 and one team just beat the other..

I think the post i made about the game hardly suggested any gloating, you suggested the Raiders threw the game rather than the much more likely fact that the Raiders are again a .500 team that simply shocked the Ravens in week 1.
They didn't throw the game but how can you not factor the distraction?

Beating the Ravens and then flying across the country to beat the Steelers on the road less than a week later was quite the start. We will see what happens next week. 4-2 or 3-3
__________________
I WAS WRONG ABOUT KYLINGTON
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #833
CaptainCrunch
Norm!
 
CaptainCrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Exp:
Default

CBSSports has confirmed that the leaks of Gruden's email leak came from the league. I would expect he's going to outright sue the NFL.


https://twitter.com/user/status/1447949769117159428


The NFL better be lawyering up.
__________________
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didnít get you anywhere. Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16Ö
Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:12 AM   #834
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player
 
Senator Clay Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maryland State House, Annapolis
Exp:
Default

The Raiders are what they've been for the past couple years: an also-ran capable of beating a lot of teams, also capable of losing to a lot of teams, and essentially a non-factor for serious contender status.
__________________
"Think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole damn machine? Sheeee......."
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:17 PM   #835
rubecube
Franchise Player
 
rubecube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Victoria
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Evidence of a 2-3 record vs a 3-2 record seems to be pretty ample evidence and even last season both teams had 8-8 records and the Raiders did it with a much more difficult schedule. You really gloating about a win where Raiders players were clearly distracted? You confuse me with rube or something as I don't have anything against the Bears outside the fact they have a terrible head coach and GM.
Haha, I don't have anything against the Bears. I just think they have horrible ownership and make terrible management decisions. Nothing against the players or the fans.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #836
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer
 
troutman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winebar Kensington
Exp:
Default

Ravens are an eyelash away from being 1-4. They pulled out 3 close ones.
__________________
http://navigator.law
http://cjsw.com/program/fossil-records/
twitter/instagram @troutman1966
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:28 PM   #837
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Haha, I don't have anything against the Bears. I just think they have horrible ownership and make terrible management decisions. Nothing against the players or the fans.
Sorry. I have seen you take a lot of jabs at the Bears and assumed maybe he got us mixed up. We both agree about their management for sure.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:30 PM   #838
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Ravens are an eyelash away from being 1-4. They pulled out 3 close ones.
In leagues where there's a lot of parity the only difference between a 10+ win team and a 6 win team is the usually the ability to make the plays when it counts in close games.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 02:00 PM   #839
DropIt
Franchise Player
 
DropIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Red Deer, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Haha, I don't have anything against the Bears. I just think they have horrible ownership and make terrible management decisions. Nothing against the players or the fans.
Top to bottom the Bears are one of the worsr run organizations in the NFL. From the Mckaskeys all the way down. That team needs to be sold when Virginia kicks it.
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 05:21 PM   #840
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension
 
Sylvanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Just outside Enemy Lines
Exp:
Default

The Bears are pretty Flames like. The way they get talked about in this forum you'd think they've won 12 games in the last 5 years. In reality they have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years and in the last 15 have one Superbowl appearance and another NFC Title Game appearance. So from that perspective they're actually within statistical norms, and better off than the Flames as a comparison. But they do tend to hang out more in that mediocre world and have not been able to find that Franchise QB much like the Flames can't seem to find a top center.

They might not be well run, but compared to other NFL teams they're probably average. Over a 25 year period...the NFL maybe has four well run teams in the Steelers, Packers, Patriots, and Ravens, and maybe the Seahawks if you only look at the last 20 years as a 5th. Other than that there's some others like the Saints, Chiefs, Colts, and Broncos who had a few playoff appearances and won Championships because of having good QB's, but these teams have also done some dumb things too be it lose, employee horrible people, or have an owner who's a drunk bufoon and lucked his way to Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck.
__________________
"Some guys like old balls"
Patriots QB Tom Brady
Sylvanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 AM.

Calgary Flames
2021-22




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021