Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-18-2021, 03:56 PM   #4701
FusionX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
At this point I might do Valimaki over either Mangiapane or Dube if I could.

Monahan
Zary
1st (2022 with top 5 protection to slide to 2023)
2nd (2022 FLA)
Valimaki

Done and done.
Personal preference would be to swap out Zary for Pelletier here and that'd be an amazing deal IMO. I'd give another 2nd on condition of also sliding 2023 pick if top 5 to 2024.
FusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:00 PM   #4702
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Maybe we can just be bad this year and get Shane Wright.

#onecandream
You gotta play light
For Shane Wright
Then paaaaaarty!
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #4703
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder if Eichel will be traded before his current contract expires?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 04:15 PM   #4704
Bonecrushing Hits
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Tank in plain sight for Shane Wright
Bonecrushing Hits is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonecrushing Hits For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 04:18 PM   #4705
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Season was a Wright-off

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #4706
browntrout
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
Personal preference would be to swap out Zary for Pelletier here and that'd be an amazing deal IMO. I'd give another 2nd on condition of also sliding 2023 pick if top 5 to 2024.
If Eichel is never healthy again, this trade cripples the flames, instead of a rebuild taking 3-4 years, it will now take 6-7, that is just way to much to give for a seriously injured player, if that is what buffalo wants, move on.
browntrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:01 PM   #4707
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntrout View Post
If Eichel is never healthy again, this trade cripples the flames, instead of a rebuild taking 3-4 years, it will now take 6-7, that is just way to much to give for a seriously injured player, if that is what buffalo wants, move on.
What's the point of rebuilding when we signed Markstrom to a 6 year deal a year ago? Also, the signing of Coleman and acquisition of Zadorov isn't really labeling us a rebuilding team either.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for a rebuild. But, ownership and management disagrees. The minute we hired Sutter as coach the rebuilding dreams died.

So, how do we get this team better? We need elite talent. A franchise C or D. There is not franchise D on the market right now, they are all currently signing ridiculous contracts. Eichel is worth every penny of that 10m contract. We have to do what it takes to acquire him. Even it it means overpaying a little bit to get the deal through.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 05:08 PM   #4708
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just bought some Mississauga steelheads vs Kingston Frontenac tickets to see the kid live.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:12 PM   #4709
FusionX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
It's a risk no doubt but if not for Eichel (who's only available given his injury), then who?

I agree it would set us back but I'm not sure it would be super crippling, given a lack of desire to truly rebuild anyways.

Retaining Zary instead of Pelletier gives us a potential center who's looked fairly good in early pro play. If he's never healthy again, we would retain both our 2022 and 2023 1st which is huge given the talent pool upcoming. Pelletier, two 2nds and Valimaki would be the ones that hurt in the short term, but as a lottery ticket on a young, under contract #1C in a period where we are clearly not rebuilding anyways, meh, I'd say it's worth a gamble.
FusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:46 PM   #4710
browntrout
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
It's a risk no doubt but if not for Eichel (who's only available given his injury), then who?

I agree it would set us back but I'm not sure it would be super crippling, given a lack of desire to truly rebuild anyways.

Retaining Zary instead of Pelletier gives us a potential center who's looked fairly good in early pro play. If he's never healthy again, we would retain both our 2022 and 2023 1st which is huge given the talent pool upcoming. Pelletier, two 2nds and Valimaki would be the ones that hurt in the short term, but as a lottery ticket on a young, under contract #1C in a period where we are clearly not rebuilding anyways, meh, I'd say it's worth a gamble.
I am all for acquiring Eichel but the cost has to reflect the fact the dude is seriously injured. If he was healthy teams would easily give up what buffalo is asking.
browntrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:50 PM   #4711
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
The way I see it is the Flames will likely never draft a player of Eichel's calibre in the near future. Definitely won't sign a player like him as an FA either. If healthy, he has the potential for being a very explosive player, and we definitely need a true #1C. If you don't take the gamble, likely just more years of mediocrity. If you take the risk, could potentially be rewarding, especially for the next 4-5 years (or whatever remains on his contract at this time). Also have the potential to trade him for assets down the road as well, closer to the end of his contract.
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:53 PM   #4712
InternationalVillager
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Are there any real updates?
InternationalVillager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #4713
Young_Guns
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternationalVillager View Post
Are there any real updates?
Rumours were that a trade was "imminent" a few days ago. Friedman mentioned the Avalanche being seriously interested, but only if the Sabres retained salary. Buffalo said no.

Supposedly 5 teams seriously interested. VGK, CGY, ANA have all been linked. Others are linking SJ as well since they have space with no E. Kane. NYR? SEA?

If I was to bet some money, probably ends up in Vegas somehow.
Young_Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:19 PM   #4714
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
You gotta play light
For Shane Wright
Then paaaaaarty!
That is absolutely disgusting and awful, and one of the worst things ever posted on CP.

I love it!
Old 10-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #4715
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

So Buffalo is just going to have this guy sit out? What's the plan?

How does Adams have a job? Just incredible mismanagement- little window into why they are what they are.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:23 PM   #4716
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
So Buffalo is just going to have this guy sit out? What's the plan?

How does Adams have a job? Just incredible mismanagement- little window into why they are what they are.
At this point I don’t see the offers getting better, only worse. It’s not like a team can have a slow start and want to get him into their line up. They’re really screwing this kid and his surgery around.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:29 PM   #4717
Dude Where's Makar?
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
What's the point of rebuilding when we signed Markstrom to a 6 year deal a year ago? Also, the signing of Coleman and acquisition of Zadorov isn't really labeling us a rebuilding team either.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for a rebuild. But, ownership and management disagrees. The minute we hired Sutter as coach the rebuilding dreams died.

So, how do we get this team better? We need elite talent. A franchise C or D. There is not franchise D on the market right now, they are all currently signing ridiculous contracts. Eichel is worth every penny of that 10m contract. We have to do what it takes to acquire him. Even it it means overpaying a little bit to get the deal through.

I honestly think this team is an Eichel and H. Lindholm away from being a top 5 contender. I think these two talented would fit the current core like a glove and push us over the top. I could also see Lindholm wanting to sign here with so many Swedes.

Also, I completely agree with your post!
Dude Where's Makar? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:43 PM   #4718
Macindoc
First Line Centre

Exp:

Kucherov out indefinitely with “groin strain”. Watch the Lightning trade for Eichel and Kuch needing the rest of the regular season to recover, only to miraculously return in game shape for the playoffs.

I know, they’d both be on IR for 4 months, but Eichel could return for the back end of the season, and they’d both be available for the playoffs.

Last edited by Macindoc; 10-18-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Macindoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Macindoc For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2021, 09:17 PM   #4719
Moneyhands23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macindoc View Post
Kucherov out indefinitely with “groin strain”. Watch the Lightning trade for Eichel and Kuch needing the rest of the regular season to recover, only to miraculously return in game shape for the playoffs.

I know, they’d both be on IR for 4 months, but Eichel could return for the back end of the season, and they’d both be available for the playoffs.
So they do what the following year??
Moneyhands23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 09:34 PM   #4720
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
So they do what the following year??
Trade Stamkos.
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote