Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-28-2022, 02:07 PM   #81
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

I still like Eastside Hockey Manager. No new versions, but there is an online community that updates it and you can download them for free on Steam.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:31 AM   #82
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:55 PM   #83
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Will be good.

Till it gets nerfed...
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:42 PM   #84
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got my invite to the technical test. Let's see if the AI is still broken.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:58 PM   #85
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How do I update my rosters to today's rosters just for playing single player. Is that possible?
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:42 PM   #86
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
How do I update my rosters to today's rosters just for playing single player. Is that possible?
If you're talking about NHL 2022 go to "Roster Sharing" and download the latest roster that someone has uploaded.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:07 AM   #87
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
If done well, those desperation plays could be super cool. It's all about finding balance though so it doesn't become too weighted towards offence or defence. Looks good though.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 02:39 PM   #88
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
I still like Eastside Hockey Manager. No new versions, but there is an online community that updates it and you can download them for free on Steam.
I have a friend in high level hockey that was in that game when it first came out...always went out of my way to ruin his career
Old 09-28-2022, 12:04 PM   #89
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1575168567678586882
Old 09-29-2022, 12:52 PM   #90
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every year, as a predominantly offline player, the game play and game mode announcements are the ones I focus on most.

After watching these this year, I have never felt so disconnected with the product/roadmap/vision as I do now.

There is literally nothing appealing to me in either announcement video.

Like, does literally anyone care about the level of customization they are offering in setting up Ur franchise teams/division/conferences?? Or point or schedule formats?

I'd bet that 98% of players will use the default settings for all of this.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bubbsy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2022, 03:33 PM   #91
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
Every year, as a predominantly offline player, the game play and game mode announcements are the ones I focus on most.

After watching these this year, I have never felt so disconnected with the product/roadmap/vision as I do now.

There is literally nothing appealing to me in either announcement video.

Like, does literally anyone care about the level of customization they are offering in setting up Ur franchise teams/division/conferences?? Or point or schedule formats?

I'd bet that 98% of players will use the default settings for all of this.
This was my thought as well. I'm totally fine to be wrong here, but what percentage of their feedback was asking for this? It's kinda cool I guess... but I can't recall a single comment wishing for something this granular. Meanwhile every time they tweet they get buried in requests for GM Connected...
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 04:02 PM   #92
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

These changes are meaningless. If only they could figure out how default to a proper player on the PK when one of your penalty killers takes a penalty....Nothing like having Mangiapane out of Defense on the pk because Anderson is in the box. And a quicker way to get to the in game edit lines menu, or a pop up notification when a player gets injured and can't play.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:25 PM   #93
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
or a pop up notification when a player gets injured and can't play.
They kind of do notify you when the announcers say a player won't be returning at the start of the period. I don't really mind that because it makes it seem more true to life.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:42 PM   #94
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the idea that they're focusing more on customization; it keeps the game fresh over the course of a year. I just hope they don't half ass it and make everything customizable, such as every individual segment of uniforms and equipment. I hate that certain zones of jerseys and goalie equipment are tied so that a single change in colour affects multiple areas.

I hope that these aren't the only changes they've made, but it's a bit encouraging that they are giving the community a bit more control over their experience.

Roster sharing is cool.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #95
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I like the idea that they're focusing more on customization; it keeps the game fresh over the course of a year. I just hope they don't half ass it and make everything customizable, such as every individual segment of uniforms and equipment. I hate that certain zones of jerseys and goalie equipment are tied so that a single change in colour affects multiple areas.
They failed. Exact same customization limitations that they have always had.

Quote:
I hope that these aren't the only changes they've made, but it's a bit encouraging that they are giving the community a bit more control over their experience.
Some new animations that most players won't care about or notice, and some new X-Factor attributes that, again, most players won't care about or notice.

This is a carbon copy of NHL 22 with updated music and rosters.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:59 PM   #96
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They could at least release NHL 23 on the PC so they can suffer along with us console players.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:05 AM   #97
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Every year I see the same complaints and besides a price reduction I have no idea what would make people happy. It can’t be graphics I don’t see how they could get much better and gameplay is pretty amazing. It’s easy to take this game for granted but watch this and see the progression.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:07 AM   #98
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I like how they made a new BAP bug where coming out of simming between shifts your team scores an own goal. That’s pretty cool and happens so often you’ll think it’s part of a normal game
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #99
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Every year I see the same complaints and besides a price reduction I have no idea what would make people happy.
People want massive improvements to the A.I. but don't take into consideration that the NHL team gets the short end of the stick on budget.

From what I've played of the NHL 23 trial it does feel better than NHL 22. It's still not perfect but I see improvement. Having EA Play I won't be buying it though and will just wait when it releases on there. I just don't play sports games as actively as I used to to justify even buying it at half off.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:52 AM   #100
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
Every year I see the same complaints and besides a price reduction I have no idea what would make people happy. It can’t be graphics I don’t see how they could get much better and gameplay is pretty amazing. It’s easy to take this game for granted but watch this and see the progression.
Yeah part of the problem is it just doesn't have the budget other games have.

NHL team is pretty small at EA, and sales just don't compare to games like Madden or FIFA.

Considering they don't even make NBA games anymore sometimes I wonder how long we will actually get EA making NHL games.

NHL 19 is the last game I see with reported sales figures for NHL and it sold 0.75M copies.

Madden 19 sold 3.75M copies and FIFA 19 sold 12M copies. It's never going to get the same budget or funding as those games.

Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour sold about 0.75M copies in 2015 and it never got a follow up...Once NBA Live dipped below 0.4-0.5M sales it got cancelled.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 10-17-2022 at 09:54 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: