Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-26-2020, 07:16 PM   #21
Ashartus
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just discovered a major issue with the transition to YT Music. It is mostly my kids that listen to Google Play music, we have a family account and they each set up their own playlists on their devices. However YT Music cannot be downloaded on accounts for kids under 13, and from what I can see Google have no plans to change that.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #22
GeoffSK
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashartus View Post
I just discovered a major issue with the transition to YT Music. It is mostly my kids that listen to Google Play music, we have a family account and they each set up their own playlists on their devices. However YT Music cannot be downloaded on accounts for kids under 13, and from what I can see Google have no plans to change that.
Yes this is annoying. My 6 year now can't have any personlization. Now Jojo Siwa and frozen soundtrack gets mixed in with my music since i switched over.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
GeoffSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:18 PM   #23
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Figured I’d bump and offer my experience, and hope that someone here can provide me a workaround?

I’ve used both Spotify and YTM, and I’m amazed that they both have brutal oversights that I can’t see how to change.

Spotify - When you search/select an artist, you only get a list of 5 most popular songs, with no option to expand. You can view an album, or play on these songs and then view the queue to see a random assortment. But even then, within the queue there are no options to rearrange, play next, add to playlists or anything. Unbelievable. Honestly turned me off from the service.

YouTube Music, just an absolute comedy of ####ups:
No option to turn auto play off. You can manually turn it off an album or playlist in the queue for that selection, but not if you just play play a song. Which leads to,
The autoplay makes no ####ing sense. Example: search ‘Gerry rafferty’ and you’ll get ‘Right Down the Line’ followed by ‘Baker Street’ under both ‘Top Result’ and ‘Songs’. But it won’t play in that order, rather a random playlist selection of different artists/songs. Even if you enter the ‘Songs’ menu, it’ll play random playlist. To play only songs from the selected artist, you have select the artist, then go to the Songs. Both lists of songs by the same artist, entirely different playback settings.
The queue control is terrible
The recent activity/history is terrible

How you go from Google Play to this is beyond me. They’re both fine for some things, but just goofy enough to make me hate them both.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:57 AM   #24
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

I'm getting really sick of YT music after transitioning from GPM. The biggest annoyance for me is that the shuffle function either doesn't shuffle, or only plays the same few songs all over again.

I'm close to switching over my library to Spotify - but have only found tools that transfer over playlists and not the full library of songs. Anyone made the switch and have any tips?
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 07:09 PM   #25
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

My student YouTube premium expired this week and can't justify paying full freight for it.

What's the best bang for your buck music streaming service out there? Spotify? SoundCloud?

Any deals or promos anyone knows of?
Old 02-18-2023, 08:32 AM   #26
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

An artist told me he had 13,000,000 plays of his song through a distributor on various social media platforms. He got a cheque for $7.

Artists are getting screwed.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:03 AM   #27
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

nm
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 12:11 AM   #28
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
An artist told me he had 13,000,000 plays of his song through a distributor on various social media platforms. He got a cheque for $7.

Artists are getting screwed.
Spotify as an example pays around $4 for every 1000 streams, which is a 70(artist)/30(streaming service) split. It's not great, but that artist is likely full of ****.

For 13 million streams he'd get $52000. Now, yes that sucks for that many people streaming the artist. But if the artist you talked to got $7 then the actual issue is his distributer (or someone else along the line) straight up screwed him and took all his money. Nothing to do with streaming.

Last edited by jayswin; 02-20-2023 at 12:20 AM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 08:56 AM   #29
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
My student YouTube premium expired this week and can't justify paying full freight for it.

What's the best bang for your buck music streaming service out there? Spotify? SoundCloud?

Any deals or promos anyone knows of?
Ad-less youtube is always worth it

I'll never go back
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrentCrimmIndependent For This Useful Post: