Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2018, 02:40 AM   #921
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

How is it that the owner of the normally dead cell phone shop has not caught on to the hundreds of phones suddenly flying off the shelves?
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:03 AM   #922
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Why she hasn't kicked Jimmy all the way to the curb is a real mystery.
When the montage ended with the fade to black on her side of the bed, I thought that was what had happened and they'd be broken-up after the intro.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:55 AM   #923
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
How is it that the owner of the normally dead cell phone shop has not caught on to the hundreds of phones suddenly flying off the shelves?
I assumed he orders them on the side - not selling store inventory.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #924
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
When the montage ended with the fade to black on her side of the bed, I thought that was what had happened and they'd be broken-up after the intro.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 09:53 AM   #925
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
The show jumped ahead a few months - Hector sitting up, Kim gets her cast off, the excavation is almost half done, and Jimmy can be a lawyer again in one month.

In the opening, there was a literal black line between Jimmy and Kim, even when in the same room. Kim is gorgeous even brushing her teeth.

Good use of music - Ex. Breeders on the car radio.

Jimmy - "Aspen"! Kim - "that was something". Why she hasn't kicked Jimmy all the way to the curb is a real mystery.

Gus knows Hector has recovered just enough, so that he can torment him like a cat does with a mouse.

Is Mike going to take the Germans to Tijuana?
Mike said 8 months and there were dates on Jimmy's parole reports. I'm assuming they'll match up. Something like April 2003 to Jan 2004.

Another episode with lots to unpack even though not a ton is happening.

Kim is clearly getting pulled in by Jimmy. She hardly seemed phased when she found out he was selling the cell phones. You'd think that'd be a big breach of trust. Then to have the prosecutor call Jimmy a scumbag loser and then Kim hatching an idea to get Hule off. I'm guessing this is when we finally start to see Jimmy's bad influence rub off and Kim's downfall begins. She's gonna disgrace herself or do something that she feels immense guilt over and then do something to jeopardize her job at the new law firm.

I'm curious where the Mike and the Germans story is going. I don't think them building the meth lab is on its own important. It's a story that just doesn't need to be told. So I have to believe that there is something more coming here. The Germans or the lab or Gale, something has to bring this story forward and let us finally have the "aha" moment when we see why they've spent so much time on something so inconsequential. There's no way the whole storyline is just fan service and they'll get to the end and all we got out of it is that the meth lab is built, Mike made a friend and some of the workers are dbags.

One thing that's interesting about the Kim/Jimmy dynamic is that they seem more like friends than a couple in love. The show never shows them being overly affectionate, I can't ever recall them saying "i love you" to each other. It's to the point where I'm not even sure if they're supposed to be in a romantic relationship. They're like roomates that sleep in the same bed. If they didn't show us them sleeping in the same bed, I actually would have just assumed they were nothing more than roommates. I think Jimmy putting her toothpaste on for her was about the most couply thing they've done.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 09-18-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #926
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

This phone angle has done nothing for me and has really stalled out the second half of the season in my opinion. I think the big split with Kim and Jimmy is just around the corner, and Jimmy is doomed to embrace the Saul persona full time by season's end. Hopefully this unfolds in a more entertaining way for me than the last few episodes have.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:05 PM   #927
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone else was trying to figure out where they heard that intro song before.

Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 12:29 AM   #928
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm curious where the Mike and the Germans story is going. I don't think them building the meth lab is on its own important. It's a story that just doesn't need to be told. So I have to believe that there is something more coming here. The Germans or the lab or Gale, something has to bring this story forward and let us finally have the "aha" moment when we see why they've spent so much time on something so inconsequential. There's no way the whole storyline is just fan service and they'll get to the end and all we got out of it is that the meth lab is built, Mike made a friend and some of the workers are dbags.
Mike has been avoiding killing anyone the entire series. Either the one D-bag forces his hand, or perhaps Fring will want all the diggers executed at the end of the job.

The wrap up of this story line may have him facing a hard choice.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 05:18 AM   #929
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

My bet is that they all die and that Mike killing the old German guy, who's a pseudo friend, is the last line he crosses to be all in.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #930
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Kim is clearly getting pulled in by Jimmy. She hardly seemed phased when she found out he was selling the cell phones. You'd think that'd be a big breach of trust. Then to have the prosecutor call Jimmy a scumbag loser and then Kim hatching an idea to get Hule off. I'm guessing this is when we finally start to see Jimmy's bad influence rub off and Kim's downfall begins. She's gonna disgrace herself or do something that she feels immense guilt over and then do something to jeopardize her job at the new law firm.
I am optimistic that this incident is her breaking point and they are done because of this and we don't see Kim go down in flames. I am hopeful that whatever alternative she was cooking up with all the markers will be legal enough that she doesn't get in trouble and uses it as the final straw to be done with Jimmy.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #931
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
Mike has been avoiding killing anyone the entire series. Either the one D-bag forces his hand, or perhaps Fring will want all the diggers executed at the end of the job.

The wrap up of this story line may have him facing a hard choice.

He killed two cops.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #932
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
He killed two cops.
That was a flashback to events that happened before the series started. And that was different. He killed them in revenge for killing his son.

Then he retired to work in a parking toll booth. He's only gotten into shady dealings to help out his daughter in law and granddaughter with money.

The first protection job he didn't even take a gun. He has generally gone way out of his way to avoid killing anyone since the revenge incident.

Clearly he still has some kind of moral code, and it might be tested with the digging story line.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #933
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
That was a flashback to events that happened before the series started. And that was different. He killed them in revenge for killing his son.

Then he retired to work in a parking toll booth. He's only gotten into shady dealings to help out his daughter in law and granddaughter with money.

The first protection job he didn't even take a gun. He has generally gone way out of his way to avoid killing anyone since the revenge incident.

Clearly he still has some kind of moral code, and it might be tested with the digging story line.
I think it's a bit more complicated than that.

Mike isn't a psycho killer, but he will rock and roll if it's called for. The reason he didn't bring the gun was because he had done the scouting to determine he wouldn't need one.

He has a code obviously but what we're seeing from Saul that we didn't necessarily see in BB is that Mike's code is informed by him being a very intelligent pragmatist. He doesn't kill Tuco because of the blowback it would create, but is more than ready to commit a premeditated murder on Hector and actually spends weeks planning it out.

If the Germans somehow risk exposing Mike, or Gus, or otherwise cross that line, Mike won't take any half measures.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #934
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't make up my mind on whether I find Kim attractive or not lol...
Manhattanboy is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #935
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Can't make up my mind on whether I find Kim attractive or not lol...
She's a babe.

Great legs.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #936
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Nachos goin’ to Winnipeg!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2018, 08:33 PM   #937
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

So, Kim is an adrenaline junkie.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:48 PM   #938
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
So, Kim is an adrenaline junkie.
That’s what it is right? Instead of her enabling Jimmy, I think it’s him enabling her.

Curious about the Mesa Verde scene. It was weird. Kevin seemed sketchy and It felt like Kim was lying? She being reckless? Telling them no on a whim.

I wonder if her firm finds out she used 3 associates to defend Huel’s case instead of making MV happy if she finds herself in trouble.

Is this Salamanca guy brand new? I don’t seem to recall him in BB.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:08 AM   #939
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nachos goin’ to Winnipeg!
and Papa Nachos!

I'm pretty sure they will fit in better at Portage la prairie.

Where can we hire housekeepers like Nacho's?
Old 09-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #940
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Is this Salamanca guy brand new? I don’t seem to recall him in BB.
I thought this was going to be the other Don we've seen before, the one with the pool. But I'm pretty sure this is a new Salamanca we haven't seen.

This was a good payoff to the phone stuff that had been dragging for me. And it was an interesting turn to see Kim being the adrenaline junky as troutman pointed out. I thought the associates but was great, but it was just the tip of the iceberg.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman