Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Floor mats for cars?

Just saw a commercial for WeatherTech floor mats, I made me think about getting floor mats for our new van. I don't want to spend $500 on them though, any recommendations on good quality floor mats that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've yet to find something in the same vein as weathertech. They do fit like a glove. Great fitting but I'm the first to admit I was a bit disappointed in the material they use. A bit more plasticy than I was expecting.

I was going to suggest just getting the front ones but as you bought a van I'm assuming you have kids? If so, guess the back ones would be the important ones. But they are a good product. Well worth it if you want to keep your interior in good shape.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always go for westhertech. Pricey but a fantastic product. Although I'll echo GoinAllTheWay's thoughts about them being a little too plasticy. Not the most beautiful things
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:56 PM   #4
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I have WeatherTech and they do fit perfectly. My friend who owns a parts store has Husky Liners in his vehicles, so I'd consider that a trustworthy endorsement.

https://www.huskyliners.com/
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

$500 for after market floor mats? I thought my factory Q7 mats were insane at $200. They are super high quality though.

Have you got a quote from the dealer?
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 PM   #6
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't even tried the dealer yet, will ask about it on Monday when I get my tires changed over.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
Nancy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Weathertech sells two product lines, floor mats and floor liners. The floor mats are basically equivalent to OEM floor mats, and cover the bottom of the footwells. The floor liners are an upgrade from there, they are generally larger and generally extend up the sides of the footwalls, all the way up to the door jambs. I was looking for floor mats for my 10 year old minivan last month, and Weathertech floormats were about $180 for the front two rows vs. almost $500 for the floor liners. I couldn't find OEM floor mats for the vehicle as it was too old, and universal floor mats do not fit well, so I ordered the $180 floor mats... still waiting for them to arrive, though!
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:44 PM   #8
Bluestu
Draft Pick

I bought the husky liners when I got the new truck. They have 2 types, the weather beater & the x-act contour. The x-act are similar to the weathertech that I have had previously, but didn't like for the reasons mentioned above. I am happy with the weather beater though. They are a heavy rubber, and will fit with existing OEM mounting clips.
Bluestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #9
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Weathertech. From eBay though
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:54 PM   #10
Bend it like Bourgeois
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got max spider car mats from a website called parts engine for less than $200 delivered.

Seem good to me, though I guess I dont have a comparison. I’ve had them 3yearsand no problems so far.
Bend it like Bourgeois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #11
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have both Weathertech and Husky liners in my vehicle. I can tell you the weathertech liners are much nicer than the Husky ones. The plastic seems more supple and flexible, whereas the Huskys are of a seemingly cheaper hard plastic. Their rigidness makes them not fit as well.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:18 AM   #12
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Agree with the above. I've got the Huskies in the truck and had Weathertechs in the car. I actually like the harder plastic in the truck as it holds it's shape better which I find better for spills and melting snow). In general I'd probably give a slight edge to WeatherTech but both are good and a huge upgrade over OEM if you go with the full liners.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:27 AM   #13
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bend it like Bourgeois View Post
I got max spider car mats from a website called parts engine for less than $200 delivered.

Seem good to me, though I guess I dont have a comparison. I’ve had them 3yearsand no problems so far.
You can get the Maxpider online at Costco as well. I really like them because they don't look quite as industrial as the Weathertech mats. Plus with Costco it is a no risk purchase. If you don't like them or they don't fit right you can return them. If they don't last as long as you hoped you can return them as well.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #14
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I love my husky weatherbeaters.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #15
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Why don't you just take an hour out of your day everyday to clean your car like us normal CP folk?

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had ordered some for my old Subaru Impreza a couple of years ago.

The front floor mats fit really well, however I was disappointed with how bad the fit was for the rear floor mats. They didn't really conform to the rear very well at all.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #17
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you want to save some money you could make your own cargo liner buy getting some of those interlock foam rubber squares from Walmart. You can cut them pretty tightly to fit your cargo area.

Once trimmed fit better than a liner or so for a pack of 4. I can’t recall what f they are 24 x24 or bigger.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:16 AM   #18
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also,, if you don't have hundreds of dollars to drop on rubber mats for some reason, you can just buy some at Canadian Tire or Walmart for like $50...
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #19
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

about 6 years ago i got weathertech for my wife's car and my old truck - we're very happy with both.

when i got my 'new' truck last year i looked into new floor mats since the stock chevy ones didn't do much. i'm on a truck forum and checked there to see what people recommended and it sounds like weathertech has really gone down hill in the last few years with their quality.

on the truck forum, the resounding opinion was either the upgraded chevy liners or husky. no one really recommended weathertech and a number of the guys that had purchased weathertech had returned them

i ended up going with the higher end chevy liners (that cover waaaaay more of the floor over the stock liners) and i'm very happy with them. i've also seen the husky liners and they are a really good quality liner
Old 12-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #20
BigNumbers
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wife has a 2018 Odyssey Touring for shuttling the kids around. Put in the Weathertechs, they are great.

Would have done Husky liners, but they weren't out 3 months ago when I put them in.

Did 1st and 2nd Row Weathertechs for her.
BigNumbers is offline   Reply With Quote