Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #2381
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You know when you go to the bar, and you see the hottest woman there, and you actually screw up the courage to go and talk to her, and she's sexy and amazing and smart, and oyu somehow manage to get her to go home with you. And everything goes well, and then you wake up in the morning and look at her and she's perfect looking and not snoring.
No.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #2382
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Obiter 9 was actually an interesting movie i thought... worthwhile to check out if you are a fan of the genre...

with Netflix expanding into other territories, i am also fascinated on what these other regions develop as original content. Orbiter 9 looked to be a Brazillian production so it was interesting to watch a slightly different take on things.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #2383
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think this perfectly sums up Batman: Ninja.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #2384
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

New Matt Groening series Disenchantment premieres Aug 17.

Quote:
The first 10 episodes will debut on Aug. 17. The series takes place in the crumbling medieval kingdom of Dreamland. It follows the misadventures of hard-drinking young princess Bean, her feisty elf companion Elfo, and her personal demon Luci. Along the way, the oddball trio will encounter ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools. Netflix previously gave the series a 20-episode order.

The series will feature the voice talents of Abbi Jacobson as Bean, Nat Faxon as Elfo, and Eric Andre as Luci. Other voice talent includes John DiMaggio, Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, David Herman–all of whom have worked with Groening in the past–as well as Matt Berry, Jeny Batten, Rich Fulcher, Noel Fielding, and Lucy Montgomery. Animation is being done by Rough Draft Studios, the same studio did the animation for Groening’s “Futurama.”
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/matt...te-1202819643/
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #2385
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kind of a Simpsons-esque version of “Adventure Time!”? Or closer to Futurama?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #2386
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn I miss Futurama.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #2387
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Finally! The Happy Little Elves show we've all been waiting for!
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:59 PM   #2388
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Swift View Post
Geniuses? Not in the slightest. If the bank heist had actually gone off without a hitch, they'd have come out with $8k split between them all. On top of that, from what the documentary portrayed, the only reason they came to the attention of the police is because one of the geniuses calls the cops to report a crime committed by another member of the gang.

Can someone explain the scavenger hunt aspect of this? Why go to all that trouble with the instructions when ideally you'd just want the pizza guy to bring the money to you and not have him blown up somewhere along the way? The doc touched on the fact that Wells liked doing scavenger hunts but presumably this was just a coincidence as these guys wouldn't have known that. Also why even go to all this trouble with building a bomb, finding a patsy and coming up with these convoluted instructions when it seems like it would've been a hell of a lot easier to have one of the conspirators commit the crime with a ski mask?

A lot of unexplained things here and I'm not sure the documentary came to a satisfying conclusion.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:37 PM   #2389
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Season 2 of The Toys That Made Us is out. 4 more episodes. Star Trek, Transformers, Lego and Hello Kitty.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #2390
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Damn I miss Futurama.
Its kind of funny, I watched the Simpsons as a kid, but the more you watch it the more you really understand that it was never really a TV show for kids, but older kids/young adults.

Then as our generation grew up we kind of outgrew the Simpsons in terms of maturity and thats why you tend to see a lot of longtime Simpsons viewers no longer watching.

But then Futurama was introduced and it was as though it was a sequel for the Simpsons. An edgier show evolving for a maturing audience.

Its a shame it was canceled.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #2391
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're really enjoying Safe, with all the plot twists.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:03 PM   #2392
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Season 2 of The Toys That Made Us is out. 4 more episodes. Star Trek, Transformers, Lego and Hello Kitty.
I just started watching this last night. The Star Wars one was great but I found the Barbie one extremely boring.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:29 PM   #2393
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I actually liked the Barbie one but only when they got into the criminal charges against the CEO.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #2394
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hadn't head of that one yet but the Lego episode was fantastic.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:57 PM   #2395
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I watched half of the Making of Funko today. Another good Netflix documentary about the toy industry.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:23 PM   #2396
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unbreakable, they alive dammit!
Old 06-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #2397
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Watched the first three episodes of Wild Wild Country about the Rajneesh cult's move to rural Oregon and conflict with the locals. Pretty gripping stuff. I had some knowledge of how these sorts of cults work from another documentary, the Source. But the Rajneesh were/are on another level. They built a town from scratch in a couple months, employing only their own architects, planners, and labour. So weird to see so many intelligent professionals embrace this kind of bonkers community. Never occurs to them to wonder why their guru wears diamond-studded jewellery and owns 50 rolls royces.

On a personal note, as I watched the documentary I realized this was the same movement/cult that a close friend from college had talked about in the early 90s. Her dad was a senior member of Rajneesh, and her sister and brother joined too. They went to India for several months a year to live in the original ashram in Pune. My friend wasn't a member, but she did wear a watch with Osho's face on it. So bizarre.

Spoiler!
The wife and I watched 4 episodes yesterday and finished the final two today. I knew nothing about this before but it was pretty freaking fascinating.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:02 PM   #2398
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Wild Wild Country seemed captivating but started off pretty slow. I guess I'll give it another go after the comments in here.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #2399
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh. Why do we need to force companies for CanCon? Let people work on it and have it stand on its own. I shouldn't have to subsidize terrible content with subscription fees to things like Netflix for this stuff.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stre...ting-1.4692424

Quote:
The country's rules around broadcasting and telecommunications are set to undergo a sweeping review as the Liberals look to cut the price of mobile phone plans and force streaming services to lend more help to Canadian content.

An expert panel will have the next year and a half to help modernize the country's broadcasting regulations to respond to growing concerns about an uneven playing field between domestic providers and online streaming giants like Netflix and Spotify.

The panel will craft recommendations on a new mandate for CBC/Radio-Canada with a view to keeping future governments from slashing its public funding. It will also revamp the role and powers of the national broadcast regulator and focus on net neutrality, say the panel's terms of reference posted to a government website.
Quote:
"There is an opportunity to consider whether there are new ways that Canadian content creation, distribution and discovery in both official languages can be supported in this new digital communications environment," the document said.

"However, the government is not interested in an approach that increases the cost of services to Canadians."
Yes. Because I am sure doing one won't force the other.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 02:08 PM   #2400
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kind of wish there was some more Canadian content on Netflix, actually. They seemed to really load up Netflix with a lot of throwaway British stuff.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote