Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #41
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/05...ting-oh-oh-no/
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:42 PM   #42
vanisleflamesfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
If you're going to make a crass joke, next time try and make it funny.

Oooh... touchy, touchy, thin-skinned conservative.

I actually thought it WAS funny to suggest that this crack-smoking former drug dealer who ran on virtually no platform other than 'guh... elites bad uh...' and 'duh... carbon tax bad (drool)' would try to legalize crack.

These types of corrupt-to-the-core cons usually try to create legal headway for their illegalities of choice. And D. Ford's illegalities of choice just happen to revolve around drugs.

*Incidentally: "try TO" not "try AND".

Last edited by vanisleflamesfan; 03-13-2018 at 07:44 PM.
vanisleflamesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #43
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wasn't Rob Ford the one with drug and alcohol problems who was caught smoking crack while Doug has kept himself clean other than an accusation he sold hash in the 80s?

My Grandma will be very happy with Doug Ford winning the PC leadership but I feel really bad for the Ontario voters. Such a pathetic line up of parties/leaders they have to choose from.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:17 AM   #44
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanisleflamesfan View Post

I actually thought it WAS funny to suggest that this crack-smoking former drug dealer who ran on virtually no platform other than 'guh... elites bad uh...' and 'duh... carbon tax bad (drool)' would try to legalize crack.

These types of corrupt-to-the-core cons usually try to create legal headway for their illegalities of choice. And D. Ford's illegalities of choice just happen to revolve around drugs.

didn't say I supported the guy nor did I say I was some sort of grammar queen. just thought your joke was lame.

amazing that having an opinion on one post makes someone a crying Britney, or a supporter of one side or the other.

doesn't really matter. everyone in Ontario is screwed, having to basically choose between Ford and Wynne.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #45
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Couldn't find an Ontario politics thread, so figured this should go here.

Ford used paid actors to pose as supporters at the debate - http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...ters-1.4653301
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2018, 05:22 PM   #46
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Changed the thread title.

If Ford was dumb enough to put out a casting call for actors that is ridiculous. If anyone in his inner circle was that dumb they need to be put out to pasture.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:51 PM   #47
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

The PC's started with a big lead but Ford got owned in the debate and keeps screwing up and Wynne is hated by just about everyone. I think by the time voting day rolls around we will see an NDP majority, most people I talk to can't bring themselves to vote for either of the other two.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:14 PM   #48
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
The PC's started with a big lead but Ford got owned in the debate and keeps screwing up and Wynne is hated by just about everyone. I think by the time voting day rolls around we will see an NDP majority, most people I talk to can't bring themselves to vote for either of the other two.
Nobody thinks that Ford got owned in the debate.

Wynne and Horwath didn't land any solid punches, and they're going to need a lot more then that at the moment.

Wynne is finished, the Liberals are headed for third party standing. But Horwath is pretty terrible, all three of them are. but I figure that this is going to be a Conservative Minority.

Even the Toronto Star which is notoriously Left centric, said that except for Ford being stiff and his comment on Wynne's smile with stood the tag team attack well.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:17 PM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Break down by the Ottawa Citizen

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/col...analysts-think

Old 05-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #50
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't vote in the election, which kind of sucks. I am technically a resident of Quebec but I spend 90% of my time in Ontario and run my business in Ontario.

I guess I will just watch the show and see what happens. I really wanted to vote PC this time around, although I don't like Doug Ford. But at this point, anything has to be better than Wynne. I don't think it would surprise too many people that I am a liberal person and tend to vote Liberal when I vote, but she is just so out of touch with business and most of her decisions seem more about buying votes from low hanging fruit. I supported her before, but I feel she has had too much rope and it is time to real in the Liberal party again.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:24 PM   #51
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

You mixed up the brothers, dummy. Your guy has been dead for two years. The fact that you did that while also trying to insult two different people for being stupid is just beautiful.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiracSpike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #52
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This kind of made me laugh

https://globalnews.ca/news/4196280/o...t-leader-poll/

Quote:
Three-quarters of voters in the Ontario election say they wish there were different party leaders to vote for in the upcoming June election, according to a recent Ipsos poll.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #53
CorbeauNoir
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Mock a candidate through his dead relative's addiction when he put up the effort to get himself clean. Enable junkies to perpetually remain junkies by promoting unconditional injection sites. The 'progressive' mind strikes again.
CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #54
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Nobody thinks that Ford got owned in the debate.

Wynne and Horwath didn't land any solid punches, and they're going to need a lot more then that at the moment.

Wynne is finished, the Liberals are headed for third party standing. But Horwath is pretty terrible, all three of them are. but I figure that this is going to be a Conservative Minority.

Even the Toronto Star which is notoriously Left centric, said that except for Ford being stiff and his comment on Wynne's smile with stood the tag team attack well.
Except they did, he came across as a bumbling idiot who couldn't answer any of the questions about where he was making his cuts and where he is actually getting his dollars from. Combine that with the fact his party hired actors to cheer for him and also have hired their own reporters to interview him and people don't trust anything he says. Wynne is finished, I agree there. What you will see though is people who have traditionally voted Liberal which is a large base of Ontario are going to throw their vote behind Horwath this time around because her platform is close to their own parties and because they don't want Ford and his PC's in. I think the Liberals are going to finish lower than any of the big three have in voting history because their supporters are going to throw their support to the NDP.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:05 AM   #55
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You can say the same for the feds too.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sure, and I have

Old 05-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #57
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quality candidate
https://twitter.com/user/status/994212985131413504

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #58
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Bump, because this is an important election, in terms of the Federal Government potentially losing an ally

So a few titles here

https://globalnews.ca/news/4208537/o...als-anti-ford/

Quote:
he NDP’s Andrea Horwath is jumping ahead of Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals one week into the 2018 Ontario Election.
According to an Ipsos poll conducted exclusively for Global News, the NDP is gaining ground with 35 per cent of respondents saying they would vote for Horwath’s party – that’s up six points from last week’s polling. The Liberals would only garner 22 per cent, down four percentage points from last week.

Most of the bleeding came from the Liberals to the NDP or Greens as the Libs dropped 6 points, the NDP jumped 4 points and the green jumped a few points. The Conservatives are still sitting in majority territory without much bleed after the first debate.

Because of this, Wynee is now going after the Provincial NDP.

NDP release their platform

https://globalnews.ca/news/4209337/n...stern-ontario/

Honestly don't know how they're going to pay for those promises.

Coalition analysis

http://www.macleans.ca/politics/is-i...ever-too-soon/

Honestly any talk of a coalition that gives the Liberals any kind of power in the new government would pretty much kill the NDP, and give the Cons a huge weapon

News at the worst time, Hydro One concludes the pay review ordered by Wynne and the board gives themselves hefty raises

https://globalnews.ca/news/4208781/w...ario-election/

Old 05-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #59
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly don't know how they're going to pay for those promises.
Haha, they don't care about such trivialities.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:18 AM   #60
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Haha, they don't care about such trivialities.
Nobody does. It is B.S., nobody is paying back anything and everyone is in debt. Canada is billions in debt and growing, it isn't ever being payed off. The U.S. is trillions in debt, it is never being payed off. The whole debt thing is just a political tool, it means nothing.