Franchise Player

Exp:

Kellyn's Ponderosa:

WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #282
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Am I the only one who didn’t know Jenna and Sebastian are dating?
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #283
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Am I the only one who didn’t know Jenna and Sebastian are dating?

It came up on reddit some time after the season started, but I don't think a lot of people know anyways.

Bradley and Kellyn are dating too and so are Michael and Libby.

A pair from season 37 outed themselves as a couple on instagram not too long ago. They could be in trouble, either through a fine and/or a non-existent edit.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #284
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Bradley and Kellyn are dating too
Hunh...now there's a couple I'd not have seen as being a couple.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #285
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
It came up on reddit some time after the season started, but I don't think a lot of people know anyways.

Bradley and Kellyn are dating too and so are Michael and Libby.

A pair from season 37 outed themselves as a couple on instagram not too long ago. They could be in trouble, either through a fine and/or a non-existent edit.
Michael and Libby are "close friends" as they live too far or something but "emotional feelings" exist.

Wasn't Kellyn and Bradley's just based off one picture?
Old 05-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #286
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Michael and Libby are "close friends" as they live too far or something but "emotional feelings" exist.

Wasn't Kellyn and Bradley's just based off one picture?

You're right about Michael and Libby, after searching back on reddit. It's complicated between them.

Bradley/Kellyn picture:
https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/co...official_yall/

It was known for a while that these two were dating, one of them confirmed it on a live instagram chat or something earlier this season. This is actually a pretty fitting couple - they're both equally neurotic and crazy.

Last edited by mile; 05-21-2018 at 04:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #287
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to admit...I chuckled... (pic under tag)

Spoiler!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #288
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don’t know if they’re the dumbest players ever but they’re definitely the most followers ever. I stopped watching B.B. because of this crap and showmances too, and this season had many of those.

Ps,Kevin Hart is not funny.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 10:51 PM   #289
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

That finale moved that season up in my books, just because the end was unpredictable (well, once the vote tied, it was obvious).

I wish Dom won but Wendell is a good winner
Old 05-23-2018, 11:35 PM   #290
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty pathetic season for me...two players who wanted to win and ridiculously predictable
Old 05-24-2018, 12:00 AM   #291
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Pretty pathetic season for me...two players who wanted to win and ridiculously predictable
kinda agree and I'm not sure why nobody didn't make a move earlier on the power couple there. Laurel missed her chance for a big play when there were still 7 Survivors left I think. I also think the premise Ghost Island was not great from the get-go.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:28 AM   #292
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap, tie vote! Loved the idea to read the votes right away, especially since it was a tie! That elevates the season a little more for me.

If Angela didn't blow up SeaBass' plans, it might have been a completely different game. Was also kinda hoping Dom would actually give up his immunity and did fire, it was getting predictable up to that point.

I think Dom had the best final tribal performance...came across as the most passionate and real of the three IMO. Seemed like he wanted it more than the other two.

Wendall giving the idol to Laurel secured him the win. A pointless move at the time turns out to not be so pointless after all.

Hope next season is better.

Kevin Hart looks high as a kite in this crappy reunion show. Why bother having everyone back if you don't talk to them?

Last edited by mile; 05-24-2018 at 12:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #293
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't watched the finale yet, but I hear it's a doozy!

Wendell being Sole Survivor means that surferguy and csnarpy split Pool A's virtual million and bragging rights, while Cheese and Yoho split Pool B's virtual million and bragging rights!

Congrats, you four!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #294
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Holy crap, tie vote! Loved the idea to read the votes right away, especially since it was a tie! That elevates the season a little more for me.

If Angela didn't blow up SeaBass' plans, it might have been a completely different game. Was also kinda hoping Dom would actually give up his immunity and did fire, it was getting predictable up to that point.

I think Dom had the best final tribal performance...came across as the most passionate and real of the three IMO. Seemed like he wanted it more than the other two.

Wendall giving the idol to Laurel secured him the win. A pointless move at the time turns out to not be so pointless after all.

Hope next season is better.

Kevin Hart looks high as a kite in this crappy reunion show. Why bother having everyone back if you don't talk to them?
I totally agree with you about the lack of a reunion show. Why call it a reunion show when half of it is still the regular show with final tribal council, and then the other half a promo for Kevin Hart's new show. Pathetic. I wish they would have had a 2.5 hour final episode and then a full hour, real reunion show, complete with interviews of pretty much everyone (except usually the first couple people voted out).

Overall, I did enjoy the season and am looking forward to doing this again in the fall. Thanks WhiteTiger for organizing it again!
rumy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #295
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Reunion shows used to be good, not sure what happened
Old 05-24-2018, 01:24 PM   #296
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's to bad the editors know who is going to win. I think we'd get a more diverse view, rather than focusing on a few people if they were editing as it went along. It's always revealing on the mid-season episodes when you see a few people you don't even recognize because they have gotten no camera time, so you know they are gone soon. It makes their eliminations not very meaningful becuase we don't even know who they are.

Alternatively, they could focus on the ones they know are getting eliminated, let the audience get a bit attached, so we get more variety than just watching the Dom and Wendell show. This season felt particularly bad for that. I'm sure those 2, Donathon and Laurel had the vast majority of screen time, even early on.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #297
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Alternatively, they could focus on the ones they know are getting eliminated, let the audience get a bit attached, so we get more variety than just watching the Dom and Wendell show. This season felt particularly bad for that. I'm sure those 2, Donathon and Laurel had the vast majority of screen time, even early on.
That's something I was wondering about, too. They have tons of footage. They know who's going to win. Why give us the "Railroad Express"...why not make us work for it. Show a lot more plots and scheming (there has to be more than what we do see).

Craft us a narrative that leaves us guessing, instead of spoon-feeding.
Old 05-25-2018, 09:14 PM   #298
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alrighty, I have seen the finale now.

Well, it was pretty decent. Still very by the numbers, though.

I think that Dom's only shot at winning with the Final Four that he had would have been to give his Immunity to Angela and hope that she took Laurel to the F3 as a favor to him. He could have beat either of the two of them easily enough without Wendell around.

I was a little surprised at how bitter Sebastian was, but then he did diddly squat the entire season, and got bluffed like a complete chump. He also seemed like he was as high as a kite.

Micheal really impressed me this year. I'd like to see him back.

Kevin Hart's new show is a re-tread of "Wipeout".

My disappointment with the "reunion" show continues to grow. There was nothing "reunion" about it at all this year. Didn't even TRY to make an effort.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 05-25-2018 at 09:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #299
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's the last trio of Ponderosa's

Sebastian:

Donathan:

Angela:
I can't seem to find one for her
Old 05-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #300
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I was surprised by the jurors.

SeaBass came off like the most pathetic type of reality contestant, and Chris has come off pretty well since leaving the show. Taking their game play in isolation its not what I would have expected.

I also wonder if the editing was a little one sided this season because by day 20, Dom was the only interesting character left on the island.

I did end up liking Dom more than I expected, possibly because I had a routing interest, possibly because he was getting all of the edits. Thought he deserved the win for most of the season, but Wendall put in the work in the last episode, buttering up at least 3 people for votes with food and immunity, those were probably his best noncompetition moves the whole game.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote