Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #21
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Mutually exclusive terms. If a VPN is free, then you are the product and all of your internet traffic metadata is going somewhere
Or you might be allowing your computer to be part of the VPN for others to use, possibly for illegal purposes. Either way, it's a bad idea.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #22
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you are considering a VPN for torrenting, choose only one that does not in fact have logs of any sort. If you're trying to avoid an acronym governmental organization, none of them, by themselves, are any good. I'm assuming your uses are relatively benign.

Express VPN has been excellent for me - can generally switch to the US or UK Netflix without issue (I consider this benign). When it doesn't work with EVPN I also use NordVPN for that - seems to generally work well also. Both are paid options. Both have router-based files you can load if that's your thing. Both have iOS versions as well - useful when using hotspots.

A good reference location is Torrent Freak or https://thatoneprivacysite.net/choos...t-vpn-for-you/

The latter is non-affiliated and is pretty good.
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote