Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #1441
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
10mg cap? Stupid.
Not enough? Why not eat two?
TheIronMaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 11:59 AM   #1442
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Yeah, coach, is it possible you have an unusually high tolerance for edibles? 10mg per item seems reasonable. I mean, you could always eat two cookies if you want more.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 PM   #1443
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think there is a lot of variance in how people react to edibles. I've given up on edibles a while ago, I have to eat so much it isn't affordable. A 10mg just means I wake up the next day a little buzzed, but I 'd catch a nice buzz if I smoked the equivalent.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #1444
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I think there is a lot of variance in how people react to edibles. I've given up on edibles a while ago, I have to eat so much it isn't affordable. A 10mg just means I wake up the next day a little buzzed, but I 'd catch a nice buzz if I smoked the equivalent.
I agree. I find them too inconsistent. One day take a dose and get a great buzz. Another day same dose and barely any buzz. For me at least it seems like they are very dependent on what I have eaten that day prior to taking them. I would rather not have to set aside a special meal plan around getting high so smoking works better for me.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:22 PM   #1445
Old Yeller
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought I was the only one who had some weird edible tolerance.

A buddy made some banana bread and told me one slice just completely messed him up, he gave me half a loaf. I ate the entire half loaf and didn't feel high at all... just a little gross from eating a half loaf of god damned banana bread.

Edit: Does this mean hash is going to be legal at the same time as edibles?
Old Yeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 01:28 PM   #1446
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
10mg cap? Stupid.
A 10mg candy will send most normal people to the moon for several hours.

If you are likewise a tank like myself, have more. I've never had a night ruined by sub 50 mg edibles, but all of my worst weed experiences involve 100+ mg death traps from BC. Too much of a good thing is real.

That said, it's fun to go over the line in a controlled environment. I've always believed we all have the same edible story where we 'took a little bit, waiting, nothing happened, finished the whole cookie, and then I was outside my own body counting my nipple hairs for two hours' because it's an experience that we all want, even if we don't admit it.

Also, the absolute best product on the market right now is Unplug oil from Solei. 10mg/ml oil, comes in 30ml bottles and it's $23-26 depending on location. Will get you as high or not high as you want. Cannot recommend it enough, especially vs these ridiculous 40+ mg/ml bottles I'm seeing for over a hundred bucks.

Last edited by GreenLantern2814; 06-14-2019 at 01:30 PM.
GreenLantern2814 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 02:20 PM   #1447
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I think I’m one of the edible anomalies as well. I’ve ingested full 75mg candies on my own wand felt nothing.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #1448
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I think I’m one of the edible anomalies as well. I’ve ingested full 75mg candies on my own wand felt nothing.
That's nucking futs. I would hate to do that much.

You may want to be careful with how casually you are recommending high dosages to people, though. I think you're underestimating how crappy a high dose of edibles can make someone feel. And it lasts soooo long.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 04:12 PM   #1449
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I like to have 4 pretzels (3mg) each and a Ginger Ale (10 mg). That gives me a nice buzz, that I will supplement later with another 10 - 15 mg 3 or 4 hours later
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #1450
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwingfan View Post
I like to have 4 pretzels (3mg) each and a Ginger Ale (10 mg). That gives me a nice buzz, that I will supplement later with another 10 - 15 mg 3 or 4 hours later
That's pretty much my dosage as well. I consider myself an 'expert' user. Good tolerance and well educated over the years about marijuana and it's effects. But edibles are a whole new ball game. To me it's almost like a completely different drug. It's a fine line between a good high, and a bad trip. Some of those edibles you can buy online have such a high THC content, it blows my mind people can eat an entire one.

I used to buy these chocolates fron an online dispensary.
Spoiler!

These f'ing things have 300 mg of THC in them. I would eat 1 triangle, then a 2nd one two hours later. Those 2 triangles was exactly the right dosage for someone with as high a tolerance as me and with my experience. I can only imagine someone buying this and eating half, thinking they are actually taking it easy ''only eating half''.

I've seen little mini cupcakes with 150 THC. I eat 1/4, and that's more then enough for me. It's insane how much THC content these things have. Even something like a couple 5mg gummy worms are strong enough. I can eat half a bucket of regular candy gummy worms in one night. I can only imagine that somewhere in the world, some people have eaten that same amount of THC infused gummies.

I was onboard with legalization. But I always figured it's not the smokers the anti-legal crowd are going to get riled up about. It's actually the edible crowd that is going to turn heads.

We really haven't heard that much about any negative effects from legalization since it came into effect. But down the road when edibles become available, I can totally see it becoming a front-line issue when stories of people taking too much and how it's ''not like smoking'' become the topic of the day.

Edibles are a whole new ball game. 10mg is a reasonable cap. Because that's probably the dosage a normal person can take to feel the effects, and yet not be completely useless if they can't handle it.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 06-14-2019 at 05:04 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 PM   #1451
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

You may want to be careful with how casually you are recommending high dosages to people, though. I think you're underestimating how crappy a high dose of edibles can make someone feel. And it lasts soooo long.
Yeah it’s strange. I wouldnnt ever recommend something like that no, but yeah based on that I was thinking 20-30 would be kind of a normal dose for someone who has smoked a decent amount. 10 seemed like a starting dosage to me, but thinking about it like booze, that probably makes more sense.

I was thinking g more about full chocolate bars that are 100mg, but in 10 pieces. They are just nice alternative items I think. I mean, you can kill yourself with a relatively easy to obtain amount of alcohol.

Anyways, yeah my tolerance for edibles has thrown my perspective. It’s weird cuz I feel it smoking and vaping pretty easily, and have had drinks that worked. I wish the edibles worked better for me.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:18 PM   #1452
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I was reading the other day that for a lethal dose to occur in a 200lb male 50% of the time, he would have to ingest 60000mg of THC. This was on the low end. 120000 on the high end.

So yeah, if you eat 300mg and think you might die relax and go to bed.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:43 AM   #1453
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

is the 10mg going to be per piece or per package then? previous to it being legal I got gummies from MOM. They usually had ~100-120mg/package with either 10 x 10mg, 20 x 5mg, or 4 x 30mg gummies. It really wouldn't surprise me if come December we have to go into the store and buy 10 boxes of individually wrapped gummies with how much waste the government seems to enjoy with regard to packaging.
Swarly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:55 AM   #1454
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post

Haha yeah, can't even believe some of the THC #s being casually thrown around on the Twitters as well. I have a very strong tolerance after all these years and have had medicinal (which is super strong in a lot of cases) the past few years, and I wouldn't touch some of these super strong edibles being mentioned...people are so crazy lol.

I'm so glad I don't have an addictive, "all in" high risk mentality many seem to. Yeah I'm concerned there's going be some serious blowback as well once this comes out, from dummies who don't know what they're doing consuming WAY too much in edible form and having a brutal experience from it. Better not affect the legality of it overall due to those types going forward
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #1455
socalwingfan
Retired

Exp:

I don't know, we've had edibles since legalization and there hasn't been any blowback taht I am aware of. If anything, the edibles are flourishing at least at the dispensary i frequent
socalwingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #1456
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah I'm with Coach. Not sure why, well maybe its my years and years of cannabis use, or the fact I'm much bigger than your average dude, but edibles seem weak to me. I've learned that anything under 50mg is pointless (for me). A 10mg capsule is not even worth the time (for me), would be like drinking 1% beer. No I didn't actually calculate that.

Having said that, I also had 100mg capsules and they do work for sure. Though I guess that wont be a legit option when it's all said and done.

Anyways, I made cannabutter this weekend from about an ounce of weed that had been vaped in my Pax. Considering its weed I already used it came out pretty good. Used it for brownies. No idea how strong they are but decently strong I'd say.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2019, 11:09 AM   #1457
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Anyone familiar with the weedmaps app?

Seems like a great service.

https://weedmaps.com/
Old 06-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #1458
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Has there been any follow-up stories about cannabis use in Canada when going through customs? I remember a lot of discussion on here about that and there were several news stories after legalization, but that was months ago.

Any update on this issue? My wife and I were thinking of buying some capsules online, but I got all paranoid about the fact that our profile could be traceable. Has this become a real issue or it was just media hype?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:52 PM   #1459
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Yeah I'm with Coach. Not sure why, well maybe its my years and years of cannabis use, or the fact I'm much bigger than your average dude, but edibles seem weak to me. I've learned that anything under 50mg is pointless (for me). A 10mg capsule is not even worth the time (for me), would be like drinking 1% beer. No I didn't actually calculate that.

Having said that, I also had 100mg capsules and they do work for sure. Though I guess that wont be a legit option when it's all said and done.

Anyways, I made cannabutter this weekend from about an ounce of weed that had been vaped in my Pax. Considering its weed I already used it came out pretty good. Used it for brownies. No idea how strong they are but decently strong I'd say.
Tolerance is my guess. I'm a big guy too, but new to cannabis and 30mg of edibles ####s me up.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #1460
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Anyone familiar with the weedmaps app?

Seems like a great service.

https://weedmaps.com/
I used it for the first time just a few weeks ago while in AB (where there's not the grey market there is here in Vancouver).

HIGHly recommend.