Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #481
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
That’s kind of the point isn’t it? MOMs are better in every conceivable way. Hard to imagine what terry could do to become my second choice again, let alone first.
My point is, they aren’t better in every way. There are a lot of good options out there still. Cheaper, and same selection.

I still firmly believe in having the Gov run it though and collect the tax. And that’s how I’ll purchase it.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #482
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Totally agree, I’m all for purchasing it legally thru LPs too. But for me it is ranked

1. LP
2. MOM
3. Not getting high
4. Scraping the resin out of my pipe in a last ditch attempt to get high

5. Terry

All LPs and MOMs are out of stock, their suppliers burnt to the ground with no sign of replenishing supply for an indefinite period of time and then I’ll consider terry again.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:37 PM   #483
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

^ Fair enough. And I agree. Except flip 3&4

I’m just saying that the black market is strong, and I know several people who see no benefit to it being legalized for them, as it would end up costing them more (for the same product, all shapes, sizes, and forms)
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #484
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Suddenly I have the urge to watch half baked.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:52 PM   #485
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hopefully AB will sign more supply deals with LPs as legalization continues. There are some really great ones that won't be part of the AB market initially.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:04 PM   #486
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
^ Fair enough. And I agree. Except flip 3&4

I’m just saying that the black market is strong, and I know several people who see no benefit to it being legalized for them, as it would end up costing them more (for the same product, all shapes, sizes, and forms)
Probably too soon to make those judgements regarding prices considering we have no idea what they will be. The existing mail options aren't really valid examples.

Considering the government stated one of the reason's to legalize is to cut out the black market, I assume prices/taxes will reflect that effort. I doubt the black market would bother absorbing much of a hit to their bottom line to become competitive, may as well switch the capital to... prostitution and gambling?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:11 PM   #487
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Probably too soon to make those judgements regarding prices considering we have no idea what they will be. The existing mail options aren't really valid examples.

Considering the government stated one of the reason's to legalize is to cut out the black market, I assume prices/taxes will reflect that effort. I doubt the black market would bother absorbing much of a hit to their bottom line to become competitive, may as well switch the capital to... prostitution and gambling?
I know exactly what they will be, high. As high as the people who buy the product. As high as they have been for the medical bud I’ve been ordering for well over a year. They will lean on Cecil’s point of the majority don’t want to use the black market. Doesn’t mean it won’t be cheaper (since they won’t be paying tax it’s pretty obvious).
Old 10-04-2018, 06:25 AM   #488
Agamemnon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I know exactly what they will be, high. As high as the people who buy the product. As high as they have been for the medical bud I’ve been ordering for well over a year. They will lean on Cecil’s point of the majority don’t want to use the black market. Doesn’t mean it won’t be cheaper (since they won’t be paying tax it’s pretty obvious).
Sorry, this is just your opinion and not based in fact. Everyone has an opinion I guess.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:30 AM   #489
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Instead of a tax you will have to pay the risk premium. THey are going to crack down hard on Terry so his price is going to go up.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:43 AM   #490
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

People are going to go to Terry about as often as they go to moonshiners.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 09:44 AM   #491
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Sorry, this is just your opinion and not based in fact. Everyone has an opinion I guess.
Fine fair enough. Let’s follow up in 2 weeks.
Calling prices will be in excess of $9/gram.

Edit: I also don’t understand how it’s just an opinion when that’s how much I pay through legal means currently. Smartest thing they can do is undercut terry for a year, eliminate them by making their product the best option financially, and then raise the prices going forward.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 10-04-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #492
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Most bud will definitely be north of $9.00 per gram. The AB average wholesale price as set by AGLC is $8.90. Most strains will probably be in the $12-$15 per gram range.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #493
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
People are going to go to Terry about as often as they go to moonshiners.
You’re comparing sticking a seed in dirt to grow a weed (suuuuppper easy) to distilling alcohol (one of the most dangerous things you can do in your home).
Old 10-04-2018, 10:12 AM   #494
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
Most bud will definitely be north of $9.00 per gram. The AB average wholesale price as set by AGLC is $8.90. Most strains will probably be in the $12-$15 per gram range.
That's insane. I'll go to Terry with those prices. He gives it to me for $3.50 a gram.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #495
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
That's insane. I'll go to Terry with those prices. He gives it to me for $3.50 a gram.
It's not insane at all. Insane is $3.50. In the mid-90s it was $15 and that was fine. $12 - $15 is perfectly affordable for most people, anyway. I like supporting local stores where people are earning an honest living, paying their taxes and contributing to society.

Terry will kick around for a couple years, but not beyond that in any meaningful way.

IDGAF about Terry, anyway. The best part of legalization is not having to worry about a possession or trafficking charge for doing something that shouldn't be "wrong" in the first place.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:32 AM   #496
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

What if Terry is one of your best friends? I would rather not give any more money to the government. It's the reason I started home brewing in the first place.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:33 AM   #497
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The interesting thing to see if and how much the AB government will undercut brick and mortar stores since they will be the only legal online shop in the province and they have the exact same inventory as the brick and mortar shops without the overhead.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:35 AM   #498
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
What if Terry is one of your best friends? I would rather not give any more money to the government. It's the reason I started home brewing in the first place.
lol, well you do you. You can't possibly think you're not in an absolute minority of people that brews their own beer while hanging out with drug dealers. If Terry was my BFF I would probably go to him, I'll give you that. Like I say, the more important thing to me with legalization is not having to worry about possession charges.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #499
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't realize the Terry Lobby was so powerful.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #500
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
lol, well you do you. You can't possibly think you're not in an absolute minority of people that brews their own beer while hanging out with drug dealers. If Terry was my BFF I would probably go to him, I'll give you that. Like I say, the more important thing to me with legalization is not having to worry about possession charges.
I was actually just chatting with some friends about legalization and we were all a little bit excited at the prospect of getting rip roaring stoned and then getting on a flight. I've never flown high.

Also the prospect of travelling in Canada with weed. Next year when I go to Montreal for the F1 race I'll be able to bring weed and get stoned before I go to the track. F1 was cool not high. It's gonna be insane when I'm stoned.