Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM   #1481
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
A little early to pass judgement, it sounds like one of the major reasons is that CPS does not have a reliable method for testing.
Right, those countless unsolved crashes caused by people who were baked... but no one will ever know!

The major reason is it was an overblown concern.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #1482
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I can’t be the only person that walks enough to notice the smell from lots of vehicles these days. Maybe the amount of high drivers is no different and people just aren’t concealing it like they used to but I walk past some fast food drive throughs daily and man there are lots of smelly vehicles.
Can't speak for everyone but I've simply rolled a joint in my living room and have people comment on the smell hours later. Some of this stuff is just pungent and lingers forever, even when not smoked.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:32 AM   #1483
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Pro tip: If you are concerned with the smell buy a thermos, a mason jar, or even better a Pelican camera case. Buy some Boveda hydrators and throw those in.

I have a Pelican and you can't smell f-all. It's also big enough to hold all my accessories.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:43 AM   #1484
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah I use mason jars and a pelican style case for storage, but if you're twisting up a couple doobs there's nothing to be done about that as far as smell goes.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 11:09 AM   #1485
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Yeah I use mason jars and a pelican style case for storage, but if you're twisting up a couple doobs there's nothing to be done about that as far as smell goes.
Doobie Tubes!

I also re-use the plastic tubes that a lot of vape pens come in. Those work really well.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 03:51 PM   #1486
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, we got ourselves the first order not bought through the ALGC or medical sites today...

How much do you guys tip Terry on the debit machine for a delivery? Springs1 never covered that.

What a world we live in BTW...
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #1487
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
Alcohol impairment and cannabis impairment are different creatures. With alcohol you want to drive aggressively and fast. After a reefer, you want to find the right tunes to play. You might miss your exit once in a while, but you probably won't kill anyone. And yes, I just smoked a reefer and no I am not driving. Maybe we need a forum stonedpuck.
Alcohol inflates your own perceptions of your abilities. That's why we all drink it before we have to speak to a woman. Mix too much with a motor vehicle and that's a recipe for disaster.

I know this drug affects everyone a little differently, but one of the effects of marijuana is generally not a loss of ability to judge spatial relationships. I can skate, I can ski, I can function at a perfectly normal level and be high. Because I practice that ####. Most people I meet are surprised to learn I smoke weed, which is always odd because I'm high most of the time. Others can't. Others take half a hit and need to lie down for an hour. If you're the latter, don't smoke and drive.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 04:38 PM   #1488
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Anyone have any experiences with using CBD oil for anxiety?
Old 08-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #1489
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Keep your expectations really low on that one. I honestly can't feel cbd do anything, although I have been mixing cbd flower with indica and vaping a bowl of that before bed and have been having the best sleeps. Not sure if cbd is contributing anything to that, but I'm using it up since I have it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #1490
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
I've found CBD to be reasonably effective for anxiety - I should probably start taking it again. I have this constant tension, almost a ringing in my ears that never quite makes a sound, that CBD just turns right down.

I really should get on it again, it's been a strange week.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #1491
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

CBD helps me with my post drinking hangover anxiety.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:39 PM   #1492
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

CBD is something that has to be done daily. Takes upwards of months to feel it kick in. This is from the fourms I’ve read and the review that seems to be consistent amongst members. The other issue is I don’t think you can buy cbd from these head shops yet? Like pure cbd with no trace of thc at all. And knowing it’s Pure?

People calling it bunk, could be sucking back cotton seed oil for all they know lol. I’m sure the user Silvers CBD is is tested in a regulated lab and is the purest form known to man kind however, and he’s ran it consistently at the appropriate dose for minimum 12 weeks

Last edited by Dube; 08-08-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Dube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #1493
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Keep your expectations really low on that one. I honestly can't feel cbd do anything, although I have been mixing cbd flower with indica and vaping a bowl of that before bed and have been having the best sleeps. Not sure if cbd is contributing anything to that, but I'm using it up since I have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube View Post
I’m sure the user Silvers CBD is is tested in a regulated lab and is the purest form known to man kind however, and he’s ran it consistently at the appropriate dose for minanum 12 weeks
I bet he doesn't finish his prescriptions either!
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:03 AM   #1494
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Not sure how long you've been using but CBD requires 2 weeks of use before you feel any benefits for mood issues. Much like anti-depressants have a 2 week trial period.

https://www.pharmacists.ca/cpha-ca/a...0Final_web.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...2018-10-10.pdf

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 08-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #1495
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Not sure how long you've been using but CBD requires 2 weeks of use before you feel any benefits for mood issues. Much like anti-depressants have a 2 week trial period.

https://www.pharmacists.ca/cpha-ca/a...0Final_web.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...2018-10-10.pdf
And besides consistency, it’s also a matter of finding what dose to take. Some folks might need just a drop or two while others may need 8. No different than anti depressants. Some folks flourish with 20mg while others do with 80.

The next big thing is how pure the CBD is. From the way the user Silver speaks however id expect his to be the best in the west.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #1496
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
I bet he doesn't finish his prescriptions either!
Not really relevant. Plenty of people don’t need to run their prescriptions thru. Something like CBD becomes part of your daily routine. It’s not fast acting and going to calm you down in a pinch like Ativan (which can be taken before a surgery for nervous people).

If you’re expecting CBD to help with anxiety days or hours before surgery you’re out to lunch.
Old 08-09-2019, 01:21 PM   #1497
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know nothing about weed but my wife has been getting some severe anxiety/panic attacks and will smoke before bed to calm her down. I have been doing some research on the positive effect of CBD oil to help treat anxiety and I am interested in getting some for her.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Can CBD oil be purchased legally yet? If so, where do I go? She saw the Dr. who is willing to help but she has no experience in this area and not sure how to write a prescription if this is available via medical means.

Also, more importantly, what concentration of CBD in mg should I get her? This info seems to be all over the place.

Thanks!
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #1498
Dube
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
I know nothing about weed but my wife has been getting some severe anxiety/panic attacks and will smoke before bed to calm her down. I have been doing some research on the positive effect of CBD oil to help treat anxiety and I am interested in getting some for her.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Can CBD oil be purchased legally yet? If so, where do I go? She saw the Dr. who is willing to help but she has no experience in this area and not sure how to write a prescription if this is available via medical means.

Also, more importantly, what concentration of CBD in mg should I get her? This info seems to be all over the place.

Thanks!
It’s all trial and error. Keep a daily log and find the “sweet spot” if things change either up or lower the dose based on history. From what I’ve read keeping on top of this is key. What works for your wife isn’t going to work for Silver
The Following User Says Thank You to Dube For This Useful Post:
MJK
Old 10-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #1499
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Pot cookies and other cannabis edibles legal as of Thursday

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sy9cci3kgLxo3I

Quote:
"Federal regulations that allow for the legal sale of cannabis edibles, extracts and topicals will come into effect on Oct. 17," the City of Calgary said in a Tuesday release.

"However, it will take time for these products to be available for sale."
In before the Scheer!
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #1500
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Pot cookies and other cannabis edibles legal as of Thursday

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...sy9cci3kgLxo3I

In before the Scheer!
So I haven't been following this super closely. Did this announcement come out of no where or was this planned? Wouldn't store have this stuff ready for sale Thursday if they knew about it?
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post: