Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #361
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I like this game more then most other because it really does a great job of exposing flaws, whether its character flaws or thought process flaws.

Hunger, fatigue and minor injuries over a long period of time with a bag of money at the end ups the paranoia and the risk versus reward decision making.

Zeke had every kind of advantage in this game including an incredible final story in front of a jury, and in the span of probably a few hours he threw it away. He became that guy that now makes your paranoia rise when he's around. It was a stupid stupid move by him and on all sides. He's now the guy that went a step too far in the game and he burned a ton of good will.

Plus his strategy exposure at tribal went too far in making him look like a cerebral threat.

Ozzy was probably the absolutely right vote though because sure he brings in the food, but he's the biggest physical threat. But if they knew that Tai was sitting on a bunch of idols they'd realize that he's smartly playing the good guy who's not a threat in the game and he's clearing the deck to the end with every week that he slides under the radar as the dupe.

I did really like the moment after Ozzy fell off of the pole, that just seemed to be a nice sportsman ship moment from a guy in Tai that honestly respects other players.

However when Andrea came off of that pole and hit the ground that way, my first thought when she first was sitting there that there was a serious ankle injury or knee injury.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 10:52 AM   #362
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Yeah Tai is in a great spot right now if he doesn't do anything stupid. He's got the idols, he's very likeable, he just needs to not get paranoid and do something foolish.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:39 PM   #363
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the double episode sending home Hali and Ozzy, from Pool A we have Rhettzky and Yoho going them. From Pool B, Surferguy hits the bench.

That was was an interesting pair of episodes. I, too, wonder what it is about Hali. She is either getting an edit where we're seeing nothing about her, or she just goes on these for the 'tropical vacation' part of it, 'cause she doesn't seem to be capable of doing pretty much anything.

Seems like Zeke started playing too hard too soon again. We'll see how that works out for him.

I've been thinking that it's not a big surprise that Ozzy went home. If I was the sort of Survivor who watched other seasons, I'd be targeting Ozzy, Micheala and Tai. They are solo immunity challenge beasts, and you want to take every opportunity you can to get rid of them (if you haven't already, by that point.)

Also, sorry for the update delay. I missed this weeks episode on Wednesday, then nipped right out of town for the weekend, where I had no real access.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #364
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post

That was was an interesting pair of episodes. I, too, wonder what it is about Hali. She is either getting an edit where we're seeing nothing about her, or she just goes on these for the 'tropical vacation' part of it, 'cause she doesn't seem to be capable of doing pretty much anything.
I read an interview where she admitted to being distracted by thoughts of home in her first season but she said this season was her playing Survivor. I don't think she should have been cast.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:52 AM   #365
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I don't know if I'd be scared to sit next to Michaela at the final tribal so far.. her social game has basically been non existent and she is one temper tantrum away from ruining her chances of winning. If Cirie keeps looking out for her though she could actually become a well rounded player, and that would be a disaster for anyone else.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #366
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

BwahahHa
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #367
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Loved seeing who got voted out. Anytime they show one group getting smug you just know something's gonna get crazy at tribal.

Looks like next week's episode is going to show it's anyone's game. Good!
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #368
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

I love plays like that. Thats why I enjoyed all stars so much; it was pure strategy and moving voting blocks. Never personal. You never knew who was voting what or where and some of the craziest tribals were on that season.

Hopefully that's where this season starts to go.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #369
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll always like Aubry for playing a part in saving us from Debbie. Twice.

That was so satisfying.

Sarah pulls the Chaos Kass flip at 11 this time, after being the victim of it the first time she played.

Last edited by mile; 04-26-2017 at 10:14 PM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:18 PM   #370
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Debbie leaving, cammy13 from Pool B hits the bench

Good episode. I was wondering if "the 6" were going to start running away with, I'm glad to see it's gonna be a "reshuffling of the deck".

It really does seem like anytime an alliance gets all "Yeah, we got this, we're golden to the end." it goes poorly for them. Which kinda makes sense. I'd think that anytime you have an alliance larger than 3 people, someone's gonna feel the pressure and smart players "on the bottom" will use that pressure if they can suss out who's on the bottom.

Didn't see Debbie going home at all today, honestly. Though I'm glad that she is. She's got to be one of my least favorite players. Just seems to re-write reality (anyone else catch that she felt Andrea was 'democratically picked with everyone having a say in 10 minutes' bit?) to suit her own idea of what should have happened and she's as unreliable as they come.

The rest are playing a pretty good game. I'm definitely more impressed with Sarah this time around, and Andrea's been a treat to watch as she's been under pressure, too.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:29 AM   #371
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good riddance Debbie! We also learned she was an the Auxiliary Air Force or something? That probably means she went to Air Cadets(or similar) try out day once. Such a dishonest person.

It was nice to see the alliance get trashed, though I wonder why they didn't go after Brad or Sierra. It always seems the people most likely to win survive these flipping votes.

I'm going to guess final 3 as Brad, Aubry and Zeke. Probably wrong, but hey. Guesses!
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:33 AM   #372
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hopefully that is the last we see of Debbie as a cast away, but given her out burst this season I doubt it is. I do enjoy watching her melt down though.

The days of a 'solid alliance' of that size going far are over, as Jeff said at tribal, there is always someone on the bottom and today's players are super fans, there are no more Hey that looks like fun I should try it whims going on after this many seasons. And you especially won't see that with returning players, people like Sarah see they are on the bottom and want to flip the script, good on her.

Entertaining episode, always fun to see Debbie go home.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 AM   #373
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Debbie was a game changer because she was basically an emotionally unstable child.

She was bought on because she's entertaining in front of the camera and is apt to explode, but strategy wise she's just not good and her ability to read people sucks. Good riddance, now you can go back to being a "Captain" in the Air Force Auxillary.

I honestly think that Zeke is going to get gutted next, he's too strategic and he now has a hell of a story for the jury. There's no way anyone with 2 cents worth of brain power lets him get to that point.

I'd like to see Brad and Aubrey there Sierra is on that tightrope for me.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:39 AM   #374
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

not a well played couple of days for Debbie that's for sure. 11 people left. An alliance of 6 vs 5 others. How the heck do you really just assume all 6 are tight? It's an easy vote flip with those numbers. That was a vote she could have used an extra vote to at least force a tie....
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #375
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
not a well played couple of days for Debbie that's for sure. 11 people left. An alliance of 6 vs 5 others. How the heck do you really just assume all 6 are tight? It's an easy vote flip with those numbers. That was a vote she could have used an extra vote to at least force a tie....
At 6-5 those idols of Tie become monstrous, because he can ultimately poop can an alliance and make his big move.

Also if I was in that uneven situation, I would totally be open for business as the mercenary swing vote.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #376
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
At 6-5 those idols of Tie become monstrous, because he can ultimately poop can an alliance and make his big move.

Also if I was in that uneven situation, I would totally be open for business as the mercenary swing vote.
Ha. We all know Tai is going home with 2 idols in his pocket.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #377
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sierra Is a gicantic moman
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 AM   #378
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Had to google that. Got nothing. What's a moman?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:13 PM   #379
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
you ok buddy, you wouldn't happen to be smelling burning toast or rotten almonds?

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #380
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bath salts
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote