Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-04-2019, 08:49 PM   #101
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

High res images of all of the shirts. https://canpl.ca/article/gallery-a-f...gural-cpl-kits

Cavalry's (spoilered for size):

NSFW!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 08:58 PM   #102
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't mind the green at all as a change strip.

Home one looks a bit plain though and maybe needs another color even as trim. Even just a different color on the neckline or sleeve cuffs (green?)

And yes, the horseshoe looks well out of place. How about replace the motto on the back of the next and put a smaller horseshoe there?
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #103
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love em both and will probably pick up one of each. I guess I’m in the minority as I like the green one more
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 09:18 PM   #104
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
High res images of all of the shirts. https://canpl.ca/article/gallery-a-f...gural-cpl-kits

Cavalry's (spoilered for size):

NSFW!
Like the sublimations on the Halifax kits, though home collar is odd.

York home looks like a bandage wrap across the chest. And away is a lazy. No sponsor yet I assume?

Nothing special about Hamilton. Though they have the orange on both kits, maybe what Calvary should've done with green?

Winnipeg home looks like German third strip or training kit. Away looks cool, though it's a stretch for the red stripes to be interpreted as two rivers.
And the jumble of lines on the bottom portion, worse then a tramp stamp.

Edmonton's is a mess, and the busiest unnecessary design, from odd looking stripes in the front, not in the back, to a rabbit. This while the coach calling quite oppositely the fact that he wants and likes a clean design, and he also doesn't care about wearing a dark kit in summer and wants them tight. And the same sponsor as Winnipeg.

Pacific is an odd color choice, as if they couldn't pick which bright color they liked best so they picked both and called it a day. And same sponsor as Halifax.

Be interesting to see the short and sock combos, as that can make or break the overall look too. Are some of those really bright color jerseys really going to be the same color shorts?

I like the Calvary sponsor the best. It's not a copy of another, it's not a kit sponsor, and the only other unique one, having our kid play Timbits soccer back when, Hamilton's looks like a grown up veriosn of the Tshirts that kids get at 4 years old. Again, maybe move the C and maybe split the white collar with a green and red stripe (like Pacific did) would give it a bit more character.

Last edited by browna; 04-04-2019 at 09:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 PM   #105
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the Cavalry shirts, and maybe prefer the away. I’m not sure about the horseshoe, but really the only place I would wear one is at a game I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 02:18 AM   #106
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The home top is really nice, I'm a big fan. It's clean, simple yet sharp.

Are shirts only available for order on the app? I can't seem them in the team shops I've checked and I can't yet register with the app using a UK number. I'll use a friend's number to register if they are selling them via the app.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 04-05-2019, 07:02 AM   #107
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

We are Peru

Old 04-05-2019, 07:49 AM   #108
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I love the green jersey, very classy and an homage to the conventional military colours, including the nice camo texture worked into the primary coloring.=

The red jersey is .... meh. If stripes have to happen, something like this would have been better IMO:

Old 04-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #109
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I like the red. Calgary teams should not ever wear green.
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #110
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh ya, one thing that was casually revealed at some point was that a new streaming service will be launched to stream all CPL games. It's called OneSoccer. They will have all CPL, Canadian Championship, League1 Ontario, and Canadian national team games.

Here's their website. http://onesoccer.ca/ Info is sparse. There's no price point listed. I think if it's between $5-10 a month you could get some demand, but for any price over that, demand will be very limited.

The MediaPro release seems to imply that certain content will be on cable television. So I would imagine some games would be on a network like TSN / Sportsnet / CBC with the full suite of content available on the app / website. https://imaginanews.mediapro.es/rf/r...ease%20ENG.pdf

Last edited by shermanator; 04-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #111
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Oh ya, one thing that was casually revealed at some point was that a new streaming service will be launched to stream all CPL games. It's called OneSoccer. They will have all CPL, Canadian Championship, League1 Ontario, and Canadian national team games.

Here's their website. http://onesoccer.ca/ Info is sparse. There's no price point listed. I think if it's between $5-10 a month you could get some demand, but for any price over that, demand will be very limited.

The MediaPro release seems to imply that certain content will be on cable television. So I would imagine some games would be on a network like TSN / Sportsnet / CBC with the full suite of content available on the app / website. https://imaginanews.mediapro.es/rf/r...ease%20ENG.pdf
Who is behind this media company? Why spend so much on a singular, rather unknown product? What else do they have?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #112
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
Who is behind this media company? Why spend so much on a singular, rather unknown product? What else do they have?
This should be on DAZN. Seems like a no brainer.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #113
J epworth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post

Mediapro is a pretty huge media company in Spain, they manage the broadcast rights to La Liga, Ligue 1, Spainish rights holder for Champions league, they operate BeIN sports, and help produce events for FIBA, FIFA World Cup and Formula 1. They also manage the Golf Channel I think.

Basically they aren't really spending "so much on a singular product," the CanPL is a drop in the bucket in their rights distribution.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J epworth For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #114
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Agreed MediaPro is very big and they know what they're doing. I would guess that One soccer is going to be a Canadian offshoot that will be managed by MediaPro.

I also read somewhere that there should be some games on TSN. Hopefully a weekly feature where you can catch 1-2 games.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 05:09 PM   #115
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright, which one of you is this?

https://twitter.com/Markalicious85/s...276032/photo/1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #116
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

That is.....ambitious, lol.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:35 AM   #117
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For those of you who have bought one or more shirts, hacks your order shipped yet? I ordered a few on Friday and was given Monday as an expected shipping date. However, it is still processing.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 04-10-2019, 07:25 AM   #118
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m holding off buying a shirt because I know if I do, the club will give me one with my tickets! I do wish they’d just say that “this is what we’re giving you” already so I can make that decision.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #119
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’m holding off buying a shirt because I know if I do, the club will give me one with my tickets! I do wish they’d just say that “this is what we’re giving you” already so I can make that decision.
If you are in Battalion, that's a pretty safe bet. Speaking of which, has anyone heard from the team on this yet?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 AM   #120
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
For those of you who have bought one or more shirts, hacks your order shipped yet? I ordered a few on Friday and was given Monday as an expected shipping date. However, it is still processing.
I ordered mine Friday night, and mine says processing, with a ship date of April 15. Someone in the SG who ordered at the bar while the kit launch was going on received an email saying his ship date was April 22.

Quote:
I wouldn't expect much from the club on this. Our season ticket package said we would get 15% off merch and the club told us they have not heard about a discount for the CPL online shop. Every other CPL club seems to be able to figure out how to do it. We've got a bunch of people in the SG holding back their jersey purchases waiting for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge