Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2019, 12:06 PM   #981
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Caught is a strong word. I use the same username and avatar.

And the beef EE has was he thinks I came on here delusional about the bombers. It was a lousy take.
That's ironic seeing there's ample evidence of some really lousy takes by you in this thread. Ample evidence. Listen I don't like picking on people or being part of an internet mob mentality of piling on posters but man you are one of the more oblivious posters I have seen in a long time.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 01:01 PM   #982
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Saturday night, Battle of Alberta, excellent forecast... should be a great night tonight, hope there’s a big crowd!
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #983
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1157739160280674304
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #984
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
This post was weird and wrong I had to wait a while to respond.

Blinded by 5 wins? In what way? What grand proclamations have I made? None. Did I say the Bombers were going to host the west final? No. Did I say the Bombers are a lock to make it to the GC? No. I said what every other pundit on TSN or elsewhere was saying at the time.. they were the most complete football team in the league. The offense was a no show in Hamilton and TO, and the D has had a half of a bad football game in Toronto. Now the CP brain trust for the CFL is declaring the Bombers "exposed". OK. Cool. We'll see next week I guess.

Then you bring up the fact the Bombers haven't won a championship since 1990, jeez, I wonder if that's something I knew?

As far as losing 5 Grey Cups since 1990, yeah, it sucks. Should have beat Edmonton (lost Dunigan to injury and had to play Garza), Should have demolished Calgary (worst team to win the Grey Cup ever), and lost to Saskatchewan, barely, with popgun arm Dinwiddie. Oh well. I'm still here and I still love the team and talk a lot of #### when we lose but always come out and support them when I can and get over my rage after a ####ty loss in around ~2 hours. I should probably go no where near a computer during a game or the night of a loss.. but I have passion for my team.
Notice I didnt reply to you with those facts about the Bomber's Grey Cup drought and championship chokes? It was an fact for Stamps fans who didnt know

No wild proclamations from you were made here, it was directed at your smug comments from both here and on MBB. Comparisons with the Stamps to the Patriots? Competing for the West division title? it might be a reach but certainly I wouldnt think we're delusional about it. Had the Bombers been playing poorly since the start of the season, I certainly believe you wouldnt be looking down on Stamp fans

As for being "caught", I'd say you were. I dont know how you'd think you'd make those kind of comments about us and our fanbase and still think you'd be respected here
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #985
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess I'll have to some how deal with not being respected by some stamps fans online. I'm sure a support group exists and can help me.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #986
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

And the trolls keep trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #987
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I guess I'll have to some how deal with not being respected by some stamps fans online. I'm sure a support group exists and can help me.
I think what people object to is the two faced nature of being a member of this community while at the same time making fun of it on another site
Do what you want but that’s pretty lame
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #988
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
I think what people object to is the two faced nature of being a member of this community while at the same time making fun of it on another site
Do what you want but that’s pretty lame
I can see that aspect, but I think it's more my business what I do elsewhere especially as a rival fan. I didn't actually ever specifically cite Calgary Puck either, a lot of my comments were about the horsemen website as well.

What I think is lame is trying to make cross forum arguments, and stalking people elsewhere on other forms (you don't even participate in) to try and argue with someone.

Last edited by White Out 403; 08-03-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #989
fireguyfire
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Remember fellas, jealousy is the highest form of flattery.

fireguyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:03 PM   #990
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguyfire View Post
Remember fellas, jealousy is the highest form of flattery.

I think you're thinking of imitation. But there's no doubt that I, along with any honest Bomber fan, I'm totally jealous of your team's regular season dominance for the last decade or so.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #991
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
I can see that aspect, but I think it's more my business what I do elsewhere especially as a rival fan. I didn't actually ever specifically cite Calgary Puck either, a lot of my comments were about the horsemen website as well.

What I think is lame is trying to make cross forum arguments, and stalking people elsewhere on other forms (you don't even participate in) to try and argue with someone.
Nice try. We know you're which "Calgary Forum" and which message board of Stamp fans you're referring to. It sure isn't the other Calgary message board which you havent participated or logged in.

Fairly hypocritical to think it's lame for us to make cross forum arguments when you've already made cross forum references
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #992
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Stamps Go! Kick Eskimo butt tonight!
dash_pinched is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #993
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Nice try. We know you're which "Calgary Forum" and which message board of Stamp fans you're referring to. It sure isn't the other Calgary message board which you havent participated or logged in.

Fairly hypocritical to think it's lame for us to make cross forum arguments when you've already made cross forum references
1) I don't care if people here read my opinions on Calgary fans or sports teams elsewhere. I went through this before on the mainboard with the Flames and HF Jets. You aren't cracking a big mystery, and you aren't special. Sorry.

2) I was logged in to the horsemen forum as recently as a few days ago. I had issues posting because it insists on using tapatalk and I wasn't patient enough to make it work.

3) You (or whoever I don't care at this point) are the one scouring the internet trying to find my opinions about your team elsewhere and drag them on here. That's some seriously insecure ####. For obvious reasons I keep my opinion about Stamps fans off a Calgary site because that would be trolling and totally uncalled for. For a fan of a team who's "Patriots North" (lol) there is a lot of little brother syndrome on display in this thread (respect me!! love me!!).

Last edited by White Out 403; 08-03-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #994
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Stamps have been decimated by injuries, have had major ball security and discipline issues, haven't had the MOP QB since week two, and are somehow tied for first overall. I'm getting pretty excited about what this team can actually do healthy. If they ever get healthy this season.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #995
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kenny Stafford has been a pretty good receiver for the Eskies, I get that they need a replacement returner for the injured Martese Jackson, but this was a steep price to pay.

The Riders have sent returner Christion Jones to Edmonton for veteran receiver Kenny Stafford.

Saskatchewan general manager Jeremy O’Day released pass catcher K.D. Cannon in order to make room for Stafford on the roster.

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/05/r...enny-stafford/
Old 08-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #996
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stamps are on a short week and Winnipeg is at home, but -8.5 seems a bit off.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158465415678517249
Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #997
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

I'd take all the underdogs easily. Especially Montreal, the Riders are not good enough to be favorites on the road against any non-basement team.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #998
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have no idea what will happen on Thursday. The optimist in me hopes for a big bounce back from Winnipeg but the pessimist in me is well trained from decades of disappointment as a Bomber fan.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #999
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158550754455515138

Hmmmmm...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2019, 07:07 AM   #1000
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Stamps are on a short week and Winnipeg is at home, but -8.5 seems a bit off.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1158465415678517249
Stamps have one day to prepare for this game which is a massive disadvantage. The last game the Stamps had one day of practice was against the Argos and they were not very sharp that game and there's little time to change schemes so the Bombers coaching staff can pretty well dissect the Eskimos game film as that's mostly what they will see. I hate the way this league schedules as this is already the 2nd time this season the Stamps have played the last game of a week only to have to turn around and play Thursday against a team with two more days rest. I simply don't understand why this game couldn't have been the Friday night game.

The Bombers are a good team and should win this game based on preparation and rest alone. I think the Stamps can keep things close but they are going to have to win the turnover battle and start finishing drives as they have been settling for far too many FG's of late.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-06-2019 at 07:09 AM.