Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:12 PM   #4421
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
^ I think lots of lights will fit, some will need to be modified more than others.

I have one I bought from MEC that has a clip on it that looks like it would likely work

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5038-0...USB-Rear-Light
Your link brought me to "Customers also bought this"

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5018-9...h-Rack-Bracket

Problem solved. Thanks!
Old 04-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #4422
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Glad I could help.

Well the boys at cyclepath were able to bled my avid brakes and bring them back to life, somewhat happy I did not have o upgrade to new brakes as I remembered that last year, I grabbed about 4 pair of pads on a close out sale at Jensen.

Laos picked up my wife's new rig a 2016 giant anthem - bike was nicely priced with a full xt build. It is so much lighter than her prior bike (a trek fuel), I am hoping we can ride the high Rockies trail by May long

Last edited by Northendzone; 04-12-2017 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #4423
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Thank you worth for the new saddle for my friend's bike. I'm going to attempt to fix it up over the weekend. I'll posts some before and after shots if I'm successful.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #4424
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

A little soggy out there this morning. Hope it clears up for the afternoon (and I hope all of my stuff dries).
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 06:46 AM   #4425
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ sir you are a real b@d@$$ for riding in this morning. I heard the rain on my roof and went back to sleep for 10 more minutes
Old 04-13-2017, 07:05 AM   #4426
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wussed out for most of the cold this winter so I figured I'd better man up for this stuff. It wasn't too bad. I think the wind was at my back so that helped.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:33 AM   #4427
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would have rode today but volunteered at kid #1's school for swimming lessons so I needed the vehicle. Only commuted twice this week via bike, will make up for it with a vengeance next week.

Last edited by Bigtime; 04-13-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #4428
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, just looked out the window. Coming down a lot harder now than it was at 5:15 this morning.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:41 AM   #4429
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I opted out of biking and driving to work today. The rain gear is nice and clean anyway.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:42 AM   #4430
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone have a recommendation for cycling gloves for this type of weather? Not necessarily rain, but for 0C? Too warm for winter gloves, but too cold for fingerless gloves.

I got into work this morning and thought I had frostbite on the tips of my fingers. Holy man was that painful. Much rather dress up and ride in -20c than ride this morning without gloves.

Also, i'm completely soaked and my gear likely will not be dry for the ride home.

Hope the saddle works out KTrain!
Old 04-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #4431
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ MEC shows a pair of shimano gloves that are water resitant for $65.

I have a pair of cool weather gloves, but I have never ridden enough int eh rain to know how they would work
Old 04-13-2017, 01:28 PM   #4432
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have different pairs of gloves for different weathers. I like sugoi and what they have to offer. However, I have a good friend who is more frugal and he wears neoprene kayaking gloves on days like today, and in all honesty, they would probably better in this soggy cold than my gloves.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #4433
pope04
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Anyone have a recommendation for cycling gloves for this type of weather? Not necessarily rain, but for 0C? Too warm for winter gloves, but too cold for fingerless gloves.

I got into work this morning and thought I had frostbite on the tips of my fingers. Holy man was that painful. Much rather dress up and ride in -20c than ride this morning without gloves.

Also, i'm completely soaked and my gear likely will not be dry for the ride home.

Hope the saddle works out KTrain!
I bought these on clearance earlier this winter for those "tweener" days:

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-6...m-Thermo-Glove

They were worth their weight in gold today!!

I'd check them out in-store - like some of the reviews state, the fingers seem to be slightly longish......not so much to be a deal-breaker for me. One guy complains of a "palm seam." I don't notice that at all.

Last edited by pope04; 04-13-2017 at 07:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to pope04 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #4434
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thinking about bringing the fat bike up from the basement.....
Old 04-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #4435
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does anyone here have a Ritchey by any chance?

After making the rounds for a new bike, trying out a whole whack of things, and slowly up-selling myself on what I "need"... I've 95% settled on getting a steel frame road/cross bike. Going back to the 90s I've always been a fan of Ritchey for some reason or another, but unfortunately it's a bit hard to find any locally that are fully built up to try out, so the best thing is to get some opinions from others who have one. I'm trying to decide between the Road Logic and the Swiss Cross.

Also, any opinions on getting a bike built at Campione? Good/bad idea? When I went down to chat with them the guy was super helpful, but I figured I'd ask. They have a new location by the Beltline Co-Op btw...although they are still half moved in.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #4436
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post

After making the rounds for a new bike, trying out a whole whack of things, and slowly up-selling myself on what I "need"... I've 95% settled on getting a steel frame road/cross bike. Going back to the 90s I've always been a fan of Ritchey for some reason or another, but unfortunately it's a bit hard to find any locally that are fully built up to try out, so the best thing is to get some opinions from others who have one. I'm trying to decide between the Road Logic and the Swiss Cross.

Also, any opinions on getting a bike built at Campione? Good/bad idea? When I went down to chat with them the guy was super helpful, but I figured I'd ask. They have a new location by the Beltline Co-Op btw...although they are still half moved in.
You can't go wrong with Ritchey, in my opinion.

I bought my cross bike from Campione. I didn't have any issues then but I haven't been there in years. They had a very good mech there who knew his way around Campy but I have no idea if he's still there.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #4437
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I love Ritchey's. I really like the ride, and a lot of it is nostaglia. I would love a swiss cross breakaway for travelling. Franzky at Bow Cycle collects Ritcheys. He would be a good guy to talk to. He bought my p-23 off of me.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #4438
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post

My Surly came from Campione. Abrar is a really nice guy and knows his stuff. I would recommend Campione.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #4439
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cool, great to know you guys have had a good experience....with both bike and store. Now just to decide whether to go road or cross...

I tried out a Surly Cross-Check as well, which was actually had quite a nice ride as well, although I'm hoping the Ritchey can be a bit more spry.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #4440
Simon96Taco
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
The construction is still not quite done...
Thank you both. The crap weather means I'm still probably a few days or more away from my first ride in...

Hopefully the construction is done soon, but I assume there is some sort of detour in place!
Closed Thread