Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2015, 09:14 PM   #1
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Front of the line Stampede Passes

The $20 wristband that you lets you in the alternate, shorter line up for Stampede Rides.

I know that they only sell a limited amount of these per day. Does anybody know when they typically sell out?

In the past I've always gone when the doors open, but I am considering going later in the day this year and some feedback would help.

Has anybody tried buying one at 3pm? 6pm? 8pm? on any day this year with or without success?
Rjcsjc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

You have to buy the main wristband then upgrade to the shortline pass.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #3
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Yes, that's correct. And that is normally what I do, but I usually go early in the day.

The CS website only says that there is a limited number of those shortline passes, and I don't know what that means. I'm wondering when they typically run out of those.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #4
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I was there on Saturday and I saw a dad buy one for him and his two kids at about 1:00.
Also if you are hot you can still use that line, I saw three times where a hot girl got into that line and then play dumb. They let her on with a "Next time I won't let you on without a pass" I tell you carnies are not like they were back in my day, back then they would stick to the carnie code.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #5
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ don't get me started on carnies - i hate to see this thread locked down or deleted.....
Old 07-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #6
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflyer View Post
I was there on Saturday and I saw a dad buy one for him and his two kids at about 1:00.
Also if you are hot you can still use that line, I saw three times where a hot girl got into that line and then play dumb. They let her on with a "Next time I won't let you on without a pass" I tell you carnies are not like they were back in my day, back then they would stick to the carnie code.

Nope. 0 for 3, Male, Middle-aged, Fat.

Dudes like me have to pay.

I am worried that if I go later in the day these wont be available, just seeing if anybody had a story where they tried to buy one, but they were sold out, and if so, what time was it.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate wristbands like that. It's basically a wristband for people with more money to be a jerk and budge everyone. Wait in line like everybody else.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I hate wristbands like that. It's basically a wristband for people with more money to be a jerk and budge everyone. Wait in line like everybody else.
I don't have an excess of money but I think I might get those for my kids next year. Would sure speed up the times we waited in line.

Most rides it wasn't too bad, but we likely could have saved an hour or two had we those wristbands. I think that is worth $40.
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aeneas For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #9
Rjcsjc62
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Like Aeneas, This is strictly to get my kids through the line faster and wear them out faster. Fundamentally, I agree with you, and I'll admit I found it uncomfortable at first, as I do feel like a jerk that is budging in line. I probably wouldn't bother for myself, but it is simply a cost to make my family visit easier.

If they did away with these I wouldn't mind at all, but as long as they are available I'll be trying to buy them.

You do have to learn to ignore the glaring eyeballs from the people in the "slow line", or in this case, the judgments from the guy with the world's greatest avatar in vBulletin message board history.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:49 AM   #10
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

where do you get a pass to ride the Wobbly H?