Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #61
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Still the best show on TV. Pretty surprised to see negative comments in here TBH. Anyone looking for a "comedy" should look elsewhere, even though there are hysterical moments. I hear big bang theory and modern family are funny.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #62
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just finished all 4 seasons and I don't get the love for this show. I'll stick to his stand up specials. I have a hard time seeing the difference between the character Ben Stiller played in Meet The Parents and the "character" Louie CK plays in Louie. Both equally painful to watch.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #63
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Into the first couple of episodes of the third season, and only about 1/4 of the episodes so far have been enjoyable. There are some brilliant moments in this show, but mostly I find myself powering through most of the content to get to something good.

I like his stand-up, but can't get into this show at all. Maybe just not my flavor, but I too cannot comprehend the praise this show receives.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #64
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
Still the best show on TV. Pretty surprised to see negative comments in here TBH. Anyone looking for a "comedy" should look elsewhere, even though there are hysterical moments. I hear big bang theory and modern family are funny.
God forbid someone to expect comedy from one of the best comedians in the world today

Don't look down on the word comedy, show it a little more respect if you think comedy is only big bang theory sitcom type shows

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 06-27-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #65
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Just finished all 4 seasons and I don't get the love for this show. I'll stick to his stand up specials. I have a hard time seeing the difference between the character Ben Stiller played in Meet The Parents and the "character" Louie CK plays in Louie. Both equally painful to watch.
That makes a lot of sense. I really liked the show for how imaginative it was, how well it was shot and the awesome music. His character he plays is a little weird and I don't like how it's getting darker and more depressing but still it's a good show in my opinion.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #66
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Sniper View Post
God forbid someone to expect comedy from one of the best comedians in the world today

Don't look down on the word comedy, show it a little more respect if you think comedy is only big bang theory sitcom type shows
Huh? I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this, because I don't get what you're trying to say.

Yes, you should expect comedy from a comedian. But you're likely going to be disappointed in this case (especially as it goes on), hence you should probably look elsewhere, which is what I suggested. You don't think it's reasonable to tell people to look elsewhere for laughs if they're not finding any?

I think this show is hysterical at times, but I would hesitate to define it as a comedy. Are we arguing about the definition of "comedy" or what? I don't look down at comedy at all. I love comedy. I don't think I get your point.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:17 AM   #67
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

The fifth season of Louie is done. Unfortunately there was only half of a season, but there is a pretty funny story behind it.

http://www.avclub.com/article/louies...-ck-got-220131

As usual, I really enjoyed this season and laughed a lot. There were some great episodes with him having a sleepover for his youngest daughter and a two-part of Louie on the road. Great show, but I'm sad I have to wait another year yet again...
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:23 PM   #68
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

The finale was great, Jim Florentine stole the show. "Stay where you are, I'll just take an upper decker."