Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2024, 08:34 AM   #61
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Yeah, as much as I have become uneasy about dangerous hits, Trouba's was totally within the rules of the game. Eliminating those sorts of hits is a tall order, and it would probably require a radical revision of the rulebook that most fans would not be happy about.

Do we know whether Pelletier injured the same shoulder?
I think it was the same for sure; when he injured it in the preseason it was on the side of the boards with the penalty box and he kinda went in head/left shoulder first. On the Trouba hit he’s backing up and Trouba collides into his left arm/shoulder. Likely shuts Jakob down for the season which is too bad; his start to his career is reminding me of Backlunds which was riddled with injuries early on as well and had many questioning his durability. JP will be fine but he definitely needs to bulk up this coming offseason and learn how to adjust his game a little more to be wary of these types of collisions.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:34 AM   #62
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
This is hockey, Trouba made a hockey hit. Not sure what's to be mad about. Pelletier needs to play with more awareness out there.
Is ther a view of the hit better than what we got a glimpse of on the game feed? To me it looked like the hit was from behind, or that Pelletier was at least 3/4 turned away from Trouba. The only way he could play with more awareness would be to grow a third eye or have side view mirrors on his helmet.
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:33 AM   #63
Funkhouser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Trouba is effective and plays within the rules. Don't hate him for being good at his job!

Would love to have a player like that on our team. Reminds me of Denis Gauthier, but without the constant errors!
Funkhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:49 AM   #64
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gotta keep your head up!
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 09:52 AM   #65
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Clean hit but I still want to see Trouba get levelled at some point. Just because.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:54 AM   #66
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Trouba hits are borderline or outright dirty so often that it’s hard not to see any hit where someone gets hurt and not automatically blame Trouba for throwing another bad hit.

But… I dunno, it was among his cleanest. I doubt it would have been an issue on most other players. Feels like mostly bad luck for Pelletier.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 12:45 PM   #67
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Clean hit but I still want to see Trouba get levelled at some point. Just because.
He’s becoming like scott stevens
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:48 PM   #68
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
I think it was the same for sure; when he injured it in the preseason it was on the side of the boards with the penalty box and he kinda went in head/left shoulder first. On the Trouba hit he’s backing up and Trouba collides into his left arm/shoulder. Likely shuts Jakob down for the season which is too bad; his start to his career is reminding me of Backlunds which was riddled with injuries early on as well and had many questioning his durability. JP will be fine but he definitely needs to bulk up this coming offseason and learn how to adjust his game a little more to be wary of these types of collisions.
I didn’t see the game or the hit. So consensus is he wrecked his shoulder again and it wasn’t a concussion?

Wonder if this rolls Coronato into the lineup.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:58 PM   #69
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
I didn’t see the game or the hit. So consensus is he wrecked his shoulder again and it wasn’t a concussion?

Wonder if this rolls Coronato into the lineup.
Hard to tell, but he went to the back neither hunched like you do with a shoulder nor with assistance. Looked actually pretty fit when he went off.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2024, 01:01 PM   #70
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully not the same shoulder. That would really suck. Physically and mentally.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:03 PM   #71
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Hopefully not the same shoulder. That would really suck. Physically and mentally.
I'm pretty sure one the talking heads said it wasn't a concussion
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:06 PM   #72
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Hard to tell, but he went to the back neither hunched like you do with a shoulder nor with assistance. Looked actually pretty fit when he went off.
I agree. It certainly wasn’t hanging by a thread like it was last time.
dieHARDflameZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #73
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I didn't think the hit on Pelletier was dirty but Trouba has dished out dirty hits in the past. It seems like whenever the Flames play the Rangers it is a guarantee that Trouba will injure someone with a hit, whether its clean or dirty.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:14 PM   #74
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I didn't think the hit on Pelletier was dirty but Trouba has dished out dirty hits in the past. It seems like whenever the Flames play the Rangers it is a guarantee that Trouba will injure someone with a hit, whether its clean or dirty.
They needed to go after him first in this game before he got his big hit in on one of our guys.

It's become a pattern now and there's been no response from the Flames. Disappointing.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 03:20 PM   #75
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I won't comment about this one, but I do think there can be legal but dirty/dangerous hits - ones that are uneceesarily violent, eg. where the hitter sees the hittee is off balance and could easily do his job without a dangerous play.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 04:42 PM   #76
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post

Backlund’s were all unrelated, I’d say more bad luck, than something potentially repeatable and potentially chronic

I talked to him at a poker tourney in 2014 or so, he seemed a bit frustrated more than concerned
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:57 PM   #77
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1757549709743579151
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2024, 06:03 AM   #78
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp: